17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hey @legalfalcon,

My passport is expiring next month along with my BOWP status. Monday, 7 June, would be the 18th day waiting for COPR on the new PR portal after photo, address and declaration submission. If I apply to renew my passport now, do you know if:

1. I need to send a web form to update IRCC when I submit my new passport application?
2. Will it delay the CoPR even further?

Even if I get the COPR, would I still need to notify IRCC that I have a new passport for my PR card application?

I’m weighing the idea of just getting the new passport now, and, in doing so, complicates the process further, or if I should just wait till I at least have the COPR.

Thank you very much in advance!
If you have not received your COPR, then yes, you will have to update IRCC when you receive your new PP. However, if you have received your renewed passport, you do not need to update IRCc.

Reactions: mapple007

mapple007

Oct 2, 2020
If you have not received your COPR, then yes, you will have to update IRCC when you receive your new PP. However, if you have received your renewed passport, you do not need to update IRCc.
Thanks, mate! I’ll go ahead an apply for a new passport and let god decide which comes first.

Haddara_m

Aug 2, 2020
similar timeline here. if you have your application info such as UCI and application number, you can request update thru webform. i just got mine within a week. see my signature.
Hi all,

Just reveived the reply from WEB

AOR PNP Nova Scotia
  • The background verifications are in process.
  • The security background verification has not been initiated.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid.
What does this mean?

Reactions: PrincessR and upon

canadadreamertj

Nov 23, 2020
The status in Myaccount will continue to show in progress until the COPR is generated and issued to you.

It can tale 5-10 days for the photos to be approved.
So when you say COPR , are you referring to physical copy or the electronic copy? I have received a COPR copy in the PR confirmation portal and i still see the status in IRCC portal as in progress.

Also, my photo is not approved yet. I uploaded it on 24th May

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
So when you say COPR , are you referring to physical copy or the electronic copy? I have received a COPR copy in the PR confirmation portal and i still see the status in IRCC portal as in progress.

A COPR is a COPR, irrespective of what medium you received it. If it is signed and dated, then effective that date you have attained a PR status in Canada.

Most applications outside Canada who receive a COPR, their COPR is stamped and dated upon landing at a port of entry. However, for inland applicants, IRCC is sending the signed and dated COPR electronically, either by email or via PR portal.

ZforZhiyuan

Nov 22, 2020
North York, ON
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-11-2020
Nomination.....
30-09-2020
AOR Received.
21-11-2020
Just received my notes today, see my signature. What's your status and which stage are you at right now?

Did you get any ghost updates?
What are your primary and secondary visa offices?

Reactions: upon

ZforZhiyuan

Nov 22, 2020
North York, ON
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-11-2020
Nomination.....
30-09-2020
AOR Received.
21-11-2020
all i can tell is that your criminality has passed, others are either in progress or not started. You will need to ask them specifically what's the status of each stage including eligibility, security and criminality. Or you can just simply request GCMS notes, which will prob take longer than webform.

Hi all,

Just reveived the reply from WEB

AOR PNP Nova Scotia
  • The background verifications are in process.
  • The security background verification has not been initiated.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid.
What does this mean?

pruthv

Feb 16, 2021
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal (yes, the one which is dead - not be confused with dead slow! I mean, dead!)
AOR Received.
30-11-2020
Just received my notes today, see my signature. What's your status and which stage are you at right now?
Just called, nobody even touched my file since my medical passed on Jan 8, 2021.

...and here, people with low CRS, who applied in Mar 2021 are getting PPR because they applied with CEC and I choose to just go with FSW-Inland to eliminate little wait time. Just utterly ridiculous!

Reactions: Jeet221990 and upon

amairena95

Apr 19, 2017
Just called, nobody even touched my file since my medical passed on Jan 8, 2021.

...and here, people with low CRS, who applied in Mar 2021 are getting PPR because they applied with CEC and I choose to just go with FSW-Inland to eliminate little wait time. Just utterly ridiculous!
i know im annoyed a bit too (im cec inland for december)-- but i guess we gotta keep in mind that they probably hired new ppl and told them to focus on specific batches of apps, while ours are all scattered around with the normal taskforce from before

Rachael_Mynah

Star Member
Dec 16, 2020

It is showing as below in the PR portal.......
"Once your declaration of your presence in Canada has been accepted, you will be able to download your electronic copy of your confirmation of permanent residence document (eCoPR) in this portal. If you have previously been landed and already have your proof of permanent resident status, your eCoPR will not be available for download."

