+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2022 - Citizenship Applications

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Question i have is, how do we all attend oath ceremony from single device? i know, someone suggested that we can do by joining time, providing each of our seat number separated by comma. does that work? Anyone have previous experience doing that? Any other suggestion?
Yes that's how family attend the ceremony together.

Reactions: kbi911

nniyyyg

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
does online application have same speed as paper? March 20th finished test, no update (online application)

SAKARUN

Star Member
Jan 31, 2015
Hi, its been 14 days since I had my online citizenship ceremony, however, I am still waiting to receive the certificate. The application status has changed to completed on June 7. How many days more should I wait to receive the certificate?

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Ah thanks. So do you think is it the oath right after that interview?
Paste the email ID from which you received the Interview request and one of us will help you figure out which office sent it to you. Only a select few (lucky ones) who get in-person interview requests from SCR get selected for the Oath after interview Pilot.

Also, when is your interview?

Eve2019

Sep 8, 2020
Hi, its been 14 days since I had my online citizenship ceremony, however, I am still waiting to receive the certificate. The application status has changed to completed on June 7. How many days more should I wait to receive the certificate?
Are you waiting for electronic or paper certificate?

Reactions: SAKARUN

oduvan4ik

Star Member
Mar 28, 2018
The same situation for me. The application was closed on June 8. No certificate yet.
But I'm not in a hurry. I want to get a passport with a new design :)

Reactions: SAKARUN

SAKARUN

Star Member
Jan 31, 2015
The same situation for me. The application was closed on June 8. No certificate yet.
But I'm not in a hurry. I want to get a passport with a new design :)
That is a good point for keep waiting, I may do the same. Do you know when they will start issuing the new passport

Ezop

Feb 27, 2023
Can you please update my timeline here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_KE3Bu3C3gOyEm0mRVcJH9nEA2u2GOhfpUZOckOWmN0/edit?usp=sharing
I had an extra step which was not in the doc btw, I took the test but I also got an interview:
ID: Ezop
App. Type: Online
Physical Presence Days: 1095
App. Sent: Nov 20
App. Delivered: Nov 20
AOR: Dec 5
Background Complete: Feb 7
Test Invite letter/ecas date: Feb 20
Test Interview date: Feb 20
Test Complete: Mar 2
Interview letter date: Mar 31
Interview Date: Jun 13

Language: Jun 15
Prohibitions: Jun 15
Physical Presence: Jun 15

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Can you please update my timeline here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_KE3Bu3C3gOyEm0mRVcJH9nEA2u2GOhfpUZOckOWmN0/edit?usp=sharing
I had an extra step which was not in the doc btw, I took the test but I also got an interview:
ID: Ezop
App. Type: Online
Physical Presence Days: 1095
App. Sent: Nov 20
App. Delivered: Nov 20
AOR: Dec 5
Background Complete: Feb 7
Test Invite letter/ecas date: Feb 20
Test Interview date: Feb 20
Test Complete: Mar 2
Interview letter date: Mar 31
Interview Date: Jun 13

Language: Jun 15
Prohibitions: Jun 15
Physical Presence: Jun 15
Which office conducted your interview?

Eve2019

Sep 8, 2020
I could finally download my certificate today. When I checked the certificate, I noticed that the Effective date of citizenship is today, June 15th!
The date when I downloaded the certificate for the first time. My oath was on June 6, and I sent the oath form right after the ceremony. My application was complete on June 7.
Is that an error on the certificate?

What date should be in the certificate?