+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>NOVEMBER 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
What’s going on with late 2020 applicants stuck in CIO? Anyone has some idea?
I haven’t heard anything for a very long time.
No idea when they will get to late 2020 applications, currently they are busy with July/August 2021 applications. Thankfully, PNP target was actually increased for this year so we have some hope.

Reactions: CarlCoco

Kb1990

Star Member
Jul 6, 2020
I reached out to my local MP back in December and they contacted IRCC for me. They told me eligibility passed, medicals extended until Oct 2022, criminality in progress, security not started. They said there was a bring forward date of Jan 31, 2022.

My MP office emailed again this morning and forwarded this:

“Following your enquiry on December 17, 2021, we received the following answer for the permanent residence application enquiry for ****

Please be advised that this file is in queue to be reviewed by an officer.”

Does anyone know what this might mean? I didn’t email my MP again. They sent this email on their own so maybe it’s in the queue for final processing? Wishful thinking

walnorez

Feb 14, 2021
That is the big news from yesterday, FSW + CEC target was reduced to 55900 and the backlog is 65000 for both.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/supplementary-immigration-levels-2022-2024.html
Thank you for sharing this. I also found https://www.cicnews.com/2022/02/immigration-canadas-backlog-stands-at-1-8-million-people-but-there-are-signs-of-improvement-0221864.html#gs.p7zsu5

“This means over the past six weeks, IRCC has been processing an average of 800 FSWP applications per week, compared with its average of just 150 per week throughout most of 2021.”

So 21% of all immigration applications are FSW - 2nd highest after PNP and turns out that CEC draws stopped in September 2021, so IRCC really started working on the backlogs. Still slow, but hopefuly it works out soon.

cemivac

Star Member
Nov 17, 2020
Just got my latest GCMS notes, largely unchanged from those I received in March 2021.
Generated: 19/01/2022
Received: 12/02/2022

Primary office: Mexico
Secondary office: CIO

Eligibility: Not started
Security: Not started
Criminality: Passed
Medical: Passed - Expired
Info sharing: In Progress

Notified them of an address change August 10, note was created with said address change on 07/09/2021 but not updated in my profile.
IME reassessment granted with a new medical certificate with a validity of 12 months issued from Ottawa HMB on 30/12/2021.

Not trying to be a downer, but I don't think this'll be the year for my PPR folks! Hang in there.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: fdelliott2

walnorez

Feb 14, 2021
Just got my latest GCMS notes, largely unchanged from those I received in March 2021.
Generated: 19/01/2022
Received: 12/02/2022

Primary office: Mexico
Secondary office: CIO

Eligibility: Not started
Security: Not started
Criminality: Passed
Medical: Passed - Expired
Info sharing: In Progress

Notified them of an address change August 10, note was created with said address change on 07/09/2021 but not updated in my profile.
IME reassessment granted with a new medical certificate with a validity of 12 months issued from Ottawa HMB on 30/12/2021.

Not trying to be a downer, but I don't think this'll be the year for my PPR folks! Hang in there.
Speed of processing FSW is 800 cases per week. There are 48K cases in backlog as per here:

https://www.cicnews.com/2022/02/immigration-canadas-backlog-stands-at-1-8-million-people-but-there-are-signs-of-improvement-0221864.html#gs.p7zsu5

So with this pace they can finish processing FSW in 1 year 3 months assuming they won’t reopen FSW draws until end of 2022 (it’s closed since Dec-2020). PNP backlog clearanceis their current main priority for Q1, so there is a chance that most of FSW-O will be processed after April and this year.

Reactions: cemivac

cemivac

Star Member
Nov 17, 2020
Speed of processing FSW is 800 cases per week. There are 48K cases in backlog as per here:

https://www.cicnews.com/2022/02/immigration-canadas-backlog-stands-at-1-8-million-people-but-there-are-signs-of-improvement-0221864.html#gs.p7zsu5

So with this pace they can finish processing FSW in 1 year 3 months assuming they won’t reopen FSW draws until end of 2022 (it’s closed since Dec-2020). PNP backlog clearanceis their current main priority for Q1, so there is a chance that most of FSW-O will be processed after April and this year.
Fingers crossed! Hope that's the case.

Samagra

Mar 29, 2021
Markham
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
05-08-2020
Med's Done....
09-12-2020
LANDED..........
30-08-2019
Anybody else here waiting for an update on their application?

I have not heard back from IRCC since 1st nov 2020,
That’s when I got my aor
Biometric and medical were done before this,
Online application page says eligibility check in progress?
What does this mean?
I am currently on a bridge open work permit in Toronto
Which is due to expire in June this year
Can I file an extension to it based on my AOR?

applied for GCMS notes, haven’t received those either.
Is there anyone here who is in similar situation?

dhir.patwa

Mar 9, 2021
Hey Everyone,

Done with the remed, need some help regarding IMM5406. I am the only applicant but do I have to enter my parents and siblings details in the form (IMM5406 - Additional Family Info) or it's only needed to be filled if they are also applicant?
Why are they asking for the Police certificate again...This was already submitted before the AOR correct?

shubh_19

Jun 2, 2021
INDIA
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
21/11/2020
Med's Done....
4/01/2021
Hello all. I have a query regarding POF. My AOR is Nov 2020 and eligibility is not yet started. Recently i came to know some amount of my POF which I have shown won't be considered valid as it's a term deposit with 5 years lock-in period and which will get my POF below the required limit. Should I update the POF now and share the updated POF with ircc or wait for the agent to ask for updated POF??
Resending the POF will have any negative impact on my file?
Thanks in advance. @legalfalcon looking for your input on this.

walnorez

Feb 14, 2021
Hello all. I have a query regarding POF. My AOR is Nov 2020 and eligibility is not yet started. Recently i came to know some amount of my POF which I have shown won't be considered valid as it's a term deposit with 5 years lock-in period and which will get my POF below the required limit. Should I update the POF now and share the updated POF with ircc or wait for the agent to ask for updated POF??
Resending the POF will have any negative impact on my file?
Thanks in advance. @legalfalcon looking for your input on this.
Yes, you can submit a new POF in a Letter of Explanation. If this could be a reason for processing delay it will speed up things once your file will be opened again for processing. You will only win extra time.