+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2022 - Citizenship Applications

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
"You may reply/provide additional documents within 30 days from the date of this notice via return email. "

Does this mean to reply back with additional documents via same email (e-mail which requested the documents) ?
Correct! I replied to the same e-mail and changed the subject as instructed

Reactions: dugg1402

kbi911

Feb 25, 2019
Same issue. I heard that the tracker will be back on once the citizenship ceremony is completed.
Hi All, for those tracker is not loading - please refer this thread (its bit tricky to do this if you are not an advanced IT user), it is a bug in their system. it is because of long message on top that breaks their code. however if you do debug in browser in developer mode, you can see actual status message. one note though, you need to open browser, then open developer tools and then open tracker site. after you login check the status in Network > user section in preview sub section as explained here - July 2022 Citizenship Applications | Canada Immigration Forum (canadavisa.com)

it will show something like this - if you read section - it shows all activities status. this happened to me right after citizenship exam given on May 20 and May 21 for my spouse, we all have same loading issue but i am able to track it using above suggested thread method with example like bellow.

{"applicationNumber":"C00xxxxxx","uci":"xxxxxxxxx","lastUpdatedTime":xxxxxxxxxxxxxx,"status":"inProgress","actions":[{"isNew":false,"src":"eventcor","eventCode":"1-PQQO5R7","activity":"citizenshipTest","loadTime":1683870519000,"title":{"en":"Take the citizenship test ","fr":"Vous devez passer l’examen pour la citoyenneté\r\n"}},{"isNew":false,"src":"event","activity":"citizenshipTest","loadTime":1683870519000,"title":{"en":"Take the citizenship test ","fr":"Vous devez passer l’examen pour la citoyenneté\r\n"},"content":{"en":"You have been scheduled to take the citizenship test online. Read the invitation you will receive carefully.\r\n<ul><li>You need to take your <a target=\"_blank\" class=\"link\" href=\"https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-test/online.html\">online citizenship test</a> between May 15, 2023 and\r\nJune 4, 2023.</li>\r\n<li>Contact the office that sent the invitation if you\r\n <ul><li>can’t or don’t want to do the test online</li>\r\n <li>need to reschedule</li>\r\n <li>have any questions</li></ul></li></ul>\r\n","fr":"Il est prévu que vous passiez l’examen pour la citoyenneté en ligne. Lisez attentivement l’invitation que vous recevrez.\r\n<ul><li>Vous devez passer l’<a target=\"_blank\" class=\"link\" href=\"https://www.canada.ca/fr/immigration-refugies-citoyennete/services/citoyennete-canadienne/devenir-citoyen-canadien/passer-examen-citoyennete/enligne.html\">examen pour la citoyenneté en ligne</a> entre 15 mai 2023 et 4 juin 2023.</li>\r\n* Communiquez avec le bureau qui vous a invité à passer l’examen si vous :\r\n <ul><li>ne pouvez pas ou ne voulez pas passer l’examen en ligne;</li>\r\n <li>devez fixer une autre date;</li>\r\n <li>avez des questions.</li></ul></li></ul>\r\n"}}],"activities":[{"activity":"language","order":1,"status":"inProgress"},{"activity":"backgroundVerification","order":2,"status":"completed"},{"activity":"residency","order":3,"status":"inProgress"},{"activity":"prohibitions","order":4,"status":"inProgress"},{"activity":"citizenshipTest","order":5,"status":"inProgress"},{"activity":"citizenshipOath","order":6,"status":"notStarted"}],"history":[{"time":xxxxxxxxxxxxx,"isNew":false,"isWaiting":false,"type":"fileCreated","activity":"","loadTime":1683967440694,"title":{"en":"Application filed","fr":"Demande déposée"},"text":{"en":"We have received your application and have begun to process your application. Information about next steps and required action items will be coming soon.","fr":"Nous avons reçu votre candidature et avons commencé à traiter votre candidature. Des informations sur les prochaines étapes et les actions requises seront bientôt disponibles."}},{"time":1681422623000,"type":"activity","activity":"backgroundVerification","loadTime":1683967440694,"status":"completed","title":{"en":"Activity status updated: Background verification","fr":"État d’activité mis à jour: Vérification des antécédents\r\n"},"text":{"en":"Background verification status has been updated to Completed.","fr":"L’état Vérification des antécédents a été changé pour Terminé."}},{"time":1683646004000,"isNew":false,"isWaiting":false,"type":"activity","activity":"citizenshipTest","loadTime":1683967440694,"title":{"en":"Activity status updated: Citizenship test","fr":"État d’activité mis à jour: Examen pour la citoyenneté\r\n"},"text":{"en":"Citizenship test status has been updated to In progress.","fr":"L’état Examen pour la citoyenneté a été changé pour En cours."}},{"time":1683646077000,"isNew":false,"isWaiting":false,"code":"10205711","keyCode":"1-PQR3RP8","eventCode":1685937540000,"type":"outbound","loadTime":1683870519000,"activity":"citizenshipTest","title":{"en":"Scheduled for citizenship test\r\n","fr":"Date fixée de l’examen pour la citoyenneté\r\n"},"text":{"en":"You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between May 15, 2023 and June 4, 2023.\r\nInformation and instructions will be sent to you.\r\n","fr":"Il est prévu que vous passiez l’examen pour la citoyenneté en ligne entre 15 mai 2023 et 4 juin 2023.\r\nL’information et les instructions vous seront envoyées.\r\n"}}]}

