+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Vptl

Star Member
Jun 4, 2021
I received the test invite email yesterday, and the test window is from January 17 to February 16.

Can someone who has taken the test share their experience? How easy or hard was it?
I completed the test yesterday and passed it. However, while taking the exam, my antivirus popup appeared. When I clicked on the 'X' button to close the popup, I received a warning saying, "Oops! It looks like you opened something. Click on the 'I am back' button to resume the test." I was able to complete the test later, and hopefully, that warning won't be counted as cheating.

wonderwall007

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
I completed the test yesterday and passed it. However, while taking the exam, my antivirus popup appeared. When I clicked on the 'X' button to close the popup, I received a warning saying, "Oops! It looks like you opened something. Click on the 'I am back' button to resume the test." I was able to complete the test later, and hopefully, that warning won't be counted as cheating.
Dont worry about it

Reactions: Vptl

mimunakamuna

Star Member
Jun 9, 2020
Any Montreal applicants here? How's your application coming along? Mine is stuck since December 28th when my test results and status completed. Everything else is in progress since December 30th...

CECE2020

Apr 8, 2021
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
20-02-2020
AOR Received.
23-03-2020
I am curious why somw people get fingerprint request and others no? Have you given your fingerprints before? Like for PR?
Yes, they had my fingerprint wayback for my TRV. However, they said that for citizenship applications RCMP fingerprints are valid for only one year!

wonderwall007

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
Yes, they had my fingerprint wayback for my TRV. However, they said that for citizenship applications RCMP fingerprints are valid for only one year!
Thats weird! So most people shall provide new fingerprints in that case. What I am seeing though is that most applicants dont get asked for fingerprints

CECInlandCA

Dec 19, 2018
Hello All,

I am also planning to apply for Citizenship for me and my daughter. I have few doubts, could you please advise -

1. I completed my required physical number of days but my daughter not. Can I apply for my daughter as well along with me ?
2 . Can I apply online citizen application for me and my daughter as a Group
3. We went India for long vacations and my daughter's Indian passport expired there. So it has 4 months Gap in issuing the new passport. What could I mentioned in the explanation section
3. Could you please share the Online Application link

thank you so much for your kind response

sujiv

Dec 12, 2023
Happened with me for a different reason not antivirus. But dont worry abt it it wont be counted as cheating. my test is marked completed in tracker now.

Reactions: Vptl

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Any idea about fingerprints? Why some people get a request for FP submission and others no?
At a high level if you have a very common name or your date of birth results in an entry while querying there security DB, FP is requested to differentiate you against what got popped up.
If nothing comes FP is not requested. Furthermore if its gets caught up in Security Check, Canadian intelligence gets involved as it could mean verifying things outside the boundaries of Canada. That could take upwards of a year to get completed.

In detail - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/the-anatomy-of-a-background-check-in-depth-analysis.500146/