+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2022 - Citizenship Applications

Mah11

Star Member
Oct 20, 2021
Hi guys,
My online oath ceremony took 2 hours today, 126 people were participated, main part took just 35 minutes, wish you all the experience of this moment, this journey is finished for me now. thanks to all of you guys for your support.

Reactions: forw.jane

Mah11

Star Member
Oct 20, 2021
I downloaded my e-certificate right now, it's so fast. Now time to say thanks everyone and good luck.

sumitbajaj07

Nov 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

Quick question - Finally after 1 year, I got a reply for my son application. They're saying to cut the PR card and send back the photo in same email. Email came.from IRCC.ClientInformation-InformationsClient.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

-is this a valid email.address because for my applicationI got emails.from Mississauga office but thjs is different. So making sure it's not a scam.

- Can someone confirm who applied for child and they got similar email for their child application ?

-- my son is usa citizen, and I'm traveling outside country in 4 weeks and if I cut and spend back the PR CARD copy Today. Will I get certificate back in 4 weeks ?

- And in worst case if I don't get his certifcate and passport ready in 4 weeks. Can he travel back to canada on the USA passport without having any
Canadian travel document ?

Can someone help and guide me in this please?

Dreamer4

Mar 19, 2023
Hi All,

Quick question - Finally after 1 year, I got a reply for my son application. They're saying to cut the PR card and send back the photo in same email. Email came.from IRCC.ClientInformation-InformationsClient.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

-is this a valid email.address because for my applicationI got emails.from Mississauga office but thjs is different. So making sure it's not a scam.

- Can someone confirm who applied for child and they got similar email for their child application ?

-- my son is usa citizen, and I'm traveling outside country in 4 weeks and if I cut and spend back the PR CARD copy Today. Will I get certificate back in 4 weeks ?

- And in worst case if I don't get his certifcate and passport ready in 4 weeks. Can he travel back to canada on the USA passport without having any

a couple of questions, did you apply for citizenship with your son? how old is your son? have you already taken your citizenship oath?

sumitbajaj07

Nov 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
a couple of questions, did you apply for citizenship with your son? how old is your son? have you already taken your citizenship oath?
I'm already citizen. This apication I applied for my son only.

Do you have any details.for any of my questions?

Dreamer4

Mar 19, 2023
I'm already citizen. This apication I applied for my son only.

Do you have any details.for any of my questions?
sorry i dont have details.
I was just thinking that if your son is younger then he wouldn't have to take the oath (which is when someone would normally cut their PR card).
did you respond back to the link and ask for clarity?

sukhtoor

Feb 22, 2018
Hi All,

Hi,

I have received similar email for my son's application. I replied back with cut PR card but haven't received any update since then. No status update either.

sumitbajaj07

Nov 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I have received similar email for my son's application. I replied back with cut PR card but haven't received any update since then. No status update either.
ohh ok. How long it's been you sent back the email ? for me already 4 days.

sumitbajaj07

Nov 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sorry i dont have details.
I was just thinking that if your son is younger then he wouldn't have to take the oath (which is when someone would normally cut their PR card).
did you respond back to the link and ask for clarity?
yeah I did 4 days back.

sukhtoor

Feb 22, 2018
ohh ok. How long it's been you sent back the email ? for me already 4 days.
Hi,

We sent this on Jan 5 and still no status update or email confirmation that certificate issued etc. it's past 3 weeks point now and hope we'll hear something by next week as it says 2-4 weeks time for issuing cit certificate.

Reactions: sumitbajaj07

ashrafteleb

Dec 29, 2022
Hi,

As we soon will pass the 15 month (current app processing time), what is the right actions to do to expedite our application that is collecting dust all these months?

Thanks

Reactions: Lazarooo

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
Hi,

As we soon will pass the 15 month (current app processing time), what is the right actions to do to expedite our application that is collecting dust all these months?

Thanks
Call IRCC and let them know 15 months are completed. They can tell the office to act on the application as you have reached the threshold of the processing time.
Reach out to your local MP and let them know that your application is over 15 month period and is due for completion.