+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2022 - Citizenship Applications

rbkg

Nov 20, 2018
**UPDATE – July 06, 2023**

We became Canadian Citizens today.

Few things I would like to share with the forum.

• Oath ceremony was online – Zoom.
  • My 8-year-old didn’t attend the online oath as he was minor.
  • We logged in at 7.40 am. Actual time was 7.45 am. Total time: 1 hr. 45 mins.
  • Requested e-certificate rather than paper mailing. The concerned official is aware of it, and she said she is going to send me link to download citizenship certificate for all three family members after sending signed oath forms.
  • Emailed signed oath forms as a combined pdf to email mentioned in oath document.
Next steps: I will apply passport early next week after receiving e-certificate.

I will post timeline of passport application after we receive Canadian passports.

My timelines are posted in November 2022 applicants spreadsheet.

Thank you all!

Dreamer4

Mar 19, 2023
My Oath was yesterday :)
I'd like to thank everyone, especially the maker of this forum and spreadsheet. I checked the spreadsheet daily to see things progressing and it helped a lot to see similar timelines as me.

Thank you

John black

Star Member
May 14, 2018

• Requested e-certificate rather than paper mailing. The concerned official is aware of it, and she said she is going to send me link to download citizenship certificate for all three family members after sending signed oath forms.
  • Emailed signed oath forms as a combined pdf to email mentioned in oath document.
Next steps: I will apply passport early next week after receiving e-certificate.

I will post timeline of passport application after we receive Canadian passports.

Thank you all!
Congratulations

wanderlustdev

Mar 15, 2019
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
12-10-2018
Med's Request
09-11-2018
Hi there, I recently got my Oath ceremony scheduled on July 17th but I also have an international flight on the same day. I was wondering, for those who requested the e-certificate:

- How long did the ceremony take?
- Did you submit the signed oath form immediately after the ceremony?
- How long did it take for you to get the e-certificate link to download after submitting the signed oath form?
- Anyone do an urgent passport application for same or next day delivery?

My Timeline:
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1,103
Application: Individual
Vancouver office
Winnipeg office for ceremony

Application submitted: November 06, 2022
AOR: November 23, 2022

BG completed: January 26, 2023
Test window: February 13, 2023 to March 06, 2023
Test instructions email: February 09, 2023
Test taken: February 16, 2023
Test completed: March 07, 2023
Language Skills: June 30, 2023
Physical Presence: June 30, 2023
Prohibitions: June 30, 2023
LPP Updated on tracker: July 04, 2023
Citizenship ceremony on tracker: Not started
Oath invitation email: July 06, 2023
Oath ceremony(virtual): July 17, 2023

(I did have to send an email on July 05 to the email I received my test invitation from to let them know I would be traveling on July 17 and would like to schedule my oath ceremony before I leave, attached my flight information. I received the oath invitation the next day (today) with the ceremony scheduled same day as my flight. Flight leaves at 2PM, oath scheduled at 8AM.)

Last edited:

wanderlustdev

Mar 15, 2019
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
12-10-2018
Med's Request
09-11-2018
Thanks for sharing. How long did it take to receive the e-certificate link after you submitted the oath document?

Thank you all!

rbkg

Nov 20, 2018
Thanks for sharing. How long did it take to receive the e-certificate link after you submitted the oath document?
I still haven't received any email to download e-certificate. We sent signed oath forms 15 mins after completing oath ceremony.

rbkg

Nov 20, 2018
Hi there, I recently got my Oath ceremony scheduled on July 17th but I also have an international flight on the same day. I was wondering, for those who requested the e-certificate:

- How long did the ceremony take?
- Did you submit the signed oath form immediately after the ceremony?
- How long did it take for you to get the e-certificate link to download after submitting the signed oath form?
- Anyone do an urgent passport application for same or next day delivery?

My Timeline:
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1,103
Application: Individual
Vancouver office
Winnipeg office for ceremony

Application submitted: November 06, 2022
AOR: November 23, 2022

BG completed: January 26, 2023
Test window: February 13, 2023 to March 06, 2023
Test instructions email: February 09, 2023
Test taken: February 16, 2023
Test completed: March 07, 2023
Language Skills: June 30, 2023
Physical Presence: June 30, 2023
Prohibitions: June 30, 2023
LPP Updated on tracker: July 04, 2023
Citizenship ceremony on tracker: Not started
Oath invitation email: July 06, 2023
Oath ceremony: July 17, 2023

(I did have to send an email on July 05 to the email I received my test invitation from to let them know I would be traveling on July 17 and would like to schedule my oath ceremony before I leave, attached my flight information. I received the oath invitation the next day (today) with the ceremony scheduled same day as my flight. Flight leaves at 2PM, oath scheduled at 8AM.)
Please see my answers below:

- How long did the ceremony take? For us it took about 1 hr. 45 minutes. It was an easy process but have to have in waiting room for about 20 minutes before IRCC confirms identification and cut PR card into 4 pieces. After this, wait another 20-25 mins for oath ceremony.
- Did you submit the signed oath form immediately after the ceremony? YES. We sent ours 15 mins after completing ceremony. IRCC official asked us to email combined signed oath forms from one email address which I sent after oath was done.
- How long did it take for you to get the e-certificate link to download after submitting the signed oath form? Still waiting. There were about 80 candidates today who took online oath. This was mentioned by Judge assistant.
- Anyone do an urgent passport application for same or next day delivery? - Not sure. You can do it but I will leave the experts to comment.

Wishing you the best.

wanderlustdev

Mar 15, 2019
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
12-10-2018
Med's Request
09-11-2018
Thanks so much for the detailed response. Can you kindly please share when you receive your e-certificate? I'm trying to figure out what date I'll need to move my flight to. Thanks!

Please see my answers below:

- How long did the ceremony take? For us it took about 1 hr. 45 minutes. It was an easy process but have to have in waiting room for about 20 minutes before IRCC confirms identification and cut PR card into 4 pieces. After this, wait another 20-25 mins for oath ceremony.
- Did you submit the signed oath form immediately after the ceremony? YES. We sent ours 15 mins after completing ceremony. IRCC official asked us to email combined signed oath forms from one email address which I sent after oath was done.
- How long did it take for you to get the e-certificate link to download after submitting the signed oath form? Still waiting. There were about 80 candidates today who took online oath. This was mentioned by Judge assistant.
- Anyone do an urgent passport application for same or next day delivery? - Not sure. You can do it but I will leave the experts to comment.

Wishing you the best.

nv2012

Jul 24, 2018
Hello Everyone!

Is anyone still waiting for lpp to get completed? My application is still stuck on test complete from April! Also congratulations to all those who have done their oath!! ☺☺☺