+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

<<<< November 2023 AOR >>>>>

kaliko9

Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
I did upfront medical on October 11th, i didn't saw the rule in time. And in the list of document there was a Line for medical exam so i uploaded this one. I hope it's okay !
I think there may be many of us who did upfront medicals after 1st October. I also hope it is okay, though I am worried. In the link above it says "If you don’t follow these instructions, we may refuse your application."
Please update here if you get any updates, TIA.

Mr Bond

Star Member
Nov 10, 2023
The upfront medicals is not the issue. The review processes might have been altered following the new rule. I want to believe that BIL and Medical request will come after eligibility has been passed. Good luck

hr2094

Star Member
Nov 1, 2023
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
RROC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-10-2023
VISA ISSUED...
09-02-2024
The upfront medicals is not the issue. The review processes might have been altered following the new rule. I want to believe that BIL and Medical request will come after eligibility has been passed. Good luck
I believe otherwise. Many CIC and PNP nominated FSW applicants are receiving the BIL request and before eligibility even getting initiated so the process getting altered is most unlikely.

Idontknowmuchh

Star Member
Aug 2, 2023
I think there may be many of us who did upfront medicals after 1st October. I also hope it is okay, though I am worried. In the link above it says "If you don’t follow these instructions, we may refuse your application."
Please update here if you get any updates, TIA.
Oh no, I submitted my upfront medical results with my application a week ago. I did an upfront medical end of July . I figured they’ll let me know if I have to do a new one. Is this a new rule? For all candidates? I didn’t see this rule :( I’m stressed out now

Last edited:

Mr Bond

Star Member
Nov 10, 2023
I believe otherwise. Many CIC and PNP nominated FSW applicants are receiving the BIL request and before eligibility even getting initiated so the process getting altered is most unlikely.
Maybe their AOR was before October 1. The processes seems to have changed since the October 1 instruction.

hr2094

Star Member
Nov 1, 2023
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
RROC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-10-2023
VISA ISSUED...
09-02-2024
Maybe their AOR was before October 1. The processes seems to have changed since the October 1 instruction.
Nope. If you go through the forum and you will find Nov AOR and some even Dec AOR with BIL requests way before Eligibility initiation/Completion.

hr2094

Star Member
Nov 1, 2023
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
RROC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-10-2023
VISA ISSUED...
09-02-2024
Oh no, I submitted my upfront medical results with my application a week ago. I did an upfront medical end of August. I figured they’ll let me know if I have to do a new one. Is this a new rule? For all candidates? I didn’t see this rule :( I’m stressed out now
The rule says upfront medicals are not mandatory so they can't refuse your application. Also, you will have to redo the medicals only if your medical is expired at time of PPR request. P.S. I too submitted upfront medicals, AOR 20/Oct FSWO

Reactions: Idontknowmuchh

Idontknowmuchh

Star Member
Aug 2, 2023
The rule says upfront medicals are not mandatory so they can't refuse your application. Also, you will have to redo the medicals only if your medical is expired at time of PPR request. P.S. I too submitted upfront medicals, AOR 20/Oct FSWO
I sure hope they don’t reject it. When was your ITA?

Mr Bond

Star Member
Nov 10, 2023
I received this today.

Hello,
As of October 1, 2023, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) no longer requires Express Entry applicants and their family members to provide an upfront Immigration Medical Exams (IME) at the time of application.
When completing your application, you will be asked to upload proof of your upfront medical exam in the Express Entry Profile Builder, but this is no longer required:
  • If you have previously completed an IME as part of a previous application, please include it in your application using the same upload slot. You should include the IME or UMI number of your most recent medical exam.
  • If you have never completed an IME, please upload a blank document in the same upload slot.
IRCC will send you instructions when it is time to complete your IME, only if a new IME is required.
Thank you for your interest in Canada.
Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
I received this today.

Hello,
As of October 1, 2023, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) no longer requires Express Entry applicants and their family members to provide an upfront Immigration Medical Exams (IME) at the time of application.
When completing your application, you will be asked to upload proof of your upfront medical exam in the Express Entry Profile Builder, but this is no longer required:
  • If you have previously completed an IME as part of a previous application, please include it in your application using the same upload slot. You should include the IME or UMI number of your most recent medical exam.
  • If you have never completed an IME, please upload a blank document in the same upload slot.
IRCC will send you instructions when it is time to complete your IME, only if a new IME is required.
Thank you for your interest in Canada.
Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
I’m thinking this will be a generic email they will be sending out just like they did for the biometric payment. It’s good to see some sort of movement.