+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2022 - Citizenship Applications

OmarSarfraz

Jul 25, 2014
Hi Everyone. I have the AOR for my application and IRCC asked for a letter of explanation for my police certificate, which i submitted in the end of January and never heard back from them. How do I ensure they received the letter of explanation? As they do not pick up the phone. My application tracker just says "we are waiting on you" to provide additional documents.

• Sad
Reactions: Jalalcananda

Alex30

Star Member
Dec 20, 2019
Hi Everyone. I have the AOR for my application and IRCC asked for a letter of explanation for my police certificate, which i submitted in the end of January and never heard back from them. How do I ensure they received the letter of explanation? As they do not pick up the phone. My application tracker just says "we are waiting on you" to provide additional documents.
I also sent a certificate from the police of another country through the Canadian embassy. After receiving the IRCC certificate in Canada, after 5-7 days, the tracker should contain information - "received"

Alex30

Star Member
Dec 20, 2019
I called the Canadian embassy in another country (where I was). And they confirmed to me that the certificate was transferred to IRCC in Canada. To the department FOR CITIZENSHIP. Then, the checker showed that the document was received.

OmarSarfraz

Jul 25, 2014
I called the Canadian embassy in another country (where I was). And they confirmed to me that the certificate was transferred to IRCC in Canada. To the department FOR CITIZENSHIP. Then, the checker showed that the document was received.
But my Application Tracker is not getting updated. It just says we are waiting from you. while i have sent them the letter of explanation 2 months back.

Alex30

Star Member
Dec 20, 2019
But my Application Tracker is not getting updated. It just says we are waiting from you. while i have sent them the letter of explanation 2 months back.
The inscription "waiting on you" - does not disappear. It remains visible even after the document is received. The checker shows all the steps of your case. You must make sure that the document was submitted exactly and accurately to the ircc-citizenship department. That your application number and uci are entered without errors.

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
I don't understand why people are so afraid to send requests via webform. For 3 years I sent requests EVERY DAY! After 3 years, I filed a petition with the Supreme Court of Canada - against IRCC. And my case was solved in 1 minute. Submit requests via webform. This is ircc's job and they must do it according to the law!
Was there any particular reason you were sending webforms every single day? While I do understand the frustration if you are not getting answers for replies, I think over-doing it will not only be wasting their time but also waste everyone else's application time and needlessly adding additional work to an already stressed back end. They have a record of the number of web-forms you are sending and the fact that it took 3 years a court legal action to solve your issues - piling on all those webforms probably did not work.

From my end, i have processed PR for a family of 3 and also citizenship for spouse and child before, I have never ever needed to use a webform. I have ensured that my applications are water tight and there was really no reason to send a web form since every single process with IRCC came on time and went as per clock work. Maybe I am lucky. But I also have given them time. When the processing time is 23 months, there is no reason for anyone to start panicking when you hit the 5 months mark. This is just my opinion and everyone has the right to disagree.

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
Some cases are complex and I guess for those, they fall under the non-routine category and hence we cannot predict timelines. For routine cases, IRCC has a process that does work and the vast majority of the people get their PR/Citizenship on time.

Im glad it worked out for you in the end.

Jose1

Star Member
Dec 11, 2022
Just an update, the background check completed.
March 17th
IP Jan 28th
When I should expect the test invite?

rockstarcg90

Star Member
Dec 6, 2022
My tracker says Citizenship test updated to In progress on March 15 and the last updated date is March 17. I also see the test window but haven't received the email with instructions. Do we know after how many days we will receive the test invite email?
Anyone know after how many days of update in tracker we will receive the test invite email?

Samfswquery

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Call Early in the morning, They do pick up the phone, I was in the same situation and they acknowledged that the document I sent is added in the file, Actually once you reply back to the email they sent you to ask for a Police Clearance Certificate, it automatically gets added to file, you just need to wait!

Reactions: eiden03

K.Rehman

Jan 7, 2023
Type: paper application
Physical Presence Days: 1106
Application: Family (2 minor kids and husband)
Application sent: November 14th
Delivered: November 17th
AOR: Jan 6th
Some Updates on file
Jan 6th in process
March 2nd Ghost update
March 14th Ghost update
March 15th Ghost update
March 17th test invitstion
Test Window 24th March to 13 April

OmarSarfraz

Jul 25, 2014
Call Early in the morning, They do pick up the phone, I was in the same situation and they acknowledged that the document I sent is added in the file, Actually once you reply back to the email they sent you to ask for a Police Clearance Certificate, it automatically gets added to file, you just need to wait!
Now my application tracker is also not getting updated. It says "March 14, 2023". Before it was getting updated everyday.

elagoli

Star Member
Sep 29, 2020
I’m anxious. People from Vancouver are getting update on test completed after max 10 days but I haven’t got yet after 16 days! Send them an email and received the typical answer that your test in the process of being reviewed by the officer.
Guys please tell me what can I do?