+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2022 - Citizenship Applications

InnocentWhiz

Jan 30, 2023
Hi Guys...I submitted my FP to the RCMP authorized FP agency on 31st March 2023 (I got the request from IRCC on 29th Mar) . I got an email from the Agency confirming that they have sent it to RCMP on the very same day. How long should I wait before contacting the RCMP? Based on this thread, I am guessing anywhere between 4-6 weeks is normal. Should I wait till end of April?

Also what I understand is that the 30 day timeline is for the applicant to submit FP to RCMP and not for them to reach IRCC. Is this correct?

ashrafteleb

Dec 29, 2022
Hi Guys...I submitted my FP to the RCMP authorized FP agency on 31st March 2023 (I got the request from IRCC on 29th Mar) . I got an email from the Agency confirming that they have sent it to RCMP on the very same day. How long should I wait before contacting the RCMP? Based on this thread, I am guessing anywhere between 4-6 weeks is normal. Should I wait till end of April?

Also what I understand is that the 30 day timeline is for the applicant to submit FP to RCMP and not for them to reach IRCC. Is this correct?
Yes, the FP agency told me to wait for 1.5 month. My request had a 90 days timeline. In the end it was marked complete much sooner (I think 3-4 weeks)

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022

What is your timeline for the spread sheet (link in signature)?

aamool

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019
One thing though i found out during the letter that came for fingerprint of my wife is that, our application is being processed at IRCC Vancouver.

Also i have additional question here, Since this is sent as family application, if my wife's bg is pending, the test invite for citizenship for me and my daughter (where bg shows completed) will not come until her bg is completed status, right?
I think the fingerprints may be sent to an office other than the one processing your application. In my wife's case her application is being processed by Mississauga (based on the her test invitation email), but her fingerprints were to be sent to Vancouver.

Reactions: kbi911

dugg1402

Dec 28, 2017

Update IRCC via Webform and attach the receipt that you have submitted the fingerprints. For me that worked and i got update next day.

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Got update on strike day... only myself, my spouse has no changed:
LLP Complete: A1: Apr 20 2023 A2 in progress
Tracker is behind GCMS by 48-72h... Carefully look at the date in the Application history section. It should say Apr 18 as the date for LPP... So the agent actually worked on your file on Tuesday and it showed up today

Alfredshi53

Aug 9, 2019
Tracker is behind GCMS by 48-72h... Carefully look at the date in the Application history section. It should say Apr 18 as the date for LPP... So the agent actually worked on your file on Tuesday and it showed up today
You're right, the update is actually on Apr 18.
BTW, my spouse is still stuck on background verification, and LPP are also in progress, is it normal? I assume LPP verification is separated from background while my spouse's LPP has no update like mine.

pranavchauhan

Mar 7, 2015
Ordinarily weeks to 6 months... With the strike ongoing, it's difficult to say.

What is your full time line?
Thank you for your reply. Here below is my full time line -

Type: Paper application
Application sent: Nov 28 2022
Delivered: Nov 30 2022
AOR: Jan 30 2023
ECAS in process: Mar 03 2023
Background Complete: Mar 20 2023
Test Invite: Mar 30, 2023
Test Window: April 11 - May 01 2023
Test Submitted: April 13, 2023
Test Complete: April 18, 2023