NA
Passport Req..
12-03-2001
VISA ISSUED...
25-01-2000
LANDED..........
06-04-2010
Hi,
I am getting concerned as it has been really quiet 3 months, since I have seen any updates on my tracker. Any one else in Toronto who has not seen any movement on their application. Or anyone else with similar date line as mine, but has seen any movements ? Will appreciate the information, I am getting anxious as my PR card is expiring in a couple of months from now.

Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1106 days
Application: Single
Application sent: November 02, 2022
Delivered: Nov 18, 2022
AOR: Nov 18, 2022
Test Invite: March 05, 2023 (Tracker)
Background verification complete: Jan 22, 2023
Test Invite email: March 08, 2023
Test Window: March 08 - March 28, 2023
Test Date: March 09, 2023
Test Complete: Mar 13, 2023
Tracker Last Update - March 16, 2023

Language: Waiting
Prohibitions: Waiting
Physical Presence:Waiting
Oath Letter Date:Waiting
Oath Ceremony:Waiting
Language: Complete June 16, 2023
Prohibitions: Complete June 16, 2023
Physical Presence: Complete June 16, 2023
Oath Ceremony: July 13, 2023
Status - Decision Made

Last edited:
Reactions: Don H

MW1PK

Jul 5, 2018
Hi all,

I submitted our online citizenship application back in November 2022. It's been radio silence since Feb 2023 and a lot of folks who applied after me have received their citizenship certificate already. I submitted an online request for information through the AITP portal three weeks ago and haven't heard from there either. Is there anything else I can do to find out the status of my application? Below are my timelines:

Couple application
Application filed: Nov 24, 2022
Background verification completed: Jan 25, 2023
Citizenship test invitation: Jan 25, 2023
Citizenship test completed: Feb 21, 2023.
No updates since then.

Thanks in advance for your inputs!

John black

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Paste the email ID from which you received the Interview request and one of us will help you figure out which office sent it to you. Only a select few (lucky ones) who get in-person interview requests from SCR get selected for the Oath after interview Pilot.

Also, when is your interview?
It's SCR .So I guess it's Scarborough office.

Dreamer4

Mar 19, 2023
Thanks for your response. Is your Your citizenship application status: In progress or Decision made? Now the next step would be the decision made confirmation and then we'll get oath letter date?
it was 'in progress'. Decision made is from ECAS which is for paper applications.
today my oath was scheduled for July 5

SalCanada

Jul 22, 2017
Hi all,

I submitted our online citizenship application back in November 2022. It's been radio silence since Feb 2023 and a lot of folks who applied after me have received their citizenship certificate already. I submitted an online request for information through the AITP portal three weeks ago and haven't heard from there either. Is there anything else I can do to find out the status of my application? Below are my timelines:

Couple application
Application filed: Nov 24, 2022
Background verification completed: Jan 25, 2023
Citizenship test invitation: Jan 25, 2023
Citizenship test completed: Feb 21, 2023.
No updates since then.

Thanks in advance for your inputs!
My application is also with the similar timelines. Radio silence from Feb 13th. one ghost update on 2nd March.
One thing is that every application is different, IRCC officers can spend a very long time on some applications. I/we have applied in November 2022 and seeing applications of March 2023 being completed hurts a bit.
There must be a criteria in which IRCC is processing some applications quickly and some very slow.
There are some applicants from 2021 still waiting for the completion of their applications.
Our job is wait and hope that one day our applications will be completed.

Last edited:

ak06652

Jan 21, 2018
Hi All,

Need an urgent guidance. I had lived in Candad for 5 years before I applying my online online application in early Nov 2022. My dad was visiting me from India on supervisa.
But due to his health complications I had to come back to India in Feb 2023. I was hoping once he gets better we could move back but seems he it would take more time to be fit enough to travel. Likely 3-4 months.
Since It is just me and my dad I couldn't leave him alone and return to Canada. I had to let go of my rented apartment as well in Toronto.
Today i got update on my Physical , prohibitions and language skills as completed.

I need help to understand what should i do if i am called for oath ceremony? If it is online i can probably take form India however if I get the citizenship letter hard cop[y mailed to rented apartment in Toronto it would not reach me anymore.

I understand we have to cut the PR card as well during Oath ceremony so I wont be able to travel back to Canada without citizenship letter.

I am already stressed due to family situation and now this citizenship situation is making it more complicated.

Any guidance will be sincerely appreciated. Please suggest what can be done in this situation?

Thanks

Reactions: SAKARUN

John black

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Hi All,

Need an urgent guidance. I had lived in Candad for 5 years before I applying my online online application in early Nov 2022. My dad was visiting me from India on supervisa.
But due to his health complications I had to come back to India in Feb 2023. I was hoping once he gets better we could move back but seems he it would take more time to be fit enough to travel. Likely 3-4 months.
Since It is just me and my dad I couldn't leave him alone and return to Canada. I had to let go of my rented apartment as well in Toronto.
Today i got update on my Physical , prohibitions and language skills as completed.

I need help to understand what should i do if i am called for oath ceremony? If it is online i can probably take form India however if I get the citizenship letter hard cop[y mailed to rented apartment in Toronto it would not reach me anymore.

I understand we have to cut the PR card as well during Oath ceremony so I wont be able to travel back to Canada without citizenship letter.

I am already stressed due to family situation and now this citizenship situation is making it more complicated.

Any guidance will be sincerely appreciated. Please suggest what can be done in this situation?

