+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>NOVEMBER 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

Nkhalidvmc

Star Member
Feb 24, 2021
Just a guess as I'd seen a few applicants with CoR Pakistan said their VO was London. And lately it seems like they've started issuing PPRs to FSW-Os and Outland dependents.
I agree with this obervation. My CoR is Pak and my visa office is London. I am hoping with the easing of border restrictions they can start to process these FSW-O applications quickly and we all get our PPRs soon :)

Reactions: îleless

beyourownak

Jan 5, 2021
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-11-2020
Med's Done....
12-12-2020
So this Happened

Preliminary details and timeline announced
As of mid-August, Canada plans to open its borders to non-essential travelers from the United States for the first time in 17 months, but only for those who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated travelers from all countries are expected to be welcome by early September. The border re-opening is dependent on Canada’s positive vaccination rate continuing and public health conditions remaining stable.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau made the announcement on July 15 following mounting public pressure. Only preliminary details were released, with more details expected next week.

It is likely that travelers will still have to follow certain special COVID-19 travel measures. For complete details about how the new exemption will work, check out the full story in our guide to Canada's border re-opening.

Here 's the link:

https://moving2canada.com/when-will-canada-open-its-borders-covid-19/?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=210716_Borders re-opening_ALL COUNTRIES&utm_content=210716_Borders re-opening_ALL COUNTRIES+CID_4be305cb8a6ecb6fe27c2dcd332b5fa1&utm_source=CampaignMonitor&utm_term=Get the details

Nkhalidvmc

Star Member
Feb 24, 2021
Hopefully with opening of borders in september we should expect them to start sending those PPRs to FSW-O applicants. However to be considered fully vaccinated we need to get 1 of 4 approved vaccines by Health Canada.

Reactions: walnorez
Jul 16, 2021
Dear @legalfalcon,
I am an fswo applicant from India
Ita sept 20
Aor Nov 20
Bio Jan 21
I have a b1/b2 business cum tourist visa for USA valid for 10yrs.
Assuming travel restrictions open and I can travel to US for a long term stay ~6 months, and I get my copr and ppr in that time, can I submit my passport and get my visa from U.S directly?
Would I have too inform ircc before I get my ppr or can I inform afterward also? Do I have to come back to India for completing the process?

Nkhalidvmc

Star Member
Feb 24, 2021
Dear @legalfalcon,
Ita sept 20
Aor Nov 20
Bio Jan 21
Assuming travel restrictions open and I can travel to US for a long term stay ~6 months, and I get my copr and ppr in that time, can I submit my passport and get my visa from U.S directly?
Would I have too inform ircc before I get my ppr or can I inform afterward also? Do I have to come back to India for completing the process?
logic suggests that you can send your passport along with your PPR to either the Canadian consulate in New york city or Los Angeles and get a visa affixed on your passport. however i do wonder if you can just walk across the border with your PPR (lets say the niagara falls rainbow bridge) and get your self a direct landing papers at the port of entry....that I am really not too sure how that would work...

Reactions: Neelabja Mukherjee

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear @legalfalcon,
Ita sept 20
Aor Nov 20
Bio Jan 21
You will have to inform IRCC. First, to be eligible to receive an eCOPR you have to be in Canada.

If you are not, then you will have to inform IRCC and ask them to send you instructions to submit your passport if you are not from a visa-exempt country. As soon as your receive a eCOPR, all existing visas are cancelled as you become PR effective the date on e-COPR. To enter Canada you will need a PR card / PRTD or a PR visa.

walnorez

Feb 14, 2021
Dear @legalfalcon,
Ita sept 20
Aor Nov 20
Bio Jan 21
Coming to US on a tourist visa and staying in US as a tourist doesn’t make you a resident of US. If you think this will make IRCC process your application faster because you won’t have travel restrictions - don’t risk, they won’t care about your touristic travels, they only care about legal residents of US with resident cards. You can waste a lot of money for staying in US 6 months and your case still won’t be touched.

Better wait for travel restrictions to be lifted.

And by the way, most Consulates won’t accept your visa application in a foreign country unless you can prove that you are a local resident by presenting a resident card. So, Canada most likely won’t accept your passport for visa stamping in US, if you are there on a tourist visa.

MARYKE4NNY

Nov 1, 2016
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-08-2019
AOR Received.
16-08-2019
Passport Req..
12-05-2021
Coming to US on a tourist visa and staying in US as a tourist doesn’t make you a resident of US. If you think this will make IRCC process your application faster because you won’t have travel restrictions - don’t risk, they won’t care about your touristic travels, they only care about legal residents of US with resident cards. You can waste a lot of money for staying in US 6 months and your case still won’t be touched.

Better wait for travel restrictions to be lifted.

And by the way, most Consulates won’t accept your visa application in a foreign country unless you can prove that you are a local resident by presenting a resident card. So, Canada most likely won’t accept your passport for visa stamping in US, if you are there on a tourist visa.
This is no way true. People have done this and PPR and stamping was issued. My dependent had to move to the US on a temporal visa before our file was finalized. No form of resident card is required to submit your passport. Moreover, you can send your passport directly to Ottawa or a local visa office. For this, you do not need a resident card.

