+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

<<<< November 2023 AOR >>>>>

Sarah1980

Apr 15, 2019
Hello all,

I have 2 questions.

How long does it take to get biometrics completed on the tracker or GCKey after they were given ? ( I am inland if that changes anything).

I am CEC AOR November 20th and got BIL on february 23rd and BIL was done yesterday. Since I received the BIL, on GCKey my last name was changed from maiden married to maiden only. I managed to create an account on the tracker by using the maiden name only and on the tracker it is the same, my last name is only the maiden name ( I checked into the contact details and it says if it is not accurate to raise a webform).

On my passport my last name is clearly maiden followed by married and on my BIL the full last name was correct too. I am not sure what happened and how to fix this. Is raising the webform the only way ? I think I have heard that sometimes the name on the tracker does not reflect the name they have on their file but I have a hard time believing that. Is it worth trying to call IRCC ? Has anyone encountered this problem ?
It is really frustrating since it is clearly an error on their part.

Sarah1980

Apr 15, 2019
Hello all,

I have 2 questions.

How long does it take to get biometrics completed on the tracker or GCKey after they were given ? ( I am inland if that changes anything).

I am CEC AOR November 20th and got BIL on february 23rd and BIL was done yesterday. Since I received the BIL, on GCKey my last name was changed from maiden married to maiden only. I managed to create an account on the tracker by using the maiden name only and on the tracker it is the same, my last name is only the maiden name ( I checked into the contact details and it says if it is not accurate to raise a webform).

On my passport my last name is clearly maiden followed by married and on my BIL the full last name was correct too. I am not sure what happened and how to fix this. Is raising the webform the only way ? I think I have heard that sometimes the name on the tracker does not reflect the name they have on their file but I have a hard time believing that. Is it worth trying to call IRCC ? Has anyone encountered this problem ?
Update: Biometrics completed in GCKey - still in progress in the tracker

candypr

Feb 27, 2024
Thanks! That's a relief. I really got nervous by not seeing anything. Stuck at Background check since January 24th.
Good to find out that you're PNP Outland, same here. AOR: 6-Nov. Bio & Medical Complete: 20-Dec. ADR Upload 6 Jan. Eligi & Bcg still in progress. Let's share updates if any.

Reactions: ss.sharnaly

AlbertSingh

Nov 24, 2023
Hello all,

I have 2 questions.

You can try calling ircc and the agent may guide you further on this or correct it on the call itself

Sarah1980

Apr 15, 2019
You can try calling ircc and the agent may guide you further on this or correct it on the call itself
Thanks. I did call IRCC. The agent said she could not change it but she left a note for the officer referring to my last name in passport. She told me I do not need to do anything else and to wait to see the change reflected in the system. How long I will have to wait is anyone's guess.

I also tried to ask about progress on my application but was the same as in tracker. When I asked about visa office she said all CEC are processed at office in Ottawa (or maybe virtual, it ws not very clear), I was a bit surprised by that and not sure that is true but anyways that is what she said.

NimmaDreamland

Star Member
Jan 15, 2024
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
RROC
AOR Received.
28th Nov 2023
I don't one thing. My tracker just keep saying "We received you enquiry."
Same update came on 16th Feb and now today. Background check doesn't get updated to complete rest all keeps happening o_O