Thanks
According to my understanding,you should email IRCC and let em know about your situation and ask em to take oath at later dates. I believe you might have to wait a bit. You might not be able to take an oath in India ,since they would definitely ask you to cut your PR card and you can't travel thereafter until you get your passport . I would email em and explain. They even mention that in the correspondence they forward you. That if you can't take or attend oath ceremony now than provide them with your explanation. Hope this helps ,that's my understanding about the matter.And even if you do get that hard copy of citizenship letter,you can't travel on it. It's not a travel document I guess.Hope your dad feels better soon.

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
I would wait till you receive your oath invitation, which should come by email. You should reply to that with detailed information on why you had to travel outside of Canada and the fact that your father is ill and you are unable to leave him unattended. You can request that IRCC allow you to take the oath at the embassy in Delhi (or some other post) based on your extenuating circumstances. I, personally, do not know of instances where such a request has been granted, though it makes sense that IRCC can be petitioned on compassionate grounds. It's definitely worth a try and I would keep all of the information ready to email as soon as you have formal communication from IRCC about your oath.

It is possible that IRCC will allow an oath overseas (in which case you will receive a certificate mailed to the embassy in Delhi with some delay and you may also be able to apply for your first passport while abroad), or IRCC may deny your request and suggest you contact them when you know you will be back on Canadian soil to take your oath.
Hi All,

Thanks

ashrafteleb

Dec 29, 2022
My application is also with the similar timelines. Radio silence from Feb 13th. one ghost update on 2nd March.
One thing is that every application is different, IRCC officers can spend a very long time on some applications. I/we have applied in November 2022 and seeing applications of March 2023 being completed hurts a bit.
There must be a criteria in which IRCC is processing some applications quickly and some very slow.
There are some applicants from 2021 still waiting for the completion of their applications.
Our job is wait and hope that one day our applications will be completed.
I'm in a worst case with no updates after background completed (only for me). I think this is because I sent a webform to correct a minor mistake in my application

May 8, 2023
Tough situation. As a work around. Have you got any friends whose address you can provide? If so,

1. Come to Canada during Oath.
2. Right before Oath an agent will ask you to confirm delivery address. You have option to change address (I doubt if there is any question for address change within Canada)
3. Do tell them you have to leave shortly so they mail your certificate as soon as possible. 4. Once certificate is done, apply for ÇA passport under urgent category. (You can get within 2 days-1week)
My guesstimate the whole ordeal shouldn’t take 2-3 weeks tops.

Do consider this option before postponing Oath. As IRCC is a black hole and you never know when they might reschedule.

SAKARUN

Star Member
Jan 31, 2015
Hi All,

Thanks
Hi, sorry to hear about your situation.

You are NOT ALLOWED to take to the Oath from outside of Canada. So, your only option is to postpone the ceremony. These days rescheduling is not a big deal, so you SHOULD NOT WORRY. Take care of your father.

To reschedule, you need to wait for the citizenship ceremony invitation EMAIL and then, use the email contact provided in the invitation letter to inform about your situation to IRCC and also, let them know when you are expecting to return, you may want to attach your Air Ticket that you used to travel to India as a proof that you have travelled to India. Then, they will guide you to reschedule the ceremony.

I hope this helps.

Reactions: fpalazzo

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Hi All,

Thanks
As others have stated, you need to be on Canadian soil to take your oath. Your option is to travel back, give a friend or relatives address at the time of oath check-in to mail your citizenship certificate. Wait for your certificate to arrive and apply for a passport urgently. Once you are done taking oath, you are no longer an Indian Citizen because of automatic loss of citizenship in the Indian Citizenship Act 1955. You will have lost your entitlement to use your Indian passport from the time you take your oath

Also, make sure you DO NOT travel back to India on an Canadian passport and e-visa. You will not be able to apply for OCI from within India. Make sure you plan so that you are able to surrender your Indian Passport and apply for an entry Visa at a BLS centre in Canada before you leave for India. With an entry visa, you will be able to extend your stay in India with Indefinite Leave to Remain once you apply to register as an Overseas Citizen of India

If you are unable to complete all the step above, write to CIC once you get the oath invite and request to postpone your oath... and give them a concrete plan with Itinerary of when you will be back and available for oath or they are going to shelve your application forever

Good luck!

Last edited:

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
I didn't realize that an oath in India (which is unlikely to happen anyway) would result in an immediate loss of Indian citizenship and render this person without official status in India.
As others have stated, oath you need to be on Canadian soil to take your oath. Your option is to travel back, give a friend or relatives address at the time of oath check-in to mail your citizenship certificate. Wait for your certificate to arrive and apply for a passport urgently. Once you are done taking oath, you are no longer an Indian Citizen because of automatic loss of citizenship in the Indian Citizenship Act 1955. You will have lost your entitlement to use your Indian passport from the time you take your oath

Also, make sure you DO NOT travel back to India on an Canadian passport and e-visa. You will not be able to apply for OCI from within India. Make sure you plan so that you are able to surrender your Indian Passport and apply for an entry Visa at a BLS centre in Canada befoer you leave for India. With an entry visa, you will be able to extend your stay in India with Indefinite Leave to Remain once you apply to register as an Overseas Citizen of India

If you are unable to complete all the step above, write to CIC once you get the oath invite and request to postpone your oath... and give them a concrete plan with Itinerary of when you will be back and available for oath or they are going to shelve your application forever

Good luck!