+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2022 - Citizenship Applications

selpri12

Sep 28, 2014
I finally received an update on my family application. My oath is scheduled for Feb 5 as per the online tracker. (No email yet)
I applied it together with my son, and my son's status didn't move at all since the time I applied. The only status that shows for him is 'Application filed' and nothing else.
Is it common for Minor's application (my son is 10 years) wont be updated or will be updated all at once before the oath? I am yet receive the formal email invite for oath and hope I will receive it for my son too.

Please confirm if anyone else has experienced similar situation for the minor and let me know what happened to you. Hope the oath ceremony is for both of us

Reactions: rushi.gada

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I finally received an update on my family application. My oath is scheduled for Feb 5 as per the online tracker. (No email yet)
I applied it together with my son, and my son's status didn't move at all since the time I applied. The only status that shows for him is 'Application filed' and nothing else.
Is it common for Minor's application (my son is 10 years) wont be updated or will be updated all at once before the oath? I am yet receive the formal email invite for oath and hope I will receive it for my son too.

Please confirm if anyone else has experienced similar situation for the minor and let me know what happened to you. Hope the oath ceremony is for both of us
Is the `Application filed` status showing on https://tracker-suivi.apps.cic.gc.ca/ ?

Mah11

Star Member
Oct 20, 2021
I wish this final moment for all of you and thank you all for your support and help in this journey.
This is my time line

AOR Dec14th,2022

SS started February 2nd, 2023

Test completed March 17th, 2023

BG completed Dec 11th, 2023

LPP Completed Dec 20th, 2023

Oath Scheduled for January 18th today on January 4th, 2024

selpri12

Sep 28, 2014
Updated status

Type: Online application/Paper application : Paper
Physical Presence Days: 1710
Application: Single/Family(number of family members) : Family (1 adult 1 minor)
Application sent: Nov 02, 2022
Delivered: Nov 7, 2022
AOR: Jan 04, 2022
In Progress : Jan 06, 2022
Finger Print Requested in email : Mar 3
Finger Print Given : Mar 3
Citizenship Test Request: May 12
Test completed: May 18
Test status updated: Jun 16
LPP completed: Nov 23
Oath status (In Progress) - Scheduled Feb 5 as per tracker
Oath letter not received yet
No update on Minors application status (Tracker shows 'Application filed - In Progress)

pateldpk1

Nov 7, 2020
Hello Friends, I need your help.

I am planning to submit my citizenship file (applying Online). I have few questions:-

1) Under physical presence section: I got PGWork permit 4 months before study permit expiry. which expiry date I should put (in section Date of Expiry Status) for study permit. the once in study permit they mentioned or the day before I got my PGWP?

2) what documents to upload under Optional Document Section? is it good idea to
upload all pages of old and new passport?

3) for some months I was staying in different address vs address in driving license. which address to put? the one in driving license or the kne I was actually staying in those period?

4) I have total 1120 days. should I apply or add more buffer before applying? does it impact the process?

MZ1971

Jul 31, 2020
Hello all,
I saw most of the application files for Nov 2022 have some progress
For me, Ottawa office (2 adults, 4 minors)
The application was received on November 25, 2022.
AOR Jan 25, 2023
Test taken March 16

Ghost update on Oct 27 (like all I think!!)
Since then no update
Is this normal??
Thanks

selpri12

Sep 28, 2014
Hello all,
AOR Jan 25, 2023
Test taken March 16

Since then no update
Is this normal??
Thanks
Yes its not unusual. I was in the same boat last month. If not tried, request for ATIP records to make sure there is nothing unusual.

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
Hello all,
AOR Jan 25, 2023
Test taken March 16

Since then no update
Is this normal??
Thanks
In the same boat as you, just order ATIP notes to make sure your application is just not being processed as it should!