Reactions: NizJebin

walnorez

Feb 14, 2021
This is no way true. People have done this and PPR and stamping was issued. My dependent had to move to the US on a temporal visa before our file was finalized. No form of resident card is required to submit your passport. Moreover, you can send your passport directly to Ottawa or a local visa office. For this, you do not need a resident card.
so, what exactly did you do? because there is a big difference between submitting passport in Consulate and sending it by post to Canada, did you do the last one?

I can give you an example that in EU you can't freely come to any Consulate and ask for any kind of visa, unless you are local resident. On personal example, you can't get Polish visa in Romania this way and you can't get Taiwanese visa in Poland. Also UK visa won't be issued to you without local residentship, which besides a residence card can be confirmed by a visa with OFII stamp. Another example, US and French visa can't be issue in Qatar without local residentship. If you will contact most consulates abroad to ask if you can get a visa for their country while you are staying as a foreigner on a tourist visa - they'll tell you most probably the same - only local residence card is proof that you are local resident and then they can accept your application. But I believe very few exemptions can exist.

Very simple reason why they ask for residence card, is because technically you would otherwise remain in a foreign country without any kind of legal document identifying you abroad.

Last edited:

MARYKE4NNY

Nov 1, 2016
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-08-2019
AOR Received.
16-08-2019
Passport Req..
12-05-2021
so, what exactly did you do? because there is a big difference between submitting passport in Consulate and sending it by post to Canada, did you do the last one?

I can give you an example that in EU you can't freely come to any Consulate and ask for any kind of visa, unless you are local resident. On personal example, you can't get Polish visa in Romania this way and you can't get Taiwanese visa in Poland. Also UK visa won't be issued to you without local residentship, which besides a residence card can be confirmed by a visa with OFII stamp. Another example, US and French visa can't be issue in Qatar without local residentship. If you will contact most consulates abroad to ask if you can get a visa for their country while you are staying as a foreigner on a tourist visa - they'll tell you most probably the same - only local residence card is proof that you are local resident and then they can accept your application. But I believe very few exemptions can exist.

Very simple reason why they ask for residence card, is because technically you would otherwise remain in a foreign country without any kind of legal document identifying you abroad.
The OP already has a US visa and will be allowed entry into the US based on the discretion of the officer at the POE. Once in the US, OP can update his/her address with IRCC, and depending on the officer in charge of the PR application, a PPR can be issued. OP can send his/her passport (if from a country that requires a visa) to the Visa office in the US (Los Angeles or New York) or to Ottawa. The VO does not ask for your US resident card or visa. I had previously obtained a Canadian visiting visa from the US and submitted my passport for stamping in California (even though I was on a temporary visa). I never showed any form of resident status. The passport can also be sent via mail or submitted in person. For my PR visa, I decided to send my passport to Ottawa. Some people sent theirs to the New York LVO without issues too. All the best.

Reactions: NizJebin

mumbai_demon

Jan 5, 2021
I received my GCMS notes yesterday and it contains 190 pages.
This is what I could see on page 2:
Eligibility: Passed
Security: not started
HIRV: (blank)
Criminality: passed
Medical: passed
Misinterpretation: (blank)
Info sharing: in progress

Primary VO: CPC Ottawa

Also on last 2-3 pages I can see review notes from the review officers.
Are there any other pages I need to look at?
I feel everything seems to be in a good shape and its just a matter of time now, is that correct?
Can there be rejection after this stage?

beyourownak

Jan 5, 2021
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-11-2020
Med's Done....
12-12-2020
I received my GCMS notes yesterday and it contains 190 pages.
This is what I could see on page 2:
Eligibility: Passed
Security: not started
HIRV: (blank)
Criminality: passed
Medical: passed
Misinterpretation: (blank)
Info sharing: in progress

Primary VO: CPC Ottawa

Also on last 2-3 pages I can see review notes from the review officers.
Are there any other pages I need to look at?
I feel everything seems to be in a good shape and its just a matter of time now, is that correct?
Can there be rejection after this stage?
Was the eligibility passed by an officer or the analyst ?

JRD0218

Star Member
Jan 4, 2021
Hello people,

Got a response for webform

Totally generic reply.

But the main part is here

Furthermore, we verified the information on file and can confirm that:

The background verifications are in process.
The security background verification is currently valid.
The criminal background verification is currently valid.

Here, can anyone confirm if the background verification means eligibility?

JRD0218

Star Member
Jan 4, 2021
Hello people,

Totally generic reply.

@legalfalcon

Any thoughts on this would be very much appreciated.
Thank you in advance.

heydaydreamer

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
Hello people,

Totally generic reply.

Hi, most likely your eligibility is passed. Security doesn't start unless eligibility is passed. Your file is all good.

Reactions: JRD0218