Passport Application Dec 14th
Picked up Passport Dec 28th.

Case closed.
Good luck folks.
Thank you for sharing. Congratulations

bellissima

Star Member
Jul 3, 2017
Happy New Year! Hope we all got our cases finalized in the next months.

As it turned out, many of us are stuck in the Scarborough office. I was wondering if anyone whose processing office is Scarborough has recently applied for GCMS notes?

lordoftherings

Jan 27, 2022
It has been well over 1 year since I applied and not a single thing has been completed. Very odd. I have reached out to IRCC and they gave me the old generic response. As well, I reached out to my MP and they told me that everything is normal and they're just taking their sweet time. One thing they did say in their email though was that requesting GCSM will halt any potential progress to your application because it is transferred to another office.

bd2017

Mar 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
I notice that some people have received/completed the test and have been waiting months on end, but others have not received it and are still waiting. I wonder what the difference is.

anigdikar

Apr 3, 2017

As it turned out, many of us are stuck in the Scarborough office. I was wondering if anyone whose processing office is Scarborough has recently applied for GCMS notes?
I applied for the GCMC notes on 21-Nov but haven't got them yet.

bellissima

Star Member
Jul 3, 2017
It has been well over 1 year since I applied and not a single thing has been completed. Very odd. I have reached out to IRCC and they gave me the old generic response. As well, I reached out to my MP and they told me that everything is normal and they're just taking their sweet time. One thing they did say in their email though was that requesting GCSM will halt any potential progress to your application because it is transferred to another office.
When we all applied, the processing time was 12 months, then it got updated and today it shows 24months. As over a year has passed already, hope all will be resolved in the next months.

Update:Not sure how the year is being calculated. Since submitting the application or since AOR. If it starts from the AOR date, this is indespicable. (Where is my laugh and cry icon?)

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: SszZTkmZ

bellissima

Star Member
Jul 3, 2017
I notice that some people have received/completed the test and have been waiting months on end, but others have not received it and are still waiting. I wonder what the difference is.
No logic here which is sad indeed to see Dec online applicants moving ahead with oaths and no progress for Nov applicants.

bd2017

Mar 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
I wonder if it would be useful to get some numbers on how many of us waiting and for how long and and what stage

Sherwin7

Mar 30, 2016

I did. Twice. None received. Both completed its 1 month anniversary..

anigdikar

Apr 3, 2017
Applying GCMC notes makes your application get transferred to the another office? What logic is that? Can you post the part of the email mentioning the same here? It does not look correct.
I had heard that applying GCMC notes can actually kick in some movement.

Reactions: davidfore

lordoftherings

Jan 27, 2022
Applying GCMC notes makes your application get transferred to the another office? What logic is that? Can you post the part of the email mentioning the same here? It does not look correct.
I had heard that applying GCMC notes can actually kick in some movement.
As did I. That's why I applied for my notes several times. Here is an image link of a screenshot I took from the email I received from my MP with the following information. https://ibb.co/26Q1xBK

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
As did I. That's why I applied for my notes several times. Here is an image link of a screenshot I took from the email I received from my MP with the following information. https://ibb.co/26Q1xBK
Thank you for your email. Here is the update received on Friday November 4, 2022:
- Application received November 16, 2021 by mail -At Sydney, NS office
- Requesting of ATIP notes by Client several times.
- Client provided city of birth correction - will need to verify - no processing started as yet.
There is currently no updates regarding the application for your citizenship. Please be advised that when you request ATIP or GCSM notes this stops any potential work on your file as it is transferred to another office to get your request completed.
Our next update will be in January 2023.
Warm Regards,
Kristina Mortley (she/her/elle) Office of Iqra Khalid Member of Parliament Mississauga - Erin Mills
Office | Bureau: (905) 820 8814 # 41, 3184 Ridgeway Dr
Mississauga (ON), L5L 5S7

Critical Info!!! Converted to text so that it would be searchable in the future.
@RefugeeHelp1 - Did you know about this?

Reactions: MChief117