+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2021 - Citizenship applications

thuong

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
tried doing that but they charge 5 dollars for every report. Not worth it in my opinion as we have no way to know if this actually speeds up the process. I read some people did that but I don't know how. At this rate I am just resorted to let the application take its course. I am totally tired and overwhelmed. Let's hope it doesn't go beyond 12 months as some people said here. I order the ATIP notes, and called IRCC hotline who refused to give me any update, citing just that my file is in processing normally and that I should wait (at least 6 months before I could hear about the test) and 27 months of regular processing due to backlog! I am not gonna bother myself. This whole processing thing is like a black box and is pretty much a matter of luck. Last year when applying, I read that paper were slow to process and online was much faster, turns out completely untrue judging by what people put in the forums. There is nothing to be done at this point (I can't afford to withdraw the app and start the process on paper from scratch, too costly and overwhelming). At this rate (I am an October online applicant), it's been 8 months since I submitted, entering the 9th month of processing. Nothing in the horizon. I'll keep you posted should something come up.
There is a free one. Privacy access option, I think

Reactions: saou17 and Franko72

vbadry

Jan 13, 2019
Hello,
seeing your text i just checked my tracker As of 26 May prohibition, language, physical presence is COMPLETED. Citizen ceremony NOT STARTED. so yea everything is COMPLETED but i do not see DECISION MADE YET. Thankful for movement am sure they will soon write DM soon.
This is good to hear that you are getting the movement as you calculated about a month after the test.

Reactions: ladylin

wksj

Oct 7, 2021
Another week gone with Scarborough office asleep.

If you have any friends who will apply for citizenship in the future, tell them to write a cover letter to CPC-Sydney: “Dear citizenship officer, please do not send my file to Scarborough.”

Reactions: Shining Moon

wksj

Oct 7, 2021
tried doing that but they charge 5 dollars for every report. Not worth it in my opinion as we have no way to know if this actually speeds up the process.
Wrong. Privacy Act requests are free. Takes me 2 minutes to submit, takes them much longer than 2 minutes to retrieve the file and redact all the security information before sending it.

saou17

Oct 18, 2021
App. Filed.......
28-10-2021
AOR Received.
21-01-2022
Wrong. Privacy Act requests are free. Takes me 2 minutes to submit, takes them much longer than 2 minutes to retrieve the file and redact all the security information before sending it.
Before writing WRONG, you should ask the person (aka myself) what I applied for. I did not try the section on privacy but the one on information on my file to see the updates, and it charges 5 dollars. I have the receipt paid on the website of the government of canada!!! Can you show how to apply to the privacy one where I don't get charged??

wksj

Oct 7, 2021
Before writing WRONG, you should ask the person (aka myself) what I applied for. I did not try the section on privacy but the one on information on my file to see the updates, and it charges 5 dollars. I have the receipt paid on the website of the government of canada!!! Can you show how to apply to the privacy one where I don't get charged??
Well, it does not cost $5 to make a request under the Privacy Act, so it is wrong. When you are making the request, there is a whole page about it; the second step explains and ask you if you want to make a request under the Privacy Act or $5 ATIP. You can’t miss it because you have to choose one.

Also you don’t have to submit any documents or identification proof by the way, skip that.

Reactions: atzquebec

Boubiyette

Mar 29, 2015
Well, it does not cost $5 to make a request under the Privacy Act, so it is wrong. When you are making the request, there is a whole page about it; the second step explains and ask you if you want to make a request under the Privacy Act or $5 ATIP. You can’t miss it because you have to choose one.

Also you don’t have to submit any documents or identification proof by the way, skip that.
What’s the difference between ATIP and privacy act? Which one is better to gett all the notes

mohoozee

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
Thanks for the link. I found the numbers rather interesting and highlight just how "unrepresentative" the spreadsheet really is. Especially the part where IRCC states that they invite about 3000 people for oath per week (except they are lying about this number) when the entire applicants for the 2021 spreadsheet is even less than 2000. Kinda puts things in perspective.

wksj

Oct 7, 2021
Look at that high efficiency, 25 people in a single Oath ceremony, wow, 450000+ more to go, and it will all be over by Canada day at this rate!