+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>NOVEMBER 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

bluemotion

Star Member
Jan 27, 2020
It's still quite random and LVO dependent but mostly late 2019 and early 2020 applications from what I've noticed.

Edit: All FSW applications are apparently being processed, just not being finalised. That's the official statement anyway. Gcms notes from a lot of the members on here prove that's not the case.
Hey, thanks for the update! yes our files are being worked on for sure by i guess you answered what i was looking for i.e. they are finalising late 2019 early 2020 cases both expired COPR and others.

Given the present speed at which PPRs are raining in other parts of this forum, any guestimate as to when our turn may come? december?

EE2Canada2020

Aug 19, 2021
My landing experience

I thought to share my landing experience.

After a very long 21-month journey (story shared here: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/november-2020-aor-join-here.708612/page-229) my husband and I received our COPR in the month of May 2021. With the hotel quarantine requirement still in place, we decided to put off immediate traveling to Canada. However, in the month of June, we were glad to know that vaccinated travelers will be exempted from this requirement starting from the 5th of July. We booked our tickets to Toronto (although, Alberta is our province of settlement). In preparation for the landing procedure, we filled the CBSA forms (BSF186 and BSF186A) for declaring the goods we were coming with and goods to follow. A day before our travel, we kept in our details on the ARRIVECAN app. To make the process easy and straightforward, we printed out the code gotten from the ARRIVECAN app after check-in, our COVID test, vaccination records, and the completed CSBSA forms. We also printed out our bank statements with the minimum required funds for a family of two, we also had our marriage certificate with us.

On the day of our travel, we got to to the airport 3 hours before our departure time. Check-in with Air Canada was very smooth. We landed after 1 hour in Toronto where we were directed to check-in electronically. Afterward, we were directed towards the immigration section. We presented our immigrant visa, COPR, COVID result, and ARRIVECAN code after which we proceeded to complete our landing procedure. In the area designated for landing, we were attended to by a very nice lady who asked for our visas and COPR nothing more. We were asked for an address we would like our PRC card to be mailed to us. We provided an address in Manitoba. We were congratulated for becoming permanent residents and then proceeded for our on-arrival COVID test. It was a very smooth process. We had initially opened a SWITCH HEALTH account (even if we had not, there was provision for opening an account either online by yourself, or one of the persons in charge of the testing would gladly help with it). After the test, we proceeded to customs declaration. We were asked for photos of the pieces of jewelry we were planning to bring in later on. We never had this and so, the officer told us to come back later to complete the declaration process. We were a little shocked by this as we were of the opinion that this has to be done on the day of landing to avoid tax later on. We were told to go to the customs section once we have the pictures with 2 copies of each of the BSF186 forms. We then proceeded to claim our baggage and headed to our AIRBNB reservation. We received our negative test in the night and were cleared from any quarantine requirements.

The next day, we went to one of the Service Canada locations to obtain our social insurance number. It was a very easy process. We needed a Canadian telephone number and so, we used the number we had gotten from the textnow app. Our SIN was issued and we went ahead to register for a SIM card. We put off registering for our health card as our final destination of settlement was somewhat dependent on where we get employed. Two weeks later, we went back to the airport to declare our good to follow. It was a very smooth and easy process. We were given some documents that we will need to present when the goods are brought into Canada.

On the day of arrival, we had linked our PR card application to our CIC account and we kept monitoring it for any updates. A week later, we got a ghost update on the application. We called the customer service line and were told by the agent that our cards were sent for production. Two weeks later, we received an email stating that we have a message in our account. We logged in and saw our status as approved. Our cards were mailed to us!!

We had begun interviewing for jobs prior to us arriving in Canada and we were happy to secure a position within 1 week of arrival. Canada is a beautiful place with very nice people.

It's been a journey. I wish everyone success in their immigration journey. Thank you all for all the support so far.
Welcome :)

EE2Canada2020

Aug 19, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon and all experience people, something strange happened. I got ADR request 6 days ago for my kids passport and before I can reply I got my 1st portal email. Is this the golden email? I still sent the new passport today. Have all my stages passed? IRCC website still says everything but medical is in progress. I did not keep track like other people because anxiety is bad and process is very random. I am so confused, should I celebrate?
Also my wife got her portal email on a different email she had used for another PR application in which she was first applicant. Should I tell my wife to cancel her application since we got portal email through my application?
Sorry for many questions, thanks for your knowledge

Gabyor

Star Member
Mar 9, 2020
If we cancel our application at this point (no way near complete processing), do we get all our money back? I want to cancel everything, there "silent treatment" is really really infuriating...

izzyhu1106

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
If we cancel our application at this point (no way near complete processing), do we get all our money back? I want to cancel everything, there "silent treatment" is really really infuriating...
Once they start looking at your files you’ll not get a refund for application fee. I don’t know about the permanent resident rights fee but I guess they’ll return that amount.

Maybe now is the darkest hour and soon we’ll see lights. Just hold on for now, man. We are all mentally struggling. What could get worse after the messy times we’ve all been through.

Can’t even buy a new guitar because it’s not gonna go with me to Canada. If they can kindly share with us even a vague timeline this would be much better.

walnorez

Feb 14, 2021
What could get worse after the messy times we’ve all been through.
for example they might close FSW-O in general, they had no draws in 2021 in this stream and Australia basically closed a similar program and doesn’t process any application since 2020. Soon we will wnd 2021, it’s 2 years with no processing and we don’t know how many more. You guys even mentioned that with a backlog of 375K applications they can even cancel them all like they already did twice in 21st century

i still hope for better, if nothing changes by Summer 2022, FSW probably will be dead forever

sgoldsmith

Nov 20, 2020
IRCC would only refund the permanent resident fees.

sgoldsmith

Nov 20, 2020
What about PNP candidates who paid province fee?
You would have to check the conditions stated for your specific nomination stream.

I personally doubt there would be a refund for such fee, because from the point of view of the provincial authority, they fulfilled their commitment, processed the application and gave out the nomination certificate. What happens at the federal level is out of their reach.

Reactions: seadrag0n

harsimrannsingh

Star Member
Aug 12, 2020
Anybody whos has contacted their MP regrading the delay in the application?
Can you please provide me with format of the email you typed?

I am thinking of contacting my MP.