Hello
Here is my case:

Citizenship Family Application
App Type: Family (4) - Paper Application
Physical Presence: 1,390 days all 4 of us
App Sent: Nov 9, 2021
App Delivered: Nov 15,2021
AOR: Jan 26, 2022
BG check: Feb 17, 2022 (Only for my wife, my adult daughter and my minor son. I am still in progress).

My question is: Is it normal that IRCC marked as completed my family just 3 weeks after AOR, but left my application in progress for 85 days until now?
Thank you!
Just received Fingerprints request yesterday April 27th, and completed the FP application today April 28th. They say it can take 2 to 4 weeks.

wksj

Oct 7, 2021
In fairness, you're not the only one stuck. If you look at the tracker, none of the online applicants from Nov 2021 have seen any movement after getting AOR. It's likely that we'll see test invites in late June
I am an online applicant, background and test completed, passport pages requested and submitted.

Last edited:

Atmarc

Feb 7, 2018
I am november applicant,
There is any news for Ottawa applicant, test invitation?
How long between Aor and test invitation?

hope319

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Just received Fingerprints request yesterday April 27th, and completed the FP application today April 28th. They say it can take 2 to 4 weeks.
did you receive email or mail? I have a fingerprints request on my tracker on same day as yours but I did not receive any email or mail?

Reactions: Franko72

ArthurTheGreat

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
Just finished the call with IRCC, agent is actually super nice, but she told me the montreal office did not start anything (BG or others)......so I guess I will just wait hahahha

Franko72

Jan 31, 2019
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
What did you mention in the note? I want to reach out but I don't want to be all "mate, look at my application first"
I just told them the situation, that we are PR's, that we already passed some of the phases (Language, background, etc) that why is so difficult and with a longer wait than a PR. That we live and work in Canada... what else they need. That the process should be less than 6 months, not 27 months.

Of course, in a really polite way. :)

ArthurTheGreat

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
I just told them the situation, that we are PR's, that we already passed some of the phases (Language, background, etc) that why is so difficult and with a longer wait than a PR. That we live and work in Canada... what else they need. That the process should be less than 6 months, not 27 months.

Of course, in a really polite way. :)
Totally useless, they only respond to strength, which is a mandamus that forces them to look at your file within 30 days. I will do it after one year after my application. Hope we don't need to get that far. But sometimes, they are just lazy as fck

Reactions: Franko72

4Raj

Star Member
Nov 10, 2021
Just called IRCC. My file is just sitting there in the backlog. NO NOTES. It didn't move an inch. after AOR. File is still at Sydney office. No process has started yet. Tracker is just misleading.

ArthurTheGreat

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
Just called IRCC. My file is just sitting there in the backlog. NO NOTES. It didn't move an inch. after AOR. The file is still at Sydney office. No process has started yet. Tracker is just misleading.
Same brother, the Tracker is designed to be misleading. The old ECAS system will let you know when they start the bg check and all that...the new tracker has the default value of "in-process" when you get AOR. The " in-process" will only change when they completed the entire thing, but won't tell you when they actually start processing the file. The IRCC is really dishonest....definitely should have applied in Paper instead, which would have enabled us to check the old ECAS system.