+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2021 - Citizenship applications

phoenix232

Apr 3, 2015
Thanks for the link. I found the numbers rather interesting and highlight just how "unrepresentative" the spreadsheet really is. Especially the part where IRCC states that they invite about 3000 people for oath per week (except they are lying about this number) when the entire applicants for the 2021 spreadsheet is even less than 2000. Kinda puts things in perspective.
do you think the entire population of canada who applied for citizenship is on that tracker :eek::D:p:p:p .. ? don't want to sound rude &/or in sarcastic way but just curious what made you think the tracker is being maintained by IRCC ?

mohoozee

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
And where in my post did I suggest any of the things you mentioned? If you are going to make a backhanded derogatory (masked in sarcasm) at least understand the point being made. I'm sure you know how quotation marks work.

Last edited:

mohoozee

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
My basic understanding of the difference is the kind of information you can access. That is, while you can access many kind of records (e.g government institutions, corporations, and individual) via the Access to Information Act, you usually access information that are personal in nature under the Privacy Act. For instance, if I want to know about the day to day workings, budget expenditures, internal memos etc. of IRCC I would have to request that under the Access to Information Act rather than the Privacy Act. In addition (and following from above), I can request the information on someone else's behalf only via the Access to Information Act. Having said that, I'm not sure if the information you get via two are exactly the same.

Reactions: GD.Iron.80

guille1612

Star Member
Aug 23, 2013
Hello All
As i stuck waiting for the test, i believe i will need to get the US Visa to travel abroad for personal matters to resolve. Flights with stops in US are way cheaper that other flights.
My question to the group is, do i need my old/original passport for anything in the test or anything afterwards? I am afraid IRCC could ask for my passport when it is still at US embassy. Does anyone know this? thanks in advance!

GD.Iron.80

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
My basic understanding of the difference is the kind of information you can access. That is, while you can access many kind of records (e.g government institutions, corporations, and individual) via the Access to Information Act, you usually access information that are personal in nature under the Privacy Act. For instance, if I want to know about the day to day workings, budget expenditures, internal memos etc. of IRCC I would have to request that under the Access to Information Act rather than the Privacy Act. In addition (and following from above), I can request the information on someone else's behalf only via the Access to Information Act. Having said that, I'm not sure if the information you get via two are exactly the same.
That's interesting. I looked it up and this is what I found. Not too sure what ti make of this, but seems like maybe the Access to Information Act would include more info? Next time I'll request via the Privacy Act and compare the notes.

This is directly from the Government GCMS website https://www.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/aiprp-atip/comprendredroit-understandingright-eng.html

Privacy Act
  • Personal information is usually requested under the Privacy Act.
  • There are no fees charged for requests made under the Privacy Act.
  • The purpose of the Privacy Act is to protect the privacy of individuals with respect to personal information about themselves where it is held by a government institution and to provide individuals with the right to access such information.

Note: Personal information which belongs to an individual who is not a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada or currently living in Canada must be requested under the Access to Information Act.

Access to Information Act
  • All government records (which include corporate documents and personal information) may be requested under the Access to Information Act
  • The application fee for request made under that Access to Information Act is $5.00.
  • The purpose of the Access to Information Act is to provide a right of access to records under the control of a government institution to Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or any individual or corporation present in Canada.

Also more info here: https://canadacouncil.ca/about/public-accountability/access-to-information-and-privacy-acts

lordoftherings

Jan 27, 2022
Every morning I wake up and curse the day I applied online , any online applicant updates after the aor ?
Lol, you should not worry, it's fine. There are still many paper applicants that haven't seen any progress such as me. I received my AOR on January 25th and zero progress so far.

Reactions: Ameeroov

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Every morning I wake up and curse the day I applied online , any online applicant updates after the aor ?
I wanna find someone to blame. Can you be that person?

Reactions: Ameeroov

Ameeroov

Star Member
May 11, 2017
Mississauga
Lol, you should not worry, it's fine. There are still many paper applicants that haven't seen any progress such as me. I received my AOR on January 25th and zero progress so far.
To be fair I know many applicant waiting since 2019, but it’s just painful like no progress at all , iust thinking that months passed and my file still on shelf ! That’s caused me a deprsssionn

Ameeroov

Star Member
May 11, 2017
Mississauga
I wanna find someone to blame. Can you be that person?
Man if that help , please go ahead ! Cause I worked as a driver and I worked all through covid , and just by Ircc agents sitting and doing nothing I regret every god dame minute I worked and risked my life , thinking the system is fair , but every day I discover a new things about this old and exhausted system

Reactions: saou17

wksj

Oct 7, 2021
I received the response to my ATIP request after 61 days.

DO. NOT. APPLY. ONLINE!

Their goal was to make a decision on ONLY 5000 TOTAL online applications between October 2021 and March 2022. There is no first-in-first-out, they are COMPLETELY INTENTIONALLY delaying online applications.

Applications in inventory: 84.28% paper, 15.72% online
Decision made in the first 3 months of 2022: 95.86% paper, 4.14% online

I will share the whole thing if I get permission from the ATIP officer.

Last edited:

nvteja

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017

DO. NOT. APPLY. ONLINE!

Their goal was to make a decision on ONLY 5000 TOTAL online applications between October 2021 and March 2022. There is no first-in-first-out, they are COMPLETELY INTENTIONALLY delaying online applications.

OMG, this is unbelievable!

• Sad

americanidiot

Sep 18, 2021
I think you should resign to the fact that it'll take 27 months. Anything before that is a bonus. I'm now living my life. My PR card expires in Jan next year but I'm renewing it now in a few days because I know I won't get my citizenship + passport + OCI (needed because I'm an Indian citizen that can't keep the indian passport).

In a sense, it might be better to see the ceremony next year. It means faster passports after this rush has died down

americanidiot

Sep 18, 2021

DO. NOT. APPLY. ONLINE!

WOW. Is it possible to withdraw and re-apply using paper? I am seriously reconsidering it so as to not wait till 2025.

Also what permission do you need for sharing the ATIP?