CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
No I didn’t give my fingerprints for my PR. I had just given my biometrics at that time.
They request fp if the name is common and share the same date of birth. In my case, my name is not common and date of birth as well…so they did not request.
Sorry; what are biometrics if not fingerprints? I did not have to "give biometrics" when doing PR (2018-2019).

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
Biometrics are fingerprints and photo which ircc made it mandatory from 2018 December onwards and valid for 10 years.
Sorry. I'm misunderstanding something here, but I'm not sure what. You said you did not give fingerprints for PR, but you did give biometrics. Then you said biometrics includes fingerprints. So this would mean you did give fingerprints for PR, right?

I did not, since my PR AOR was prior to the biometrics requirement for my country (USA).

souradeep

Feb 19, 2018
For citizenship, they ask fingerprints from RCMP and they are valid for 1 year.
Read about biometrics in ircc website.

souradeep

Feb 19, 2018
Sorry. I'm misunderstanding something here, but I'm not sure what. You said you did not give fingerprints for PR, but you did give biometrics. Then you said biometrics includes fingerprints. So this would mean you did give fingerprints for PR, right?

I did not, since my PR AOR was prior to the biometrics requirement for my country (USA).
I moved to Canada before 2018 December, so biometrics was not mandatory at that time. But when I applied my pr in 2021, they requested and I had give it.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Dear @dpenabill,
Seeing your knowledge through the forum I wonder if you might be able to have an idea what is going on here.

Majority of people who received AOR for citizenship in late November throughout December have only cleared the Test and then silence.

Looking through the forum I can see that prior to November the Background check was completed shortly after AOR and only after the Test followed.
Also, starting in January 2024 I can see that people get BG cleared as first thing after AOR.

I had my AOR in Dec 19, 2023. Only test done.
Does it mean that IRCC just randomly send majority of applicants for deep security screening at CSIS and that is why majority doesn’t get BG cleared for this month? But this will be extremely not logical.

Maybe you know what might be going on here? Thanks
I am no expert. Moreover, I am no fan of micro-monitoring the progress of a citizenship application. I realize that scores of forum participants do endeavor to micro-monitor the progress of their application. Not much if any sign it helps anyone, least not much, in their decision-making. I suppose it helps mitigate anxiety for some but the bottom-line is that those qualified applicants who properly, fully, and accurately completed the application, and who keep IRCC properly advised of their valid contact information, and who appropriately and timely respond to notices and communications, can just go with the flow and almost all will get through the process in due course consistent with others with comparable cases (those applying around the same time and being processed in the same local office for example).

There are many, many variables, all sorts of factors that have an impact on processing timelines, but once the application is in the hopper most of this is outside the control of individual applicants.

That is, the qualified applicant does not need to follow the progress of their application's process any more closely than what is necessary to be prepared to appropriately and timely respond to notices and communications. Sure, at some stage, well down the calendar, some applicants may need to check on the status of their application if there is something indicating a problem they can address.

And those applicants who have relocated outside Canada tend to have an elevated need to anticipate next steps and their timeline, which is in part a cost of relocating abroad.

Meanwhile . . . over the last several years I have narrowed my focus to a limited range of issues that affect non-routine processing, status, or the outcome.

I can say that other than some quality control measures, IRCC rarely does anything "randomly." Just because we cannot map cause and effect does not mean it is random. Criteria that triggers additional inquiries or investigations is confidential. That many cannot discern a connection in their own case does not negate this and is not reason to think IRCC's actions are random. Not how it works.

An additional speculation: hard to figure out to what extent screening criteria and methods are currently augmented by machine-learning and other AI tools, but there are many signs in some areas of IRCC operations that automated decision (including machine-learning and other AI tools) is being employed; for those of us in the public this is bound to make it even more difficult to map what factors lead to what non-routine processing, let alone why.

nmdemp

Feb 2, 2024
I am no expert. Moreover, I am no fan of micro-monitoring the progress of a citizenship application. I realize that scores of forum participants do endeavor to micro-monitor the progress of their application. Not much if any sign it helps anyone, least not much, in their decision-making. I suppose it helps mitigate anxiety for some but the bottom-line is that those qualified applicants who properly, fully, and accurately completed the application, and who keep IRCC properly advised of their valid contact information, and who appropriately and timely respond to notices and communications, can just go with the flow and almost all will get through the process in due course consistent with others with comparable cases (those applying around the same time and being processed in the same local office for example).

There are many, many variables, all sorts of factors that have an impact on processing timelines, but once the application is in the hopper most of this is outside the control of individual applicants.

That is, the qualified applicant does not need to follow the progress of their application's process any more closely than what is necessary to be prepared to appropriately and timely respond to notices and communications. Sure, at some stage, well down the calendar, some applicants may need to check on the status of their application if there is something indicating a problem they can address.

And those applicants who have relocated outside Canada tend to have an elevated need to anticipate next steps and their timeline, which is in part a cost of relocating abroad.

Meanwhile . . . over the last several years I have narrowed my focus to a limited range of issues that affect non-routine processing, status, or the outcome.

I can say that other than some quality control measures, IRCC rarely does anything "randomly." Just because we cannot map cause and effect does not mean it is random. Criteria that triggers additional inquiries or investigations is confidential. That many cannot discern a connection in their own case does not negate this and is not reason to think IRCC's actions are random. Not how it works.

An additional speculation: hard to figure out to what extent screening criteria and methods are currently augmented by machine-learning and other AI tools, but there are many signs in some areas of IRCC operations that automated decision (including machine-learning and other AI tools) is being employed; for those of us in the public this is bound to make it even more difficult to map what factors lead to what non-routine processing, let alone why.
Any body BG still in progress?

BG and Prohibition left for green. It’s been 2 weeks that I received ( we received your FP will
Review shortly ) it’s not shortly i can say :))

wonderwall007

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019

It's great to see technology being used in processing demands hopefully faster! I am disappointed though that IRCC is not able to figure out the mailing server to send people emails when an update happens on the citizenship portal...Currently, unless you login and check out manually you would not get notified if an update happens on your application

JamesBox

Star Member
Jan 15, 2016
Med's Done....
11-02-2016
How long after the "Congratulations! You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony" message did you get your invites? I have 2 weeks so plenty of time.