+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVEMBER 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

UReginahopeful

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
Thank you UReginahopeful, I have also googled it earlier. Kinda odd, I didn't expect my application to be sent to OSC - Operations Support Centre. I thought it would be sent to Singapore VO since I'm from Singapore. Also based on IRCC's website, OSC doesn't seem to process PR applications...

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/operations-support-centre.html
I think it's a good thing then since they won't have any applications piled up, so they will work on your file faster. I see they are not opened to the public, otherwise, I would have gone to take a peek for you. I'm from Ottawa and live in Ottawa. May be Singapore VO already has a lot to deal with right now, so they are redistributing the applications.

Reactions: jkjy

UReginahopeful

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
Is London VO's processing time really so slow? What's usually the timeline after receiving SA?
They are the slowest! People are still waiting since May 2019 for PPR. Their process takes 15 months to 24 months, but mostly at the middle, so around 18 months. Someone from the London thread got PPR yesterday, and the person submitted in 2017.

jkjy

Star Member
May 12, 2020
They are the slowest! People are still waiting since May 2019 for PPR. Their process takes 15 months to 24 months, but mostly at the middle, so around 18 months. Someone from the London thread got PPR yesterday, and the person submitted in 2017.
Oh my goodness that is just insane. Glad that your partner's TRV got approved, at least no need to do LDR while waiting.

Reactions: UReginahopeful

jkjy

Star Member
May 12, 2020
I think it's a good thing then since they won't have any applications piled up, so they will work on your file faster. I see they are not opened to the public, otherwise, I would have gone to take a peek for you. I'm from Ottawa and live in Ottawa. May be Singapore VO already has a lot to deal with right now, so they are redistributing the applications.
That's so sweet of you! :D

Reactions: UReginahopeful

UReginahopeful

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
Oh my goodness that is just insane. Glad that your partner's TRV got approved, at least no need to do LDR while waiting.
Yes, I am glad but we will still do LDR though. He will only be visiting me when he has leave from work and go back. His profession needs a licence to practice in Canada and he needs his PR to write the licensing exams, so we are still in a long road to closing the distance. So the earlier we get the PR, the earlier we can close the distance. But I am grateful he can be visiting me until then :)

jkjy

Star Member
May 12, 2020
Yes, I am glad but we will still do LDR though. He will only be visiting me when he has leave from work and go back. His profession needs a licence to practice in Canada and he needs his PR to write the licensing exams, so we are still in a long road to closing the distance. So the earlier we get the PR, the earlier we can close the distance. But I am grateful he can be visiting me until then :)
I know the pain of LDR. I was in a LDR with my husband close to 2 years with the dreadful 15 hours time difference. It's a long road, no doubt, but so far it's been really smooth for you so keep positive and best of luck to you! :) :)

GodBlessUsAll

Star Member
Jul 22, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What's your timeline?
Submitted on Nov 16 received November 24
'AOR Jan 30
Biometric 12 Feb
Medical request Feb 18.

Are we required to pay for it at the medical centre where medical is being done ?

aronnok

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
My eCAS is showing "Decision Made" today. Didn't receive any email. Nothing shown if I click the decision made link.
Anyone have the same issue?

Indervancity

Feb 13, 2021
Submitted on Nov 16 received November 24
'AOR Jan 30
Biometric 12 Feb
Medical request Feb 18.

Are we required to pay for it at the medical centre where medical is being done ?
My file received on same date as well. Just got AOR in the beginning of Feb. waiting eagerly for medical and biometric request. Checking my emails every 15 minutes