+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2022 - Citizenship Applications

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022

Zicomatic

Star Member
Nov 22, 2022
Yes, PDF in the email will have the code.
I was able to create the IRCC profile with same email I gave them - When I try to Download the certificate I get the following message “ You have not opted to receive an electronic Citizenship Certificate”

I guess it’s normal since I still did not get the email that my certificate is ready for download

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
I was able to create the IRCC profile with same email I gave them - When I try to Download the certificate I get the following message “ You have not opted to receive an electronic Citizenship Certificate”

I guess it’s normal since I still did not get the email that my certificate is ready for download
It's normal. You'll have to wait until the clerk closes your file to be able to download your e-cert. Takes about 2-5 business days. Keep trying every half hour during business hours...

Note: If you try too many times, it will lock you out for 24h

Reactions: Zicomatic

harmeet147

Star Member
Dec 10, 2018
You can send an email to the Oath email address for your processing office.
So I sent an email to the Scarborough office. I got a reply saying it's not been 19 months since I applied, so I should wait and that I will get an email a week before my ceremony date. They also said please don't email on this address and call the contact center for future enquires. The tone of the email seemed a bit rough overall, maybe too many of us emailing them :)

• Sad
Reactions: sarvesh90

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
So I sent an email to the Scarborough office. I got a reply saying it's not been 19 months since I applied, so I should wait and that I will get an email a week before my ceremony date. They also said please don't email on this address and call the contact center for future enquires. The tone of the email seemed a bit rough overall, maybe too many of us emailing them :)
They processing 2023 application in 2-3 months and asking everyone else to wait for 19 months. Seems unfair.

R.gmr

Mar 1, 2020
Hi everyone,

I am residing in Ottawa, but invited to an in-person oath ceremony in Mississauga! Does anyone have a similar situation? has anyone requested a change to the mode or location of the oath ceremony?
Thanks

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Hi everyone,

I am residing in Ottawa, but invited to an in-person oath ceremony in Mississauga! Does anyone have a similar situation? has anyone requested a change to the mode or location of the oath ceremony?
Thanks
If you request a re-schedule, remember that it may take them a long lime to give you a new date (some times up to 6 months). It may be sooner if you are lucky. It is very unusual that you have been asked to come in for an in-person event that is far away. If you are unable to travel, contact IRCC to re-schedule and let them know you live in Ottawa. Your other option is to attend it as scheduled in Mississauga

I do know one person on this forum moved from Ontario to BC and was asked to attend an in-person event in SCR even though they changed their address. They decided it's not worth the hassle and delay of a reschedule and flew in to attend the in-person ceremony. However, I do not have a link to this anecdotal experience

SalCanada

Jul 22, 2017
Oath completed on 26th July 2023. Here are my application details.
Type: Online application
Niagara Falls IRCC office
Application: Single
Application sent: Nov 22, 2022
Delivered: Nov 23, 2022
AOR: Dec 6, 2022
Background check complete: Feb 2, 2023
Citizenship test invite: Feb 2/3rd 2023
Test taken on: Feb 10, 2023
Test completed on tracker: Feb 13, 2023
GU: March 2, 2023
Oath email: July 20, 2023
LPP completed: July 20, 2023
Oath Scheduled: 26th July 2023
Oath completed: 26th July 2023
E-certificate received: 31st July 2023

I wish everyone all the best with your application processing. It has been a rollercoaster journey but at the end everything completed. Thank you all for your support and cooperation throughout this journey.
Thank you

Reactions: fpalazzo

steffyc

Apr 23, 2017
Oath completed on 26th July 2023. Here are my application details.
Type: Online application
Niagara Falls IRCC office
Application: Single
Application sent: Nov 22, 2022
Delivered: Nov 23, 2022
AOR: Dec 6, 2022
Background check complete: Feb 2, 2023
Citizenship test invite: Feb 2/3rd 2023
Test taken on: Feb 10, 2023
Test completed on tracker: Feb 13, 2023
GU: March 2, 2023
Oath email: July 20, 2023
LPP completed: July 20, 2023
Oath Scheduled: 26th July 2023
Oath completed: 26th July 2023
E-certificate received: 31st July 2023

I wish everyone all the best with your application processing. It has been a rollercoaster journey but at the end everything completed. Thank you all for your support and cooperation throughout this journey.
Thank you
Congratulations on becoming a citizen.
I was also in attendance at the virtual ceremony on July 26th (NGF office) and opted for e-certificate. I have send oath form on the same day but I am yet to receive the email to download the certificate. Could you please share the your steps taken after the oath? Did you receive any acknowledgment for sending the oath form?

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Congratulations on becoming a citizen.
I was also in attendance at the virtual ceremony on July 26th (NGF office) and opted for e-certificate. I have send oath form on the same day but I am yet to receive the email to download the certificate. Could you please share the your steps taken after the oath? Did you receive any acknowledgment for sending the oath form?
Get an invite code here:
https://ircc.canada.ca/visit-visiter/en/get-account-ircc-portal

Register and download after you get the invite code

Edit: Make sure you use the same email ID that you provided IRCC for your Citizenship application when you register

rockstarcg90

Star Member
Dec 6, 2022

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Can we register and download the certificate after a day or two of attending the ceremony even before we receive the email? Or we should try only after receiving the email?
No need to wait for their email instructions to register and try... Just don't try more than once every half hour during business hours of your oath office or you'll be locked out for 24h