App. Filed.......
21-01-2018
AOR Received.
21-01-2018
Med's Done....
07-02-2018
Passport Req..
28-02-2018
Anyone with Halifax as their office? Any updates or trends you could share?

saou17

Oct 18, 2021
App. Filed.......
28-10-2021
AOR Received.
21-01-2022
I mean that I want to recieve any/all information about my citizenship application through my email from the IRCC. I won't believe such news from someone on an online forum. If IRCC has any news, they'd give it to the applicants directly. I know that other online applicants from November took their tests and finished background checks months ago. No reason for the IRCC to randomy stop processing the remaining applications.

My express entry PR application faced similar bumps on the road. I was using this forum, was part of a similar spreadsheet with other applicants who applied at the same time as me, and others still had their applications processed quicker than me. There was nothing I could do about it except wait. But I won't read about someone saying that IRCC just closed up shop and stopped processing online citizenship applications and just believe it. We paid our fees and submitted our docs, they won't simply right-click and delete our files. People will get mad and sue and it gives a bad reputation to the IRCC which they don't need. They're already known for being slow, I'll just stick to that.
I believe you misunderstood what is being said in this forum. Basically, NO ONE said that IRCC would stop processing our applications. It just said, that based on the information received through ATIP at the time, the online applicants between Sept 2021 through March 2022 are being delayed. No-one knows why. But judging by the number of people posting their grievances in the forum, there is a pattern that cannot be ignored. Those of us who had been delayed while seeing those paper apps from the same period (and even later periods )moving faster, as per the spreadsheet, were asking and theorizing whether the paper apps move faster at this point. The delay in online apps could be temporary due to the 2.4 million applications Backlog that IRCC is currently experiencing (all immigrations & citizenship applications combined) or it could be something that will take months and years to solve due to any reason (short staffing, lack of training, technical difficulties in the new system for online citizenship etc..). Hence the concern among those of us who opted for online applications.

Per the ATIP files obtained by someone in this forum, it looks like the delay among the online cohort of citizenship applications is real (nobody again knows why). From people posting here through ATIP, some online applications haven't even started processing despite the fact that it says that they are in progress (hence the questioning by the members here about the veracity of the info posted o the tracker and the seriousness of IRCC in processing our applications).

I trust the people in this forum. No-one has a stake in lying and posting bullshit in here. I guess all of us care to have an idea how the processing goes, thus share this with us so that people who have been delayed can contact and try to get an answer from IRCC. That's all the point there is. I agree again that we have no other choice but to wait. Like everyone before us. At the end of the day, everyone will get the citizenship if their application meets the requirements. However our concerns are tangible and need to be heard by IRCC. So we all hope IRCC listens to our concerns and processes our applications within a reasonable timeframe. 27 months is way too long. 2019 applicants (from the Oct 2019- to April 2020) have suffered the most as they had waited almost 3 years to get the citizenship. I hope we don't become like them, the scapegoats of circumstances that have nothing to do with us. In the case of 2019, we understand that 2 years of Covid disruptions have delayed these applicants, but in our case, it appears that we chose to apply on the wrong platform (online) that was not ready for our influx (it looks like our numbers are not even high but still we got delayed). Now it looks like online citizenship apps will become the norm at one point, and paper apps will be phased out, based again on the ATIP papers obtained and shared by someone in this forum. However till then, we don't know how long it will take us to move forward.

One thing for sure is that we have to wait. In my case, I am going about my life and not thinking too much about the citizenship application :) It'll come whenever that is the case. The only issue is renewing the PR card. I was recommended to renew it when the time comes. This entails time and cost and makes traveling outside of Canada very difficult, especially in the case of family emergency around the time when the card is not ready (God forbid: death or illness or caring for someone close). I don't want to think about these scenarios. They are just scary and upsetting, and they happened to several people who were not able to reunite with their families during time of PR delayed renewal.

I still hope that I will be able to get my citizenship by November this year if they start processing us timely. I ordered ATIP and still didn't get them. It looks like test invites are being sent to people with AORs in the Dec 17-20th dates. I hope people can update the spreadsheet as this gives us a clear idea of how things are moving. While we know that each case is different, it won't hurt to see at least a benchmark for dates (an approximation thereof). That is the whole point of this open source effort and this effort. I personally appreciate everyone's contribution in here.

