November 2021 - Citizenship applications

Franko72

Jan 31, 2019
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
One friend who works on an inmigration firm told me that the process for citizenship and how fast it is, depends on the NATIONALITY and a big PLUS if the applicant has a US visa, and any kind of trusted traveller program (i,e. Global Entry, Nexus, Sentri, etc), remember that Canada and USA share TONS of systems and information.

Also, IRCC checks if the person is still working in Canada, how often travel to their home country, etc, etc, etc. . He told me that there are a LOT of people who reach the required days for the citizenship process they get back to their countries. So the priority is for the people who are working and living in Canada. And it totally makes sense. He says that there is NO difference if you applied paper or online.

According to his experience, people that has PR status just wait for their citizenship to go back home.

Franko72

Jan 31, 2019
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
What kind of questions are we getting in exam? how are you guys preparing for it? How long ago you started preparing? Please advise. Thank you.
20 Questions - Multiple Choice and possibly some True or False questions.
You need at least 15 to pass.

As suggested read the Discovery Canada booklet and do test exams. That is the only formula. The exams are never the same.

Reactions: hope319

wksj

Oct 7, 2021
They confirmed the receipt of my passport pages. This is the difference between sending an email to local office and sending a web form. Local office reads your email within hours, web form takes weeks!

ArthurTheGreat

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
One friend who works on an inmigration firm told me that the process for citizenship and how fast it is, depends on the NATIONALITY and a big PLUS if the applicant has a US visa, and any kind of trusted traveller program (i,e. Global Entry, Nexus, Sentri, etc), remember that Canada and USA share TONS of systems and information.

Also, IRCC checks if the person is still working in Canada, how often travel to their home country, etc, etc, etc. . He told me that there are a LOT of people who reach the required days for the citizenship process they get back to their countries. So the priority is for the people who are working and living in Canada. And it totally makes sense. He says that there is NO difference if you applied paper or online.

According to his experience, people that has PR status just wait for their citizenship to go back home.
well.....a. I don't go outside of Canada often, 3 trips (total of fewer than 50 days) for the 5-year period. b. I do have a 10 year US visa. C. I am currently still working in Quebec......However, I still have zero updates on my applications....I might apply for GCMS notes in July if I do not receive anything

Franko72

Jan 31, 2019
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
well.....a. I don't go outside of Canada often, 3 trips (total of fewer than 50 days) for the 5-year period. b. I do have a 10 year US visa. C. I am currently still working in Quebec......However, I still have zero updates on my applications....I might apply for GCMS notes in July if I do not receive anything
I'm sure that you will receive your invitation next week.

Reactions: ArthurTheGreat

americanidiot

Sep 18, 2021

This is conjecture. I have Nexus, a US visa, and I work here too. My application has had no movement since AOR

Franko72

Jan 31, 2019
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
This is conjecture. I have Nexus, a US visa, and I work here too. My application has had no movement since AOR
Well, that is what I got told. Immigration works in mysterious ways. LOL.

You will receive your test invitation soon.

scaper

Sep 3, 2019
I'm an online applicant and I just received the email invite for the test. Weirdly, the online tracker shows zero updates (everything still In Progress or Not Started), but I guess it takes some time to be reflected there.

Application type: Online
Physical Presence Days: 1098
Application: Single
Application sent: November 29, 2021
Delivered: November 29, 2021
AOR: February 9, 2022
Test Invite: April 20, 2022

PMV

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
I'm an online applicant and I just received the email invite for the test. Weirdly, the online tracker shows zero updates (everything still In Progress or Not Started), but I guess it takes some time to be reflected there.

Application type: Online
Physical Presence Days: 1098
Application: Single
Application sent: November 29, 2021
Delivered: November 29, 2021
AOR: February 9, 2022
Test Invite: April 20, 2022
same here. Received the test invite by email a few days ago but no update on the tracker as yet! Hope that’s normal

Reactions: Franko72

messiry

Sep 8, 2015
Hi Everyone, I am planning to apply for citizenship, was seeing the benefits of applying online vs a paper based application. Please do correct me If I am wrong regarding physical presence, for paper based applications noticed in some postings in the forum that if your application was returned, and you have to resubmit, you won't have to recalculate physical presence, only have to submit the missing documents requested by IRCC. As for online applicants, if the application is returned, the applicant has to recalculate physical presence from the date application was returned ?

Is this correct ?

Franko72

Jan 31, 2019
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
How do I check what office has my file? I sent the papers to Sydney, NS - Paper Application. Does that mean that is my office?