+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2021 - Citizenship applications

witani

May 25, 2022
Hi All,

I had my test scheduled between April 22, 2022 and May 12, 2022; I have completed the test on May 3, 2022 and it shows complete on the tracker; But everything else shows In Progress including BG, Citizenship ceremony shows Not Started. When I called CIC the lady told me they didn't even start your BG or other checks, I asked if this is possible and if it is the normal route she said yes...

Anyone in this situation or know of this? Below is my timeline Online Application:

Application Submitted: September 20, 2021
AOR: November 15, 2021
Citizenship Test Update: April 14, 2022
Citizenship Test Complete: May 3, 2022

Last edited:

Franko72

Jan 31, 2019
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi All,

I had my test scheduled between April 22, 2022 and May 12, 2022; I have completed the test on May 3, 2022 and it shows complete on the tracker; But everything else shows In Progress including BG, Citizenship ceremony shows Not Started. When I called CIC the lady told me they didn't even start your BG or other checks, I asked if this is possible and if it is the normal route she said yes...

Anyone in this situation or know of this? Below is my timeline Online Application:

Application Submitted: September 20, 2021
AOR: November 15, 2021
Citizenship Update: April 14, 2022
Citizenship Complete: May 3, 2022
Citizenship Completed on May 03, 2022? - Sorry, what is your question again?

Processing time is 27 Months for the citizenship application, a time that IRCC conveniently changed that way can tell all applicants that their process is still on time, but the truth is that the process is no longer than 12 months. 27 months because basically, they were on vacations while we all were working hard and trying to cope with COVID... and we did a great job. They didn't; that is why they have a backlog of close to 2.5M applications.

The citizenship process is:
You submit your application (Online or Paper - where Online should be way faster.... but it hasn't happened either)
You receive your AOR (nowadays, it seems that is the only process that is fast enough)
They send your application to the closest processing application centre (Depending on your address)
Once they receive the application, they may trigger the BG check and send you the test invitation.
Once the test is done, they send it to the queue for the final decision... HERE is where you should be super patient because there is NO ONE that will help you or give you any information about your case. (You can call every day to IRCC, submit thousands of Webforms, but nobody will help you or give you information.)

If they see that your file is "ON TIME" within the 27 months (That they conveniently changed for the same reason)... they will not mind and put the file in a drawer until they think it is enough time, and they will process it EVEN IF IS READY..... if more than one year, your BG will expire, and they will have to run it again.

Here is an example of the lack of responsibility of IRCC and its employees: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/immigration-permanent-residency-applicants-dm10032-1.6317882

If you are lucky enough to be close to processing centres like Kitchener, Mississauga, Calgary, and Edmonton, your file will be decided in around 8 months. All other offices have employees who are not responsible and lack customer service, and they don't really care about the life and plans of applicants.

What helped me was requestion the GCMS notes EVERY MONDAY, that way I made sure my file was not stored in a drawer for months. GCMS notes are a right you have, and nobody can take retaliation for requesting the notes. Why every week.... because they take up to 40 days to send you the notes. If you request these every week, you will check what is pending and put some pressure on that immigration officer.

How to request your GCMS notes: https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en

The press is looking for any mistakes like the one above.

Reactions: Shining Moon

witani

May 25, 2022

Processing time is 27 Months for the citizenship application, a time that IRCC conveniently changed that way can tell all applicants that their process is still on time, but the truth is that the process is no longer than 12 months. 27 months because basically, they were on vacations while we all were working hard and trying to cope with COVID... and we did a great job. They didn't; that is why they have a backlog of close to 2.5M applications.

You submit your application (Online or Paper - where Online should be way faster.... but it hasn't happened either)
You receive your AOR (nowadays, it seems that is the only process that is fast enough)
They send your application to the closest processing application centre (Depending on your address)
Once they receive the application, they may trigger the BG check and send you the test invitation.
Once the test is done, they send it to the queue for the final decision... HERE is where you should be super patient because there is NO ONE that will help you or give you any information about your case. (You can call every day to IRCC, submit thousands of Webforms, but nobody will help you or give you information.)