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
The Letter does not indicate what should be subject for the email. could you share your suggestion ?
In my letter it had specific instructions to change the subject to <last name> - <application number> and include last name, first name, dob, uci, and application number in the body of the email. It also had instructions to name the file <last name>-<application number>.pdf

Reactions: dugg1402

dugg1402

Dec 28, 2017
In my letter it had specific instructions to change the subject to <last name> - <application number> and include last name, first name, dob, uci, and application number in the body of the email. It also had instructions to name the file <last name>-<application number>.pdf
Thank you.

Gal1144

Jan 5, 2023
I logged in to e-cas today the status says Decision Made but in the online tracker it still say In Process, should I wait for few days until it gets updated? Appreciate your response. Thank you

Paper Application
Delivered Nov 10, 2022
AOR: Jan 3, 2023
BG complete: Mar 1, 2023
Test Invite: Mar 23, 2023
Test completed applicant 1: Apr 6, 2023
Test completed applicant 2: Apr 11, 2023

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
I was on call with 1888-xxx-2100 number. This above message is a system update. Also when I asked for my application update - the person did not even check my document status but she said - your application is still within 21 months timeline. What you see on the portal/website is the same status. we dont have anything new. If your application is beyond 21 months then we can talk.
I find Niagara Falls office is very slow
Yup. We kind of figured it was a systemwide update to stop unnecessary calls. (Not saying yours was)

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
My wife and I applied to the Citizenship on the same day, but separate applications. Until LPP completion, all updates occurred for both of us on the same day. On May 13, I received the invitation for Citizenship ceremony, but there is no update update for my wife. Is this normal? Any thoughts?
Thanks
Separate applications. Individual processing.

Family application. Individual processing.

Every application is treated, processed, and decided on individually, regardless if you’re married, common law, applied individually with same address.

Last edited:

CanSal23

May 8, 2023
Separate applications. Individual processing.

Family application. Individual processing.

Every application is treated, processed, and decided on individually, regardless if you’re merrier, common law, applied individually with same address.
I like this statement: " regardless if you’re merrier, common law, applied individually with same address". yyzstudent, liked your wording..nice

Reactions: yyzstudent

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I logged in to e-cas today the status says Decision Made but in the online tracker it still say In Process, should I wait for few days until it gets updated? Appreciate your response. Thank you

Paper Application
Delivered Nov 10, 2022
AOR: Jan 3, 2023
BG complete: Mar 1, 2023
Test Invite: Mar 23, 2023
Test completed applicant 1: Apr 6, 2023
Test completed applicant 2: Apr 11, 2023
Yes it will take 2-3 days

Reactions: Gal1144

Dupes

Jun 22, 2016
Hi All,
My LPP status changed to COMPLETED on May 11, but the Application Status is still in "In Progress". All Details except Ceremony is in COMPLETED status. Is this normal. Normally how many days will take to change the application to Decision Made status?

kbi911

Feb 25, 2019
Quick question, can we see the status of an online citizenship application on both ECAS and Tracker?
Short answer yes. long answer - yes, but both will have different way of showing information. the ECAS will only show you actions and what is done - what exact action, you will only see in tracker (example in ECAS if FP request sent, it will read we have sent you on xxx date correspondence, please review and do required action or something like that. - whereas the same will have clear message on tracker stating that you need FP and we have sent email or you will recieve etc.)

Reactions: SAKARUN