AOR - 5 Feb 2021
Biometric req. - 16 Feb 2021
Medical request - 19 Feb 2021
Biometric given - 21 Feb 2021
Medical submitted - 23 Feb 2021
Spousal Approval Letter - 25 Feb 2021
Biometric passed - 26 Feb 2021
Medical Passed - 5 March 2021
ECAS shows we started processing your file as on 19 March 2021.
I speak to IRCC and theysaid file is transferred to Beijing VO.
Any Opinions how much time it took from here would be appreciated.
thanks you friends in advance
Hey man!
I spoke with my case officer who helped me with the application and they said if your file goes to Ottawa then you usually get the Pre-arrival letter within 3 weeks from passing the Medical exam. But if it comes to New Delhi, it usually takes 2-3 months. Not surprised :D
But if the files are going to Beijing now, then I have no clue how long it's gonna be.

ss2021

Apr 2, 2021
Hello! So I received the Sponsorship Approval Letter on 19th February and it stated that the file is being moved to New Delhi VO. Since that was the last update I could see, I called IRCC and spoke with someone. They said that the file is still in CPC Sydney - does that mean that CPC will be processing the entire application; or just that there is a delay in them sending it to New Delhi VO? I read in one of the comments someone mentioning CPC Sydney is where their file has been too, so just wanted some clarity. Thank you!!

Reactions: aronnok

aronnok

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
Hello! So I received the Sponsorship Approval Letter on 19th February and it stated that the file is being moved to New Delhi VO. Since that was the last update I could see, I called IRCC and spoke with someone. They said that the file is still in CPC Sydney - does that mean that CPC will be processing the entire application; or just that there is a delay in them sending it to New Delhi VO? I read in one of the comments someone mentioning CPC Sydney is where their file has been too, so just wanted some clarity. Thank you!!
On the same boat here. SA approval letter said it's transferring to Singapore VO, called 2 weeks back after 2 months they are saying that the file is still in the process of transferring. Don't understand why it's taking too long.
Seems like most of us have the same issue,transferred to (on notification) VO but no update.

Last edited:

BIR1311

Apr 16, 2021
Hi everyone, Is it typical that applications submitted later than November are being processed faster ? And why does it seem Country specific are being processed at a higher and quicker rate? This process is so painful.

Spousal Application received Nov 9th, 2020
CPC Sydney

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hi everyone, Is it typical that applications submitted later than November are being processed faster ? And why does it seem Country specific are being processed at a higher and quicker rate? This process is so painful.

Spousal Application received Nov 9th, 2020
CPC Sydney
Nothing is typical these days in the speed of processing apps. Some countries have higher work load, less officers, harder doing background and security checks etc., all those any probably many other factors affect processing times.

BIR1311

Apr 16, 2021
Nothing is typical these days in the speed of processing apps. Some countries have higher work load, less officers, harder doing background and security checks etc., all those any probably many other factors affect processing times.
I am sponsoring my husband from Jamaica and from what i see there are not very many applicants sponsoring for that Country? Just so frustrating to see other applications being processed so quickly. Our application still has not even been acknowledged as far as i know.

Reactions: SJohnson

aronnok

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
I am sponsoring my husband from Jamaica and from what i see there are not very many applicants sponsoring for that Country? Just so frustrating to see other applications being processed so quickly. Our application still has not even been acknowledged as far as i know.
You will get everything together like other people did applicant earlier than Nov15. Meanwhile you can all them to get a temporary number to track.

Last edited:

jkjy

Star Member
May 12, 2020
Same here. My file has supposedly moved to VO but I never got any AOR2.

soodyassh

Star Member
Jan 27, 2014
Hey man!
I spoke with my case officer who helped me with the application and they said if your file goes to Ottawa then you usually get the Pre-arrival letter within 3 weeks from passing the Medical exam. But if it comes to New Delhi, it usually takes 2-3 months. Not surprised :D
But if the files are going to Beijing now, then I have no clue how long it's gonna be.
Hello dear,

even I don’t have updates on exams or GCkey, there is no idea whenwe received any updates for PPR

Apr 12, 2021
Hello dear,

even I don’t have updates on exams or GCkey, there is no idea whenwe received any updates for PPR
Hey buddy,
So I called on this number for IRCC (+1-888-242-2100) and they informed me that my application hasn't even left Sydney, Nova Scotia yet, which as per the SA letter should have left by 16th Feb '21. No clue how long it's going to be now. So call them up and try and find your status too :)

soodyassh

Star Member
Jan 27, 2014
Hey buddy,
So I called on this number for IRCC (+1-888-242-2100) and they informed me that my application hasn't even left Sydney, Nova Scotia yet, which as per the SA letter should have left by 16th Feb '21. No clue how long it's going to be now. So call them up and try and find your status too :)
But you have mentioned in your previous messages that your file has moved to Beijing for processing??