Med's Request
25-10-2017
Passport Req..
04-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2018
LANDED..........
04-06-2018
If the PR card is expired does it make a difference for Oath ceremony? Or does it need to valid for you to take the oath ?

elisa222

Mar 23, 2018
Hi there,
need some professional advice. My parents just got an email about the Citizenship oath ceremony which is funny enough on the day (July 5) that they are traveling ( 6 of us). Tough to change the date of the travel and all the expenses coming with it. Here is /are my question(s):

-Can they leave Canada that day without a PR card (as you know they need to cut it live on Zoom)?
-I gather all the papers and signatures, pics from them, and apply for their passports by mail, while they are away, once I get their citizenship certificates?
-Mail it to them by express courier, DHL, so they can return to Canada in November, using the new passports?
-They also have a 10-year visa on their European passports from before, in case they are asked any questions...?

Please, your advice is greatly appreciated! I need to make a decision before I contact the authorities and postpone the ceremony.

WelCanada

Star Member
Feb 7, 2022
Hi there,
need some professional advice. My parents just got an email about the Citizenship oath ceremony which is funny enough on the day (July 5) that they are traveling ( 6 of us). Tough to change the date of the travel and all the expenses coming with it. Here is /are my question(s):

-Can they leave Canada that day without a PR card (as you know they need to cut it live on Zoom)?
-I gather all the papers and signatures, pics from them, and apply for their passports by mail, while they are away, once I get their citizenship certificates?
-Mail it to them by express courier, DHL, so they can return to Canada in November, using the new passports?
-They also have a 10-year visa on their European passports from before, in case they are asked any questions...?

Please, your advice is greatly appreciated! I need to make a decision before I contact the authorities and postpone the ceremony.
-Can they leave Canada that day without a PR card (as you know they need to cut it live on Zoom)?- >Canada does not have passport control on exit. it will be fine unless the Airline staff requests a PR card.

-I gather all the papers and signatures, pics from them, and apply for their passports by mail, while they are away, once I get their citizenship certificates?---> if you want to receive by mail, I don't see any problem in this step.
-Mail it to them by express courier, DHL, so they can return to Canada in November, using the new passports?--> Make sure whether DHL accepts passports to deliver as some countries banned to post passports outside the country.

-They also have a 10-year visa on their European passports from before, in case they are asked any questions...?--> The day they take the Oath, they are Canadians. Hence, a Canadian visa is not applicable for them.

Pri1090

Star Member
Sep 24, 2018
My Language & physical presence just got completed. But the Prohibition status is still in Progress. Anybody else had a similar experience? I thought usually all these 3 get updated together. I am almost past the current processing time of 19 months. Have friends who applied after me who have now got their passports as well..and I am not even past the LPP update stage. This is so frustrating.

NAAJ

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014
Doc's Request.
29-12-2014
Med's Request
13-01-2015
Med's Done....
25-01-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-01-2015
My Language & physical presence just got completed. But the Prohibition status is still in Progress. Anybody else had a similar experience? I thought usually all these 3 get updated together. I am almost past the current processing time of 19 months. Have friends who applied after me who have now got their passports as well..and I am not even past the LPP update stage. This is so frustrating.
Welcome to the group! October 2021 applicant here with prohibitions in progress. Language and physical presence completed back in May.

I tried to look for information on what additional verifications that goes into prohibitions that wasn’t already covered under background check. No luck!

WelCanada

Star Member
Feb 7, 2022
My prohibition completed after 3 weeks of LP completion. The first step, ask your MP to intervene.

Pri1090

Star Member
Sep 24, 2018
My prohibition completed after 3 weeks of LP completion. The first step, ask your MP to intervene.
Does that even help? I keep following up with them..and all I hear back is you just asked 10 days ago. I know people who applied almost 1 year after me. They have got their passports already. Their processing time is not even 9 months..and mine is 3 times of that.
This is so frustrating. I called them today to ask what is the hold-up, and they said oh since you gave your test outside of Canada it took some time to review. My test status got updated on Mar2 and it took them more than 3 months to review? exactly what?

NAAJ

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014
Doc's Request.
29-12-2014
Med's Request
13-01-2015
Med's Done....
25-01-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-01-2015
lets try to crackdown the mystery behind delayed prohibitions. Was your file recently transferred from one office to another?

Maybe this is the reason for delay. Waiting for physical file to arrive?

Pri1090

Star Member
Sep 24, 2018
lets try to crackdown the mystery behind delayed prohibitions. Was your file recently transferred from one office to another?

Maybe this is the reason for delay. Waiting for physical file to arrive?
I have no idea about that. How do I find that out if my file was transferred? In this era of the internet do they still send physical files from one office to another?

WelCanada

Star Member
Feb 7, 2022
Does that even help? I keep following up with them..and all I hear back is you just asked 10 days ago. I know people who applied almost 1 year after me. They have got their passports already. Their processing time is not even 9 months..and mine is 3 times of that.
This is so frustrating. I called them today to ask what is the hold-up, and they said oh since you gave your test outside of Canada it took some time to review. My test status got updated on Mar2 and it took them more than 3 months to review? exactly what?
I heard somewhere in the forum that taking a test outside Canada will delay the process more as they think you are not in Canada. I knew it doesn't make any sense but it is the way they operate it. Im Nov 2021 applicant.

Guptavv

Oct 15, 2017
NA
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
21-07-2017
Doc's Request.
13-10-2017
AOR Received.
06-11-2017
IELTS Request
10-07-2017
Med's Request
25-10-2017
Passport Req..
04-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2018
LANDED..........
04-06-2018
How long did it take for your oath to be updated after LPP got completed?
I emailed the SCR office oath email after 10 days of LPP and they replied back with the oath date.