Physical Presence Days: 1107
Application: Family (2 Adults)
Application sent: Nov 6
AOR: Nov 22

I got two ghost updates but nothing changed everything is still in progress
GHU1: FEB 7-23
GHI2: FEB 8 -23

Background Check Completed for 1 Adult: FEB 10-23

Are the application treated separately even if they are sent as a group ? - I am wondering when I will get my background check completed also ?

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Type: Online
Physical Presence Days: 1107
Application: Family (2 Adults)
Application sent: Nov 6
AOR: Nov 22

I got two ghost updates but nothing changed everything is still in progress
GHU1: FEB 7-23
GHI2: FEB 8 -23

Background Check Completed for 1 Adult: FEB 10-23

Are the application treated separately even if they are sent as a group ? - I am wondering when I will get my background check completed also ?
Yes, each applicant in a group application is treated differently. It might be because either your Security component or Criminality component is not complete yet. If required, they may send you a FP request... They might also send both of you a test window even if your BG is not complete
If you want to get specifics about your case, call IRCC they'll be able to tell you what exactly is pending in your BG check

Reactions: Zicomatic

Zicomatic

Star Member
Nov 22, 2022
Yes, each applicant in a group application is treated differently. It might be because either your Security component or Criminality component is not complete yet. If required, they may send you a FP request... They might also send both of you a test window even if your BG is not complete
If you want to get specifics about your case, call IRCC they'll be able to tell you what exactly is pending in your BG check

Yeah - I just called them they confirmed I would be needing Finger Prints - They will Send me a Request in the upcoming day - Is it normal thing to get FP ? would it delay my application ?

Reactions: shiremag

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Yeah - I just called them they confirmed I would be needing Finger Prints - They will Send me a Request in the upcoming day - Is it normal thing to get FP ? would it delay my application ?
If you have a fairly common name or if they are unable to clear your criminal record check with just your name, date of birth, and place of birth you are more likely to get a FP request. In some cases, you get FP request for programme integrity reasons...
I don't think it should delay your application by much. However, when a FP is requested your application is considered non routine. You can see FP timelines of other people in the spreadsheet

Last edited:

Abniz

Dec 20, 2022
Hi guys, I got 2 GU . 1th of Feb and 2nd of Feb. When I checked the tracker nothing got updated. Today I called the call center and the agent said that my security check was passed but criminality check is still in progress. All the other things didnt start. My AOR was 12th of December. Is the background check include security and criminality check ?

Thanks
Hi I am at similar situation. I got ghost update on January 31st and an actual update on Feb 2nd - Background Check to completed. And another Ghost update on Feb 2nd but nothing after that.

Reactions: Faduma.f

Alex30

Star Member
Dec 20, 2019
UPD
Language - in progress
Phisycal presence- in progress
Prohibitions - in progress
5 Jan -IRCC received the documents you sent -police crtificate
Background verification - COMPLETED!

Last edited:

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
UPD
Language - in progress
Phisycal presence- in progress
Prohibitions - in progress
5 Jan -IRCC received the documents you sent -police crtificate
Background verification - COMPLETED!
What date was BG Completed from your timeline history on the tracker?

SriCan22

Dec 6, 2022
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1495
Application: Single
Application sent: Nov 26, 2022
Delivered: Nov 26, 2022

AOR: Dec 14, 2022

Citizenship application status:

In Progress : Dec 16, 2022
Background verification status has been updated to Completed : Feb 7, 2023

Reactions: SAKARUN

noelt1991

Sep 7, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Other
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1495
Application: Single
Application sent: Nov 26, 2022
Delivered: Nov 26, 2022

AOR: Dec 14, 2022

Citizenship application status:

In Progress : Dec 16, 2022
Background verification status has been updated to Completed : Feb 7, 2023
We nearly have the same timeline. But haven't seen any update yet. The only notification I got is a ghost update on 11th February 2023. Hopefully something comes soon.

IceD.

Star Member
Mar 17, 2018
Congrats! Did you get an update on the tracker as well or just the e-mail?
I got update in the tracker on Feb 6th for the Citizenship test - In progress, then Email received for the test invite on Feb 9, then another update on Feb 13 - Scheduled for Citizenship test Feb 13 to Mar 6