+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2021 - Citizenship applications

lordoftherings

Jan 27, 2022
I just have a dumb question, can I (already applied online) send my paper application now?
From what I know you'd have to withdraw your current online application and even if you were to apply on paper it'd be as if you applied in June. Therefore extending your processing by a good chunk. It wouldn't make much sense applying via paper in your case since you're already 5-7 months into processing. (If I'm incorrect someone may chime in).

americanidiot

Sep 18, 2021
From what I know you'd have to withdraw your current online application and even if you were to apply on paper it'd be as if you applied in June. Therefore extending your processing by a good chunk. It wouldn't make much sense applying via paper in your case since you're already 5-7 months into processing. (If I'm incorrect someone may chime in).
This is correct. Despite all the doom and gloom, if you see the spreadsheet for September and October you see several people who applied online that are getting test invites or having their BG check completed. We're probably a couple of months away from an update. If we withdraw and re-apply you're not going to get an update till maybe October. Not sure if it's worth that

ycheng

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Thanks for replying. I actually applied in February 2022, so it is not too bad. I only came to this thread because someone in the Feb thread talked about the new discovery here...

Do you happen to know how to withdraw the online application though, and how long will it take? Also, do I have to wait until the application is completely withdrew to apply in paper again?

lordoftherings

Jan 27, 2022
Thanks for replying. I actually applied in February 2022, so it is not too bad. I only came to this thread because someone in the Feb thread talked about the new discovery here...

Do you happen to know how to withdraw the online application though, and how long will it take? Also, do I have to wait until the application is completely withdrew to apply in paper again?
Sorry, I'm afraid I don't know how to withdraw an application. I'm sure someone here does though. Best of luck!

Reactions: ycheng

Franko72

Jan 31, 2019
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
This is correct. Despite all the doom and gloom, if you see the spreadsheet for September and October you see several people who applied online that are getting test invites or having their BG check completed. We're probably a couple of months away from an update. If we withdraw and re-apply you're not going to get an update till maybe October. Not sure if it's worth that
Is not about the online or paper applications, everything depends on the home country and the processing office. IRCC is processing citizenship applications fast because after this batch the citizenship application will be free. And that is supposed to begin at the end of this year and they don't want to refund money.

Also, Express Entry draws are going to start in July... and that will put more pressure on the system, and the easiest applications are the citizenship ones.

Inn facebook there are people that applied online, and in 4 months they have already done their oath ceremony. UNREAL I know... but at least it says that something good is happening.

I know... patience is something common that WE DO NOT HAVE until we get the passport in our hands. WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.

Franko72

Jan 31, 2019
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Does anyone knows the email where you receive the ceremony invitation in Ontario, please.

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
What did you do other than making the choice to apply on paper? Nothing. I was able to expose the truth that explains why your file is almost complete. I got even more ATIP requests in progress to find the truth about CPC-Sydney, Kitchener, Scarborough and a few other offices.
Hey what insights did you draw from the SCR office?

yazan142

Star Member
Mar 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
IELTS Request
Included with application
Interview........
waived
Guys, looking at both paper and online applications these days, a large percentage of applications took around 16 months on average for DM, for online applications from what I have seen, there is a good time gap between AOR and the first update following AOR receipt, once you get that first update (which I noticed takes around 8 months on average) things start to speed up, around 8-10 months after that update most applications are concluded based on current processing speed, thats a total of 16-18 months (again on average) for the complete application to get DM, some may get lucky though and get their DM earlier

I read that letter, but I assume that most of us don’t expect our applications to be completed in 2022 anyway

Guptavv

Oct 15, 2017
NA
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
21-07-2017
Doc's Request.
13-10-2017
AOR Received.
06-11-2017
IELTS Request
10-07-2017
Med's Request
25-10-2017
Passport Req..
04-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2018
LANDED..........
04-06-2018
Any one still waiting for the test invite? Paper applicant here.. nothing moved since BCG complete 3 months ago.
Same here BG completed since Feb and no update since

saou17

Oct 18, 2021
App. Filed.......
28-10-2021
AOR Received.
21-01-2022
I received the response to my ATIP request after 61 days.

DO. NOT. APPLY. ONLINE!

Their goal was to make a decision on ONLY 5000 TOTAL online applications between October 2021 and March 2022. There is no first-in-first-out, they are COMPLETELY INTENTIONALLY delaying online applications.

Applications in inventory: 84.28% paper, 15.72% online
Decision made in the first 3 months of 2022: 95.86% paper, 4.14% online

I will share the whole thing if I get permission from the ATIP officer.
Should we sue?? this is outright discrimination. Please gather a petition based on this quota if we exceed 12 months of processing and request to have IRCC give us a response as to why they are delaying us without due course even though we are in the minority. I don't accept being used as a 'test animal' for their own online system. This means that people who will apply in 2022 and 2023 will get their citizenships while we lag behind! Damn!!! Is this fair?? Is this a way to treat law abiding PR who believed in Canada and its fairness?

Reactions: GD.Iron.80

saou17

Oct 18, 2021
App. Filed.......
28-10-2021
AOR Received.
21-01-2022
Guys, looking at both paper and online applications these days, a large percentage of applications took around 16 months on average for DM, for online applications from what I have seen, there is a good time gap between AOR and the first update following AOR receipt, once you get that first update (which I noticed takes around 8 months on average) things start to speed up, around 8-10 months after that update most applications are concluded based on current processing speed, thats a total of 16-18 months (again on average) for the complete application to get DM, some may get lucky though and get their DM earlier

I read that letter, but I assume that most of us don’t expect our applications to be completed in 2022 anyway
16 months is still a few months longer than 12 but it's better than 27 months for sure. Let's hope this is the case, because anxiety and frustration around the lack of transparency in this process is on the roof. In fact, people are feeling upset when they realize that some applicants are getting processed faster just because they are paper-based.