+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Feb 3, 2018
I just received an email to link
Citizenship application again today. I already received the same email last Thursday on the 7th of December and had already linked my application before that.
Did anyone of you receive the same email for the second time ? Thanks

Stick

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
Citizenship application again today. I already received the same email last Thursday on the 7th of December and had already linked my application before that.
Yes, I got a ghost update on Dec 7th, and the email a few minutes/hours later to link my account. But I have seen no progress nor update on my account since then.

Reactions: Siddharth Pandya

Canada429

Star Member
Jun 1, 2021
Normally 48 - 72 hrs.
I received AOR on Dec 6 for minor application and i am still not able to register for tracker. Called IRCC twice and all looks good on their end and suggested me to fill the webform under technical difficulties which i did twice and no response.

Any clue why i am not be able to register for tracker. I tried all possible way like new browser, new phone, computer, cleared cache, history and still no luck.

M.Z

Star Member
Dec 23, 2020
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1101
Application: Single
Application sent: Nov 25th, 2023
Delivered: Nov 25th, 2023
AOR: 14 December 2023

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I received AOR on Dec 6 for minor application and i am still not able to register for tracker. Called IRCC twice and all looks good on their end and suggested me to fill the webform under technical difficulties which i did twice and no response.

Any clue why i am not be able to register for tracker. I tried all possible way like new browser, new phone, computer, cleared cache, history and still no luck.
Some applicants do face this because of some backend issue in IRCC system. You need to keep raising webform for technical difficulties and maybe it will get fixed over time. Many people just skip tracker because of this and rely on calls to IRCC and email for test and citizenship update. In your case as its minor application they don't see any updates and application just completes when parents application completes. You can keep trying to get it working but as its minor application there is no value add in tracking it.

BunnyTiger

Nov 29, 2023
Physical Presence Days: 1825
Application: Family (1)
Application sent: November 22nd, 2023
Delivered/Submitted: November 22nd, 2023
AOR: Awaiting
Just got the AOR email this morning.

Physical Presence Days: 1825
Application: Family (1)
Application sent: November 22nd, 2023
Delivered/Submitted: November 22nd, 2023
AOR: December 15, 2023

Reactions: M.Z

magic_day

Jun 9, 2020
Same situation. But no update in the system.

freon

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Physical Presence Days: 1211
Application: Family(4)
Application Submitted: November 26th
AOR: December 14th

We can't login to the Citizenship Tracker though as it's throwing us the "wrong info" error. It's probably wishful thinking to expect a test schedule email before the new year, eh? :D

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: imadeddin

rockstarcg90

Star Member
Dec 6, 2022
Some applicants do face this because of some backend issue in IRCC system. You need to keep raising webform for technical difficulties and maybe it will get fixed over time. Many people just skip tracker because of this and rely on calls to IRCC and email for test and citizenship update. In your case as its minor application they don't see any updates and application just completes when parents application completes. You can keep trying to get it working but as its minor application there is no value add in tracking it.
Do you think that would be the case too for a standalone minor application without parents? I mean section 5(2)?

Canada429

Star Member
Jun 1, 2021
Thank you for your reply. I only got one application minor 5(2) age 15. I only expect a oath invite from them and relying on email from IRCC since i cannot register with tracker.

Does minor have to go through background check?

Canada429

Star Member
Jun 1, 2021
The last time i taljed to IRCC and i asked them they told me my processing office is Vancouver. I am in Calgary.

I am thinking to email directly to Vancouver office about tracking issue.

Anyone got Vancouver office email?