+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>NOVEMBER 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

sgoldsmith

Nov 20, 2020
Once my medicals expired in November after 1 year, the passed update disappeared from my profile and was replaced by "You don't need a medical exam". Does that mean that my meds were extended? How would I know if they will request for remeds or my meds are extended without ordering GCMS?
If IRCC considers you need to redo the medicals, they will let you know.

chichukw

May 3, 2021
If IRCC considers you need to redo the medicals, they will let you know.
So you don’t think we need to be proactive and do it? My last gcms notes did say “medical reevaluation required. Ready to finalize” but I don’t see that on the online portal.

boilercat

Star Member
Sep 16, 2020
So you don’t think we need to be proactive and do it? My last gcms notes did say “medical reevaluation required. Ready to finalize” but I don’t see that on the online portal.
Roughly on what page you saw that notes? I don’t even see reevaluation note

sgoldsmith

Nov 20, 2020
It would depend when your last GCMS notes were issued. If it was before the expiration date of your medicals in November, then the "medical reevaluation required" comment could refer to an internal reevaluation and not to the need for your to redo the medicals.

When it comes to proactivity, there is not really a set rule. You may gain a couple of weeks if you do it upfront.

AlexB1234

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
Hello guys, I need some advice from from someone who did this or from someone who knows. Currently I have a new job offer to other company but for the same position (same NOC). As I primary applicant I know that I have to notice IRCC via webform. My question is, what are the next steps after that? They will ask me to provide another employment letter from the new company or is there any chances to lose points? It worth or I better wait for few more months until we hopefully receive the golden email? Thank you in advance!

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Hello guys, I need some advice from from someone who did this or from someone who knows. Currently I have a new job offer to other company but for the same position (same NOC). As I primary applicant I know that I have to notice IRCC via webform. My question is, what are the next steps after that? They will ask me to provide another employment letter from the new company or is there any chances to lose points? It worth or I better wait for few more months until we hopefully receive the golden email? Thank you in advance!
You don't have to inform IRCC of job changes post AOR and nor will you be required to submit any additional docs for this.

AlexB1234

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
@legalfalcon can you please share your thoughts regarding this topic? Thank you!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon can you please share your thoughts regarding this topic? Thank you!

If you have already submitted your application, you do not have to provide any documents or work reference letters.

The only reason you should inform IRCC of a change of employment is so that if IRCC wants to verify your employment for which you claimed points, IRCC is aware that you no longer work there.

You only have to send a web form.

Reactions: AlexB1234

argetlam93

Oct 13, 2021
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Med's Done....
17-12-2020
Change of marital status while waiting for COPR

Me and my wife (AOR: Nov 2020) had both applied under FSW-O EE before marriage.
We just got married recently and have filed a webform to update our statuses from "single" to "married".

Would you happen to know how does CIC usually treats these cases ?
We don't want one application to be closed down since both of us now have been waiting for over 14 months.

Would updating the status add further significant delay ?

more information:
My COR: USA
Wife's COR: India
VO: Ottawa

Thanks!

cc: @legalfalcon
@legalfalcon Could you please help shed some light on this ? Can we still keep both the applications in processing once we update the marital status ?

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
From the latest GCMS notes....

AOR: 6 November 2020
Primary VO: Centralized Intake Office
Eligibility: Passed
Criminality: Passed
Security: In progress
Info-Sharing: Complete

Fingers crossed for a remedical request as medicals are expired.
What is the date mentioned for security started?

Dec 30, 2021
Crossposting. Please delete if not allowed.

This was probably asked already but I just want to throw it in in case someone has any idea or knew someone who has gone through the same. So I passed my remedical last month and like you awaiting for the golden PPR email. I have, however, received a PhD offer yesterday with guaranteed four year funding in one of the Canadian universities which means that I could somehow easily secure a student visa. I was wondering if this would in any way affect my PR application. I need to apply for my student visa asap (if I decided to accept the offer) as my programme will start in August this year. Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks in advance.