+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2022 - Citizenship Applications

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019
I could finally download my certificate today. When I checked the certificate, I noticed that the Effective date of citizenship is today, June 15th!
The date when I downloaded the certificate for the first time. My oath was on June 6, and I sent the oath form right after the ceremony. My application was complete on June 7.
Is that an error on the certificate?

What date should be in the certificate?
It's whatever it says it is on the certificate.

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019
Not true.
I reached out to the e-certificate team, and they changed the date to the oath date. I am actually pretty surprised how fast they acted (they even called me to let me know that the updated e-cert can be downloaded now).
That's great, I'm glad it's fixed. How did you get the contact info of the e-certificate team?

Reactions: Eve2019

Dreamer4

Mar 19, 2023
Please update the spreadsheet, this showed up on my tracker today.

Language Skills: In Progress (Not Required)
Physical Presence: Jun 14, 2023
Prohibitions: Jun 14, 2023

senior43

Jun 16, 2023
My mother who is above 65 years of age, her status changed to completed for BG verification, Prohibitions and Physical presence but Demostrate language skills is still In progress, even though she is exempted. He ecas status is still In progress. Any senior here who has similar situation.

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
My mother who is above 65 years of age, her status changed to completed for BG verification, Prohibitions and Physical presence but Demostrate language skills is still In progress, even though she is exempted. He ecas status is still In progress. Any senior here who has similar situation.
This is normal... See status for test and language exempt individuals here in this post's signature:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/november-2022-citizenship-applications.780754/post-10510302

Dreamer4

Mar 19, 2023
yes, I am over 55 and my status just updated today. see my signature.

senior43

Jun 16, 2023
yes, I am over 55 and my status just updated today. see my signature.
Thanks for your response. Is your Your citizenship application status: In progress or Decision made? Now the next step would be the decision made confirmation and then we'll get oath letter date?

Dr. Walden

Apr 27, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Hey guys,
I received this update on my tracker. I am wondering if anyone else got the same message?

Happy Friday, guys ;)

HAHAH, looks like my image been taken down. Ow well :)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: shiremag