+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2022 - Citizenship Applications

sumitbajaj07

Nov 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

We sent this on Jan 5 and still no status update or email confirmation that certificate issued etc. it's past 3 weeks point now and hope we'll hear something by next week as it says 2-4 weeks time for issuing cit certificate.
Thanks for the update. I heard sometime they do issue e-certificates which is much faster.

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
Received new set of ATIP Notes today! (got them in just 2 weeks)

Can you believe it, application is where it was back in March 2023!!!

LPP still "Not Started" and assigned to RC8090 (CPC Sydney), but file is at Primary Office - Scarborough (confirmed on call)

It shows that I reached out to MP and all my emails and responses sent to CitOps Scarborough office. There has been no progress what so ever!!!!!

No progress on this as well, application is still at Location: E-Grant Review Ready PM01.

I complete 15 months on Monday! Not sure what else I can do?! :( :( :(

Lazarooo

Star Member
Oct 10, 2022
I will complete 15 months in 2 days and here are the last updates from my MP:

• my file currently processing at the Vancouver Citizenship Office
  • All assessments passed – waiting for final decision (Background, LPP, and Citizenship test completed) also had ID verification interview two months ago.
  • Nothing requested
  • Non-routine file – The agent was not able to say why but did say the office was following up with Partner organizations
  • Group application
  • An urgent processing request was received on November 3, 2023
Here are two things i don't understand:

1- what is the group application and how bad is that to be in a group application? becasue i applied as a single for myself only!
2-Something is holding up my file, but the agent was not able to tell my MP what it is. They did mention that they are waiting for a partner organization. Any idea what is partner organization?

Appreciate your response!

Last edited:
Reactions: adstarscream732

uy-scuti

Star Member
Apr 25, 2023
I will complete 15 months in 2 days and here are the last updates from my MP:

• my file currently processing at the Vancouver Citizenship Office
  • All assessments passed – waiting for final decision (Background, LPP, and Citizenship test completed) also had ID verification interview two months ago.
  • Nothing requested
  • Non-routine file – The agent was not able to say why but did say the office was following up with Partner organizations
  • Group application
  • An urgent processing request was received on November 3, 2023
Here are two things i don't understand:

1- what is the group application and how bad is that to be in a group application
2-Something is holding up my file, but the agent was not able to tell my MP what it is. They did mention that they are waiting for a partner organization. Any idea what is partner organization?

Appreciate your response!
Partners and service providers – Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
We work with various organizations throughout the application process to help newcomers adapt to life in Canada. Learn about our partners and service providers or get involved.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/partners-service-providers.html

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
Received new set of ATIP Notes today! (got them in just 2 weeks)

Can you believe it, application is where it was back in March 2023!!!

LPP still "Not Started" and assigned to RC8090 (CPC Sydney), but file is at Primary Office - Scarborough (confirmed on call)

It shows that I reached out to MP and all my emails and responses sent to CitOps Scarborough office. There has been no progress what so ever!!!!!

No progress on this as well, application is still at Location: E-Grant Review Ready PM01.

I complete 15 months on Monday! Not sure what else I can do?! :( :( :(
Alright, IRCC agents sent first reminder to Scarborough CitOps office notifying them that 15 months have passed.

They said that now the office has 60 days to process your application, until the second reminder.

Hopefully something soon.

Jun 16, 2021
Hey everyone,

I'm thinking of applying for citizenship, but my passport has expired. Can I still apply for citizenship? If yes, do I need to provide an explanation letter? Any example of the letter would be appreciated. Thanks.

uy-scuti

Star Member
Apr 25, 2023
Hey everyone,

I'm thinking of applying for citizenship, but my passport has expired. Can I still apply for citizenship? If yes, do I need to provide an explanation letter? Any example of the letter would be appreciated. Thanks.
I applied early December 2022 after I have completed the required number of physical presence days. When I applied my passport was expired 4 months earlier in August 2022. I did not renew my passport as I had no plans to leave Canada. I mentioned in my application I did not renew my passport as I didn't want to leave Canada. I received my AOR late December 2022. Then they emailed me requesting police clearance from Kuwait and explanation for the passport Gap from August to December. I repeated same explanation, I did not renew my passport as I had no plans to travel. Then I applied to renew my passport and the Embassy took long time to send me the new one which I sent a copy to IRCC in February or March 2023. Any way recently they requested copies of all pages for my old passport. I sent them the required copies and added provided them with copies of my new passport which is outside the 5 years period. After a week of emailing them the passport copies they updated the tracker showing the physical presence is complete. Hope this may help you.

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
Alright, IRCC agents sent first reminder to Scarborough CitOps office notifying them that 15 months have passed.

They said that now the office has 60 days to process your application, until the second reminder.

Hopefully something soon.
Well, finally some good news, after waiting for 15 long months!

Just checked the tracker aaaaaaannnnnnddddd drum roll!!!

LPP - All Green as of February 15th, 2024!

Waiting for Oath now!

Reactions: Calgary222

bergy2018

Star Member
Jan 13, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
AOR Received.
2018-03-09
Hi all ! :D

My wife landed in Canada with her Permanent Resident Certificate in May 2019.

Around the end of October 2022, she applied for her citizenship.

Her AOR letter was received on November 15th 2022.

An invitation to pass the citizenship test was received on April 6th 2023.

The test was completed on April 23rd 2023. Should have been successful.

And then there was no news for many months. We wrote a message using the web form and the reply was of no good whatsoever. Usual bla bla.

We ordered the officer's notes and find out that a technical problem arised during the examination on line and that the examination will have to be made again in person at the Montréal office. Looks like this info got stuck in a rat hole.

We then wrote a new inquiry through the web form in mid January and received just a few days later a letter giving us an appointment to pass the exam in person at the Montréal office on the February 13th 2024.

The exam was passed successfully and today we find out that the tracker was all updated green and an appointment to pass the oath is due for March 11th 2024.

Awaiting further written information.

!!! So, it took some 17 months !!!

user321

Nov 11, 2022
On Friday I got a notice to appear for an online interview on February 26. I was glad to finally have some progress on my application, after completing my test in August. It's too bad I have to have an interview, but hopefully it will go okay. Just wanted to update the group of us who are still waiting! My application was processed in Halifax.

Dreamer4

Mar 19, 2023
On Friday I got a notice to appear for an online interview on February 26. I was glad to finally have some progress on my application, after completing my test in August. It's too bad I have to have an interview, but hopefully it will go okay. Just wanted to update the group of us who are still waiting! My application was processed in Halifax.
they are just going to verify some of the information in your application. I have heard they take less than 10 minutes.

Reactions: user321