If they see that your file is "ON TIME" within the 27 months (That they conveniently changed for the same reason)... they will not mind and put the file in a drawer until they think it is enough time, and they will process it EVEN IF IS READY..... if more than one year, your BG will expire, and they will have to run it again.

Here is an example of the lack of responsibility of IRCC and its employees: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/immigration-permanent-residency-applicants-dm10032-1.6317882

If you are lucky enough to be close to processing centres like Kitchener, Mississauga, Calgary, and Edmonton, your file will be decided in around 8 months. All other offices have employees who are not responsible and lack customer service, and they don't really care about the life and plans of applicants.

What helped me was requestion the GCMS notes EVERY MONDAY, that way I made sure my file was not stored in a drawer for months. GCMS notes are a right you have, and nobody can take retaliation for requesting the notes. Why every week.... because they take up to 40 days to send you the notes. If you request these every week, you will check what is pending and put some pressure on that immigration officer.

How to request your GCMS notes: https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en

Thanks for the detailed response! My mistake I did a typo I meant Citizenship Test Complete. As for my question, I have completed the citizenship test and it shows complete, on the tracker, yet all other statuses show in Progress including the BG. When I called IRCC they told me that all other process did not yet start. So the question is, is it normal to receive the test invite while other processes (Language, Physical, Background, Prohibition) didn't even start?

Reactions: Franko72

americanidiot

Sep 18, 2021
Well, it is gonna say nothing happened. That's all, you can just get that information from the IRCC agent lol
Well it tells more than that. It tells you where the application sits (Sydney or the local site), whether the background check etc has been initiated. I've not been able to extract this information from the IRCC agent. If you've been able to then you should tell me which questions to ask.

ArthurTheGreat

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022

Wait a second Frank.....you order GCMS notes every week?

ArthurTheGreat

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
Well it tells more than that. It tells you where the application sits (Sydney or the local site), whether the background check etc has been initiated. I've not been able to extract this information from the IRCC agent. If you've been able to then you should tell me which questions to ask.
it's weird, I have asked same question.....all questions were answered completely, nothing started, no one got your file yet, BG not started, in xyz office.....

dany125

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
Outland-Paper
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
25-05-2017
Doc's Request.
26-06-2017
Nomination.....
30-10-2017
AOR Received.
22-02-2018
Med's Request
26-06-2018
LANDED..........
26-10-2018
Physical Presence Days: 1105
5 Year Eligibility: Nov 02, 2016 - Nov 02, 2021
Application: Family (2+3)
Application sent: November 07, 2021
Delivered (Paper): Nov 18, 2021
AOR: Jan 25, 2022
Status (in progress): Jan 31, 2022 (Got online access).
Background Comp: Feb 15, 2022 (Spouse only)
Fingerprints Req: Apr 26, 2022 (Myself only)
Fingerprints submitted (RCMP): Apr 26, 2022
Fingerprints Received: May 23, 2022
Background Completed: May 24, 2022
Scheduled for Test : May 30, 2022 - June 20, 2022

GD.Iron.80

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
For people on here that applied for GCMS Notes, how long did it take IRCC to provide the notes? I know their service standard is 30 days, but do they actually deliver on that? Or does it take longer?

Franko72

Jan 31, 2019
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Thanks for the detailed response! My mistake I did a typo I meant Citizenship Test Complete. As for my question, I have completed the citizenship test and it shows complete, on the tracker, yet all other statuses show in Progress including the BG. When I called IRCC they told me that all other process did not yet start. So the question is, is it normal to receive the test invite while other processes (Language, Physical, Background, Prohibition) didn't even start?
IRCC is a mess, now they are sending test invitations without BG check. And yes, it is normal to have the test and have Language, Physical Presence and Prohibitions done at the last step usually the same day are cleared.