+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2021 - Citizenship applications

mecuban1982

Aug 18, 2018
I received my GCMS notes last week... nothing has started yet. Applied online, AOR feb 2, and absolutely nothing new since. No test, no bg check, nothing. I stopped studying for the test a month ago cause I knew I’d forget everything by waiting this long for the test invite.
Primary office is Sydney, secondary is Montreal as per the notes.

When I applied for citizenship last November, I was happy, making plans for traveling in Fall 2022 using my Canadian passport, thinking that the hard part (PR) was over and this will be different... it wasn’t.
Same boat and same feeling but in Toronto, I thought that only paper applicant can request the GCMS notes, I’ll request the notes too

astrogal86

Star Member
Apr 26, 2022
I received my GCMS notes last week... nothing has started yet. Applied online, AOR feb 2, and absolutely nothing new since. No test, no bg check, nothing. I stopped studying for the test a month ago cause I knew I’d forget everything by waiting this long for the test invite.
Primary office is Sydney, secondary is Montreal as per the notes.

When I applied for citizenship last November, I was happy, making plans for traveling in Fall 2022 using my Canadian passport, thinking that the hard part (PR) was over and this will be different... it wasn’t.
Same with my GCMS notes. My online tracker, the newer one, said certain things are "in progress" when they actually aren't, which is very misleading I feel. You only realize this after you get the GCMS notes back.

le_eddz

Star Member
May 25, 2018
Same with my GCMS notes. My online tracker, the newer one, said certain things are "in progress" when they actually aren't, which is very misleading I feel. You only realize this after you get the GCMS notes back.
We're probably on the same boat. My application's been this way since AOR:

wksj

Oct 7, 2021
As an online applicant, my background and test are already done as CPC-Sydney took action relatively quickly, but unlucky me, my file is bit-rotting while Scarborough the worst is “busy” giving citizenship to paper applications from December!

shahesam84

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
So the question I have is if I belong to the Nov 2021 group or Jan 2022 group? My application was delivered on Nov 2021 but the tracker shows the application filed at Jan 2022.

Last edited:

canvisa001

Star Member
Mar 2, 2018
We're probably on the same boat. My application's been this way since AOR:

Not sure if you read. Someone got the IRCC plans and they haven't been processing any more online applications. Only the first 5000 were processed. Mine is in the same state, I requested more info and got it last week and it says nothing has even been started. I'm planning to send a paper application this week and take a chance since online is definitely not going to be processed as per plans.

le_eddz

Star Member
May 25, 2018
Not sure if you read. Someone got the IRCC plans and they haven't been processing any more online applications. Only the first 5000 were processed. Mine is in the same state, I requested more info and got it last week and it says nothing has even been started. I'm planning to send a paper application this week and take a chance since online is definitely not going to be processed as per plans.
Yeah I did read that, and it's the dumbest crap that I've read on this thread.

le_eddz

Star Member
May 25, 2018
you mean that information is incorrect?
I mean that I want to recieve any/all information about my citizenship application through my email from the IRCC. I won't believe such news from someone on an online forum. If IRCC has any news, they'd give it to the applicants directly. I know that other online applicants from November took their tests and finished background checks months ago. No reason for the IRCC to randomy stop processing the remaining applications.

My express entry PR application faced similar bumps on the road. I was using this forum, was part of a similar spreadsheet with other applicants who applied at the same time as me, and others still had their applications processed quicker than me. There was nothing I could do about it except wait. But I won't read about someone saying that IRCC just closed up shop and stopped processing online citizenship applications and just believe it. We paid our fees and submitted our docs, they won't simply right-click and delete our files. People will get mad and sue and it gives a bad reputation to the IRCC which they don't need. They're already known for being slow, I'll just stick to that.

canvisa001

Star Member
Mar 2, 2018
I mean that I want to recieve any/all information about my citizenship application through my email from the IRCC. I won't believe such news from someone on an online forum. If IRCC has any news, they'd give it to the applicants directly. I know that other online applicants from November took their tests and finished background checks months ago. No reason for the IRCC to randomy stop processing the remaining applications.
Here is the report that was referenced. Doesn't look like something made up at home.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/paper-online-atip-proof.769064/

wksj

Oct 7, 2021
Nobody is telling you anything or giving you any news. You can go read the IRCC internal document disclosed under the Access to Information Act and decide what you think it means. Just don't be under the delusion that the IRCC will be truthful directly to your face.

Also, it is spelled receive.

Reactions: le_eddz