+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2021 - Citizenship applications

WelCanada

Star Member
Feb 7, 2022
I got Finger Print request. (10 Feb 2022) - Received email and no indication on the old or new tracker except last updated date change to 11 Feb 2022 (Was 10 Feb 2022 as ghost update).
My Spouse BG completed. - No Email. Status updated in New Tracker.
No change to my son Application
Thanks for sharing. After reading your post about " In process" and " In progress," I am curious about my status. I received AOR on Feb 7 and I registered tracker on Feb 9 where I can see all statuses are "In progress" . I do not know to know the queue status of "In process" and " In progress" status. Which one is ahead? Thanks

mohoozee

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
Ghost Update on both old and new tracker (For all 3 applicants in my application)

Old Tracker - Status was "Application Received" until yesterday, Today changed to "In Process" and when I click on it it says application in process on 09 Feb 2022.
New Tracker - Status was In progress and is same even today. But Last updated date changed to 10 Feb 2022.

I think all these days my application was kept aside or in queue even though the new tracker says the status as "In Progress".
Understanding the trackers better day to day. Will keep you all posted as needed.
Well, I am not sure what you have is a ghost update but rather an actual update.

The "in process" status update on your "old tracker" is the ECAS "in process" (what you see on the spreadsheet) and accurately reflects the date your file really goes into processing but because online applicants don't have access to ECAS, their "in progress" date is generally approximated to be the ECAS "in process" eventhough it is not known as every online applicants see this "in process" status as soon as they are able to log in to the status tracker (new tracker).

So in your case, they started processing your file on Feb 09 (ECAS) and that is why you didn't see any actual update on the new tracker but a ghost update to show something was updated in ECAS. I hope that helps.

Reactions: Alhtrek

VISH@1990

Mar 3, 2021
Hello Guys,

I need your advice and guidance here.. My Application was returned due to missing document, which was "Physical Presence Calculator". I am really not sure how it happened, but unfortunately it has happened. Received the whole package with the missing document letter.

Questions:
- Can I use the same package , attach the missing document and re send it? with all the old signed dates on the application? or should I fill in new one?

- Also due to family medical emergency I am currently outside Canada. Can I re-submit the application while I am outside Canada or do I need to be physically present for re-submission?

- Within how many days do I need to respond to their Letter?

Please advice. Thank you.

------------------------
Application type: Paper
Physical Presence Days: 1109
Application: Single
Application sent: November 22, 2021
Delivered: November 26, 2021
Application Returned: February 13, 2022
------------------------

Lucky2016

Star Member
Nov 23, 2016
Well, I am not sure what you have is a ghost update but rather an actual update.

The "in process" status update on your "old tracker" is the ECAS "in process" (what you see on the spreadsheet) and accurately reflects the date your file really goes into processing but because online applicants don't have access to ECAS, their "in progress" date is generally approximated to be the ECAS "in process" eventhough it is not known as every online applicants see this "in process" status as soon as they are able to log in to the status tracker (new tracker).

So in your case, they started processing your file on Feb 09 (ECAS) and that is why you didn't see any actual update on the new tracker but a ghost update to show something was updated in ECAS. I hope that helps.
May be. I had this same doubt as well. Thanks for your insight.
Sometimes we get too exited to feel like our application are ahead :)

Lucky2016

Star Member
Nov 23, 2016
Thanks for sharing. After reading your post about " In process" and " In progress," I am curious about my status. I received AOR on Feb 7 and I registered tracker on Feb 9 where I can see all statuses are "In progress" . I do not know to know the queue status of "In process" and " In progress" status. Which one is ahead? Thanks
In progress in new tracker doesn't need to be someone is working. Its in queue or someone may be working.
Do you ahve old tracker ? What does it say ? Received or In Process ?

Reactions: WelCanada

Lucky2016

Star Member
Nov 23, 2016
Hello Guys,

I need your advice and guidance here.. My Application was returned due to missing document, which was "Physical Presence Calculator". I am really not sure how it happened, but unfortunately it has happened. Received the whole package with the missing document letter.

Questions:
- Can I use the same package , attach the missing document and re send it? with all the old signed dates on the application? or should I fill in new one?

- Also due to family medical emergency I am currently outside Canada. Can I re-submit the application while I am outside Canada or do I need to be physically present for re-submission?

- Within how many days do I need to respond to their Letter?

Please advice. Thank you.

------------------------
Application type: Paper
Physical Presence Days: 1109
Application: Single
Application sent: November 22, 2021
Delivered: November 26, 2021
Application Returned: February 13, 2022
------------------------
If you are in Canada, I suggest you to change all dates in application form (Including your eligible period) and new signature and new date. Because this will not affect your physical presense.
If you are outside Canada then don't change dates. Be cautious on your eligible period.

Its just my thoughts. No written rule or anything.
Sorry for your application. All the best.

Reactions: VISH@1990

Guptavv

Oct 15, 2017
NA
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
21-07-2017
Doc's Request.
13-10-2017
AOR Received.
06-11-2017
IELTS Request
10-07-2017
Med's Request
25-10-2017
Passport Req..
04-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2018
LANDED..........
04-06-2018
I see only my background check updated in tracker but spouse and child background check seems to still in progress, all of us have same travel history, any idea why only one of the applicants back ground check is completed ?

Littlegirl

May 30, 2017
I don't understand. I have received 2 emails since AOR date 3rd Feb. Just informs me that my application was created on the 3rd in the system and is in progress. When I check the tracker everything is the same, last updated on the 4th.

cduanra

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
I don't understand. I have received 2 emails since AOR date 3rd Feb. Just informs me that my application was created on the 3rd in the system and is in progress. When I check the tracker everything is the same, last updated on the 4th.
Same. I have received 2 emails with no change in the tracker

Reactions: Littlegirl

Guptavv

Oct 15, 2017
NA
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
21-07-2017
Doc's Request.
13-10-2017
AOR Received.
06-11-2017
IELTS Request
10-07-2017
Med's Request
25-10-2017
Passport Req..
04-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2018
LANDED..........
04-06-2018
G
I see only my background check updated in tracker but spouse and child background check seems to still in progress, all of us have same travel history, any idea why only one of the applicants back ground check is completed ?
Got the reply today, wife got fingerprint request so non routine application then I guess, any idea how much delay happens in case of Fingerprint request

Mah11

Star Member
Oct 20, 2021
Hi, my application returned due to a mistake with a physical presence, I can't believe it. is it possible they made a mistake? I did it online and enter all dates of my travel from my passport, it's a bad feeling after 3 mounts.
I have no idea about doing it again. They return my receipt too, if I resend it, am I need to pay again?

Last edited: