+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2022 - Citizenship Applications

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
True, it's such a no-brainer. But the fact that so many applicants are requested to submit passport scans is evidence that the CBSA either does not have complete travel records or does not make ample effort to access data available in the public domain (e.g., I94) or through its treaties!
Agree. However, we can rely on Canada/U.S. Information Sharing Treaty (fingers crossed they won't be too lazy to cross-check and double-check). In my opinion, that's why the delays.

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
True, it's such a no-brainer. But the fact that so many applicants are requested to submit passport scans is evidence that the CBSA either does not have complete travel records or does not make ample effort to access data available in the public domain (e.g., I94) or through its treaties!
In my case I attached my i94 records and passport scans with my original application... It didn't seem to help. They asked for passport scans again :-/

• Wow
Reactions: derkdsou

Eve2019

Sep 8, 2020
Just finished the ceremony!
I asked the officer during check in if we can get an electronic certificate instead of paper one and she told me sure, no problem. Already received an email with instructions on how to download the certificate. Just thought I share here since many people here don't want to wait for mail.
Status changed to "Closed" on June 7th (tracker was updated on June 9th). Still not able to download certificate :(

Portal shows this message:
There were issues submitting your form.
  • Your e-Certificate is not available. Please try again 2-5 business days after you provided your signed Oath of Citizenship.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Status changed to "Closed" on June 7th (tracker was updated on June 9th). Still not able to download certificate :(

Portal shows this message:
There were issues submitting your form.
  • Your e-Certificate is not available. Please try again 2-5 business days after you provided your signed Oath of Citizenship.
Does the email for e-certificate have any email address provided to contact for issues faced?

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
I reviewed it. It does not look like a mistake at all. Anyway, I let it go and will not think about it anymore. IRCC sucks :(
They sent this email today ( 8 months after the application and getting AOR and passing BG) . I already applied again on June 11th.
Hello Mr. .....,

This email is in response to an inquiry received regarding your family’s application. Your family’s file has been in CPC Sydney since you have submitted it.

Your family file was delayed as a review of physical presence was required.

Upon review of the file, it was determined that your wife’s application did not meet the required physical presence of 1095 days. When a member of a family file does not meet physical presence, the whole file is returned with an explanation letter.

Therefore, your family’s applications have been returned to your home address. Please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery via Canada Post.

The explanation letter will advise you of the circumstance.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Yours truly,

K....

Citizenship Officer / CPC Sydney

Dr. Walden

Apr 27, 2020
Vancouver, BC
In my case I attached my i94 records and passport scans with my original application... It didn't seem to help. They asked for passport scans again :-/
I don't think they request passports to confirm physical presence. Many countries no longer stamp passports (Canada is one of them). So it doesn't make much sense. Moreover, you've already done your citizenship test (A1 and A2). Confirmation of physical presence happens in Sydney between AOR and Citizenship test. Isn't it? Local offices (e.g. Vancouver or Werst, Calgary) conduct tests, documents and identity confirmation, interviews, and oaths. Or am I wrong?

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
I don't think they request passports to confirm physical presence. Many countries no longer stamp passports (Canada is one of them). So it doesn't make much sense. Moreover, you've already done your citizenship test (A1 and A2). Confirmation of physical presence happens in Sydney between AOR and Citizenship test. Isn't it? Local offices (e.g. Vancouver or Werst, Calgary) conduct tests, documents and identity confirmation, interviews, and oaths. Or am I wrong?
I guess the thorough scrutiny of Physical Presence (residency), Prohibitions, and Language happens when the GCMS status is e-Grant Review Ready... LPP turn to complete (or DM on ECAS) happens after this GCMS state. CPC-S is only does preliminary document check/review and hands off the file to a Local CIC office. Sometimes, CPC-S processes all the way through and hands it off to the local office just for Oath

Last edited:

Dr. Walden

Apr 27, 2020
Vancouver, BC
I guess the thorough scrutiny of Physical Presence (residency), Prohibitions, and Language happens when the GCMS status is e-Grant Review Ready... This happens right before you see LPP turn to complete (or DM on ECAS). CPC-S is only does preliminary document check/review and hands off the file to a Local CIC office. Sometimes, CPC-S processes all the way through and hands it off to the local office just for Oath
My GCMS notes say

However, no changes to LPP. Am I missing something?

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
My GCMS notes say

However, no changes to LPP. Am I missing something?
I am sorry... Let me correct myself. LPP happens after "E-grant Review Ready"... Once LPP is complete, it turns to "E-grant Ceremony Ready"
Your application is now in queue for an officer to review it... Same as mine

Here's a list of GCMS states:

After AOR: e-Grants Inventory
When file is in transit to Local IRCC office: In Transit
Once local IRCC office receives file: Registry
When scheduled for test: E-Grant Test Ready
After test was marked completed: E-Grant Grant Review Ready
After Physical presence, Language, Prohibitions market completed: E-Grant Ceremony Ready

If any clearance is pending after test: E-Grant clearance pending