+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2021 - Citizenship applications

americanidiot

Sep 18, 2021
I heard back from the oath office - my oath rescheduling request has been accepted and they've asked me to include the boarding pass showing return to Canada after I'm back from my last trip. Hopefully they schedule it pretty soon after I'm back. See you all in February!

WelCanada

Star Member
Feb 7, 2022
The previous government says 4 years are needed ( if I remember correctly) to apply for citizenship and processed applications in 6 months to give a passport. Hence, you get a passport within 4 years and 6 months. This government says 3 years are needed to apply for citizenship and takes more than 2 years to process the application. Hence, you may get a passport after 6 years. Wow!

americanidiot

Sep 18, 2021
The previous government says 4 years are needed ( if I remember correctly) to apply for citizenship and processed applications in 6 months to give a passport. Hence, you get a passport within 4 years and 6 months. This government says 3 years are needed to apply for citizenship and takes more than 2 years to process the application. Hence, you may get a passport after 6 years. Wow!
That makes no sense. The government doesn't say that, processing time for most things have gone wonky due to Covid. Before that, I know applications used to be processed in 4 months under the same government.

le_eddz

Star Member
May 25, 2018
Oh wow! Look at you! You zoomed through everything so fast! Big congrats!
Thank you. Just want to clarify, I thought I was gonna get my application approved in 2023 once I noticed that my test invite wasn't coming in till July while others were getting it in April and May. Even after invite, they made me wait 1 month to take the test in August, but I guess they made up for it by giving me ceremony date only 2 weeks after ceremony email. Looking at my previous experience with Montreal office during my Express Entry PR application (which was horrible), I thought this time it would be the same, but I guess I got lucky.

I only called IRCC twice during my application, once to verify my change of address, and another to see why the "Document required" is stuck in my tracker (btw it's still stuck even after ceremony), and while I had them on phone I asked them for a possible ETA, and the agents said both times that it can take up to 23 months. So I never actually called just to check my application status, cause I figured I'll be getting the same answer every time. I requested GCMS notes only once in May. I never emailed IRCC or my MP. Just thought I'd let you guys know.

Rraghu

Apr 16, 2018
Hello guys
Need a help please. I applied paper application in November 2021 but not heard anything yet. I just want to ensure IRCC has my application. Could anyone suggest please?