+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVEMBER 2021 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Sajini John

Nov 24, 2021
May any one tell usually how long does it take for background check to be changed from in progress to completed or passed in PR application??

Thank you!

͢͢͢

Feb 9, 2022
Do we get an email for every stage? for example when the medical has passed. I am asking because my application is not being updated in any of the trackers. Sponsor's tracker shows last updated on Mar 7th where no details were updated. As a PA I cannot register. The application is not showing up on ECAS either with PA or with Sponsor details. I cannot link the application on GC Key account either. All the updates we have gotten till now is via email.

Last edited:

Sajini John

Nov 24, 2021
I linked my application to both new tracker and gckey so I got updates in it.
I have had everything done except this background. Is anyone else in the same boat please share.

Thanks.

Lira

Star Member
Jan 13, 2021
Do we get an email for every stage? for example when the medical has passed. I am asking because my application is not being updated in any of the trackers. Sponsor's tracker shows last updated on Mar 7th where no details were updated. As a PA I cannot register. The application is not showing up on ECAS either with PA or with Sponsor details. I cannot link the application on GC Key account either. All the updates we have gotten till now is via email.
Hi! You will see the note "updated xxMarch" even from the Sponsor's account. But you need to find the way to access and register to the PA tracker, as after SA, there is where it will be much more detailed the activity of your app. And, if you submited an online outl.app. you can not access ECAS.

Lira

Star Member
Jan 13, 2021
I linked my application to both new tracker and gckey so I got updates in it.
I have had everything done except this background. Is anyone else in the same boat please share.

Can I ask you, when Eligibility started after SA. and how long it took until completion? Thanks

Canada429

Star Member
Jun 1, 2021
You should be able to link the application with no issue. Just one thing at the end when it asks for number of applicants, try adding an extra person. For example, you only have an Applicant and no dependent then put 2 and if you have an Applicant and a dependent then put 3. This has worked for me.

Follow the instructions here.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-to-link-an-application-to-cic-account-step-by-step-instruction.619724/page-14#post-10001762

Last edited:

Avas_india

Star Member
Jan 18, 2020
HI All,

I have submitted my spousal application on October 2021 and till now I havent got any AOR's/email's from IRCC.
It was online.

The problem Im facing now is, Im unable to login to and check the status online from which I have submitted my spousal application, also unable to reset the password as well. Raised multiple web-forms, But nu luck.
Can someone please guide me :-(

͢͢͢

Feb 9, 2022
You should be able to link the application with no issue. Just one thing at the end when it asks for number of applicants, try adding an extra person. For example, you only have an Applicant and no dependent then put 2 and if you have an Applicant and a dependent then put 3. This has worked for me.

Follow the instructions here.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-to-link-an-application-to-cic-account-step-by-step-instruction.619724/page-14#post-10001762
Thanks for the reply. I had tried to link my application multiple times before but I was not able to. I tried it again today and finally I was able to link it.

͢͢͢

Feb 9, 2022
Hi! You will see the note "updated xxMarch" even from the Sponsor's account. But you need to find the way to access and register to the PA tracker, as after SA, there is where it will be much more detailed the activity of your app. And, if you submited an online outl.app. you can not access ECAS.
Finally today the information on the Sponsor's tracker account was updated with all the recent information like AOR and Sponsor Eligibility. After that update I tried registering the PA account and that worked. Thank you for the help.

Reactions: Lira

Maulenk

Mar 19, 2022
Hey guys. We have applied on December 10th, online Outland and still hasn’t received our AoR. Is anybody also in the same boat ? Anybody know if Nov applicants all received AoRs ?

Maulenk

Mar 19, 2022
Finally today the information on the Sponsor's tracker account was updated with all the recent information like AOR and Sponsor Eligibility. After that update I tried registering the PA account and that worked. Thank you for the help.
So you didn’t receive AoR in the email but you only saw it in the tracker? Wow. It’s been 4 months since we applied Outland online, and I couldn’t register for the tracker at all, gives me errors. Maybe the tracker has my AoR already but I don’t know ?

͢͢͢

Feb 9, 2022
So you didn’t receive AoR in the email but you only saw it in the tracker? Wow. It’s been 4 months since we applied Outland online, and I couldn’t register for the tracker at all, gives me errors. Maybe the tracker has my AoR already but I don’t know ?
Before we got the AOR I was able to register on the PR tracker with the Sponsor's details. We got the AOR, SA to the sponsor's email, but the tracker was not updated. Medical was sent to the PA's email, but I was still not able to register on the tracker with PA details.
You can see the timeline of these in my signature.
On Apr 8th there was an update to the Sponsor's tracker where the status changed from Received to In Progress and it started showing other relevant information. After that I was able to register the account with PA's details on the tracker, and also link the application on the GC Key account.
To answer your question, we got the updates via email long before the application was updated on the tracker.

NewUser-18-Feb-2021

Feb 18, 2021
Congrats !!!!
4 months and 23 days it took you! We are currently at 4 months even. So maybe 23 more days to go to receive AoR.

When you receive further steps please keep me updated! Your messages give me so much hope and clarity. Thank you !
After getting the AOR, i got bio metric and medical the next day. Medical completed and submitted. I am able to link my application through the tracker as a sponsor, and PA now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Apovine