+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2021 - Citizenship applications

bd2017

Mar 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
I just received a response from IRCC.Minister-Ministre.IRCC@cic.gc.ca after sending the email ~Feb14.

As you know, all citizenship applicants must complete immigration, criminal and security background checks before they can become Canadian citizens. Background screening processes are non-discriminatory and universal in their application. Since background verifications are conducted in partnership with outside agencies such as the Canadian Security Intelligence Service, the Canada Border Services Agency and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, we have no control over the delays that they may incur.

Departmental records show that your application is in progress at the IRCC Centre in Vancouver, currently undergoing background checks. Please be assured that you will be advised of further processing steps as soon as the results of the outstanding background checks have been received and reviewed. If your application is successful, you will be granted Canadian citizenship and receive a citizenship certificate. More information about the various stages of processing can be found in the application guide.
Its interesting they mention that my file is at the vancouver office. I called the IRCC help line after my MPs office said it was in vancouver also but agent said it was in sydney still. No clue whats happening here..

Reactions: MTLresident

MTLresident

Star Member
Jun 1, 2022
I just received a response from IRCC.Minister-Ministre.IRCC@cic.gc.ca after sending the email ~Feb14.

Its interesting they mention that my file is at the vancouver office. I called the IRCC help line after my MPs office said it was in vancouver also but agent said it was in sydney still. No clue whats happening here..
I strongly believe the agents don’t have a clear picture of where the application is. One agent told me its with the local Montreal office, whilst the other told me it’s with Sydney. I personally believe it’s with the local office undergoing checks (and waiting on confirmations from associated agencies). The best advice I can give is to be patient, it’s possible everything goes very fast after the BG is completed. Since it’s out of our control, there’s no point worrying about it. Eventually everything will fall in place.

bd2017

Mar 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
got an update from my MP; Apparently theres a note on my file asking when i'll be receiving my test? Yet no answer on that. My criminality is passed and security is in progress.. Certainly not what my GCMS notes said. I read somewhere that security takes 9 months?

snak56

Mar 29, 2016
got an update from my MP; Apparently theres a note on my file asking when i'll be receiving my test? Yet no answer on that. My criminality is passed and security is in progress.. Certainly not what my GCMS notes said. I read somewhere that security takes 9 months?
Is it security check or security screening? The later I believe has no fixed turnaround time … in some cases it has been in-progress forever ..
I conclude that mine went to security screening as well in which case I should forget about my citizenship application for next year or so..

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Many people caught up in security screening have got an update in around 8-9 months up to a year. In exceptional cases it could take longer. Mine took 8.5 months.

Reactions: bd2017

bd2017

Mar 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
Many people caught up in security screening have got an update in around 8-9 months up to a year. In exceptional cases it could take longer. Mine took 8.5 months.
And who handles security screening? CSIS?

vevebrown

May 1, 2016
Hi everyone!
Is the citizenship tracker working for everyone? Mine shows - Last Updated Dec 16, 2022.

My wife's timeline:
Nov 12, 2021 - Application Filed
Feb 2, 2022 - AOR Received
Jul 28, 2022 - Background verification completed
Aug 12, 2022 - Scheduled for citizenship test
Aug 30, 2022 - Citizenship test completed

My timeline:
Apr 22, 2022 - Application filed
May 4, 2022 - AOR Received
Nov 15, 2022 - Fingerprints required
Nov 25, 2022 - Scheduled for citizenship test
Nov 29, 2022 - Fingerprint received
Nov 30, 2022 - Background verification completed
Dec 14, 2022 - Citizenship test completed

Nothing since. Any recommendations for us?

Thanks!
I've had nothing since test Aug 17, 2022... so pretty much the same.

vevebrown

May 1, 2016
ONLINE APPLICATION
AOR FEB 2
BG CHECK JULY 18 2022
Test invite: Feb 17, 2023
Test Taken: Feb 24, 2023
Test Updated: March 1, 2023

Lets see how long does it take for LPP
I did my test Aug 2022 and still have no updates other than test complete. Don't get too excited yet, it's still a LONG road.

bd2017

Mar 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
uhh, anyone got a ghost update today? I did. Just showed a star next to 'application filed' though.