+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2022 - Citizenship Applications

azzokhalifa

Star Member
Dec 3, 2022
I requested an urgent processing on December 11th and it got added to my file but no movement yet. I just got off the phone with ircc and she said that my physical presence and prohibition haven’t started yet rest is completed . Does that mean my request got denied ?

mirazahmed

Oct 11, 2023
i finished my oath at Dec 13th. no update in tracker and no e-certificate yet.
can anyone share the timeline for e-certificate?
In my "E-Certificate Ceremony Information Letter" it mentions that E-Certificates are available for download in portal Up to 5 business days after the ceremony(once you submit your signed Oath or Affirmation of Citizenship form)

Reactions: Calgary222

mirazahmed

Oct 11, 2023
In our invitation to take oath, we have different seat numbers for zoom meeting for each member of the family. Do we need to open separate zoom session for each of us? We can just take the oath together as family using one seat number, right?

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
In our invitation to take oath, we have different seat numbers for zoom meeting for each member of the family. Do we need to open separate zoom session for each of us? We can just take the oath together as family using one seat number, right?
You can all take the oath together but enter all seat numbers. You don't need to open a separate one. Using one zoom link, you can enter all 3 seat numbers like 10, 11, 12

Reactions: mirazahmed

nniyyyg

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
you can open 1 zoom and put your seat numbers together. i saw people doing like this and officer is fine with it

gamzoog

Feb 1, 2021
**UPDATE – July 06, 2023**

We became Canadian Citizens today.

Few things I would like to share with the forum.

• Oath ceremony was online – Zoom.
  • My 8-year-old didn’t attend the online oath as he was minor.
  • We logged in at 7.40 am. Actual time was 7.45 am. Total time: 1 hr. 45 mins.
  • Requested e-certificate rather than paper mailing. The concerned official is aware of it, and she said she is going to send me link to download citizenship certificate for all three family members after sending signed oath forms.
  • Emailed signed oath forms as a combined pdf to email mentioned in oath document.
Next steps: I will apply passport early next week after receiving e-certificate.

I will post timeline of passport application after we receive Canadian passports.

My timelines are posted in November 2022 applicants spreadsheet.

Thank you all!
Hi @rbkg - I'm wondering if you could share on whether you need to sign on the minor (child)'s Oath Form and send it together as well? The instruction says that parents don't need to sign for the child, and don't need to send it either.

But I saw some people saying that you should email an "empty" oath form for the minor as well. Would you please share some experience? Thanks!

rbkg

Nov 20, 2018
Hi @rbkg - I'm wondering if you could share on whether you need to sign on the minor (child)'s Oath Form and send it together as well? The instruction says that parents don't need to sign for the child, and don't need to send it either.

But I saw some people saying that you should email an "empty" oath form for the minor as well. Would you please share some experience? Thanks!
Hi,

We only submitted ours (myself and spouse) signed oath forms during that time. We were able to download our e-certs the same day and minor happened the following morning.

For us on the oath day, the administrative officer asked to mention her initials in the subject line when sending an email so that she is aware of our information including minor details

Hope this helps and good luck to you.

SriCan22

Dec 6, 2022
Congrats Please share your time line, it looks too much for LPP ,
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1495
Application: Single
Application sent: Nov 26, 2022
Delivered: Nov 26, 2022

AOR: Dec 14, 2022

Citizenship application status:

In Progress: Dec 16, 2022
Background verification: Feb 7, 2023
Test Invite: Feb 16, 2023
Test Date: Feb 21, 2023
Citizenship test : Feb 23, 2023
Prohibitions: Dec 11, 2023
Physical presence: Dec 11, 2023
Language skills: Dec 11, 2023

Citizenship oath status has been updated to In progress : Dec 14, 2023

I've been scheduled to attend citizenship ceremony on Jan 15, 2024 but yet to receive ceremony invitation