Last edited:

vbadry

Jan 13, 2019
Hello,

I checked the old Ecas it says Decision made a while ago. Just checking the current tracker everything complete except oath but the whole status show IN PROGRESS. so nothing as changed there. I will let you know when something changes.
Hi
did you get any further updates?

ladylin

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
Hi
did you get any further updates?
Hello, No i have not gotten any update yet since May 27th. I dont know why they slowed down but looking at someone from August thread in calgary it took 49 days to get oath updated. So am sure before 15 of July i will get my oath info updated. They really slowed down. Am sure soon they will contact you with Oath also and for everyone waiting.

vbadry

Jan 13, 2019
Hello, No i have not gotten any update yet since May 27th. I dont know why they slowed down but looking at someone from August thread in calgary it took 49 days to get oath updated. So am sure before 15 of July i will get my oath info updated. They really slowed down. Am sure soon they will contact you with Oath also and for everyone waiting.
Thanks for the note . Keep us informed if anything changes.

Reactions: yazan142

saou17

Oct 18, 2021
App. Filed.......
28-10-2021
AOR Received.
21-01-2022

ArthurTheGreat

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
it reduced by 5000, but this is still a bit small assuming the influx of paper applicants. I hope IRCC phases out Paper applications and starts treating online applicants on First Come First Served. Without that we are really doomed into the 27 months or longer!
The inventory is the total sum of all applications, including the current application....they did more than 5000...I think they process 30,000 per month

Reactions: saou17

MapleSyrup777

Oct 21, 2021
I checked the tracker and it got updated saying citizenship test has been completed. That was fast I thought it might take more than 2 weeks. So do I have to update the tracker if decision made date if my test updated as completed?

Madeline01

Dec 18, 2017
Australia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
21-01-2018
AOR Received.
21-01-2018
Med's Done....
07-02-2018
Passport Req..
28-02-2018
Hi, Please update the tracker, thank you!

Processing Office: Halifax
Physical Presence Days: 1111
Application: Paper/ Family 2
Application sent: 23rd November 2021
Application delivered: 27th November 2021
AOR: 4th Feb 2022
Background Completed: 25th February 2022
Test Invite Sent: 10th June 2022
Test Taken Online: 17th June 2022
Test Updated to Completed: 21st June 2022

Prohibitions, Physical Presence and Language Skills in process. Oath Ceremony not started.

Thank you!

wksj

Oct 7, 2021
The IRCC has not yet received the “science” results from the Liberal government to stop using COVID-19 as an excuse. I am outside of Canada, nobody cares about masks or COVID-19 anymore.

Kuala2022

Feb 14, 2022
Hello guys,
Here are the updates from me;
Vancouver, family
App sent: 30 Nov 2021
AOR: 11 Feb 2022
Background Completed: 3 March 2022
Test Invite Sent: 16 June 2022
Test Taken Online: 17 June 2022
Test Updated to Completed: 20 June 2022

Prohibitions, Physical Presence and Language Skills in process. Oath Ceremony not started.

Thank you!

Elgar33

Jun 22, 2022
Hi all,
I've been lurking this forum for some time now. Please, feel free to add me to the tracker.
Online application, sent Nov 23. Got AOR on February 8th, and no updates since.
I spent almost 8 years in Canada, 3.5 as a student, 2 in a PGWP, 2 as PR. For personal circumstances I moved out of Canada 2 days after applying for citizenship (I actually delayed the moving process to be able to apply as I was just days shy of being eligible). My PR expires in 2024 so no rush there. My question is, I already have a Canadian son and we want to have a second kid. If I get pregnant and have a kid outside Canada before getting my citizenship, does anyone know what to do to get citizenship for that future baby? Being the dependent of a PR he/she would have to apply for PR too and I would have to notify immigration about a new dependent but can he/she be included in my online application somehow? If anyone is able to find information it would be very helpful. My husband will be applying for citizenship at the end of the summer (similar case as mine but different timeline), should I advise him to apply on paper and then add the new dependent to his application later on? If anyone can find a similar post/thread with the same question or situation please share it with me. Thank you

Last edited:

PolarBear78

Star Member
May 22, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO/CPC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-04-2017
Nomination.....
12-10-2016
AOR Received.
30-06-2017
Med's Done....
11-09-2017 (upfront)
Passport Req..
13-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-03-2018
My Application updated today. All completed except Citizenship ceremony.

Reactions: ladylin