Does it mean only if declaration is accepted COPR can be downloaded ? IF so where can we download it ?
I could see my declaration is accepted and address-Photo - yet to be accepted.

JRD0218

Star Member
Jan 4, 2021
Just in:
Canada plans to ease COVID-19 border restrictions for fully vaccinated travellers only
STEVEN CHASE
PUBLISHED JUNE 8 2021, 1:28PM
UPDATED JUNE 8 2021, 1:52PM

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau says the eventual easing of Canadian border restrictions such as hotel quarantine requirements will be focused on travellers who are fully vaccinated but he won’t provide a timeline for unwinding these pandemic measures.
“The steps that will be taken to ease border measures at the right time will be science-based and will be based on the fact that when people have [received] both doses of the vaccine, they are more highly protected and less at risk of transmitting COVID-19 and finding themselves in our health-care system,” he told reporters at an Ottawa news conference Tuesday.
Mr. Trudeau earlier this week signaled Ottawa is looking at taking a phased approach to welcoming back international visitors as pandemic restrictions loosen, focusing on case counts globally as part of decision-making.
Non-essential travel has been restricted for more than one year including bans at times on direct flights from other countries including the U.K. and India. Further measures were added earlier in 2021 including mandatory hotel quarantines.
Trudeau said he expects high interest from overseas travellers to visit Canada as those restrictions eventually ease because of vaccination uptake rates and case counts that are better than peer countries.
He told reporters that science shows the importance of a second dose and that using that as a re-opening guide also has the effect of providing an incentive that encourages Canadians to get their second shot.
Mr. Trudeau was asked to comment on a statement from the mayor of Niagara Falls that he’s been told by Public Safety Minister Bill Blair the gradual reopening of the border will start June 22 for those who are double-vaccinated if vaccination rates continue to climb.
The prime minister would not confirm or deny this is the plan. “We have no announcements to make today. The 21st of every month is the date on which the measures we’ve had for many months between Canada and the United States get rolled over, or not.”
Mr. Trudeau said Canada is still working with epidemiological experts and the United States on a plan. “When there are announcement to make you can be sure we will be making them.”
More to come.
With files from Bill Curry and Canadian Press

Reactions: HezekiahVelle

JRD0218

Star Member
Jan 4, 2021
Just in:
Canada plans to ease COVID-19 border restrictions for fully vaccinated travellers only
STEVEN CHASE
PUBLISHED JUNE 8 2021, 1:28PM
UPDATED JUNE 8 2021, 1:52PM

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau says the eventual easing of Canadian border restrictions such as hotel quarantine requirements will be focused on travellers who are fully vaccinated but he won’t provide a timeline for unwinding these pandemic measures.
“The steps that will be taken to ease border measures at the right time will be science-based and will be based on the fact that when people have [received] both doses of the vaccine, they are more highly protected and less at risk of transmitting COVID-19 and finding themselves in our health-care system,” he told reporters at an Ottawa news conference Tuesday.
Mr. Trudeau earlier this week signaled Ottawa is looking at taking a phased approach to welcoming back international visitors as pandemic restrictions loosen, focusing on case counts globally as part of decision-making.
Non-essential travel has been restricted for more than one year including bans at times on direct flights from other countries including the U.K. and India. Further measures were added earlier in 2021 including mandatory hotel quarantines.
Trudeau said he expects high interest from overseas travellers to visit Canada as those restrictions eventually ease because of vaccination uptake rates and case counts that are better than peer countries.
He told reporters that science shows the importance of a second dose and that using that as a re-opening guide also has the effect of providing an incentive that encourages Canadians to get their second shot.
Mr. Trudeau was asked to comment on a statement from the mayor of Niagara Falls that he’s been told by Public Safety Minister Bill Blair the gradual reopening of the border will start June 22 for those who are double-vaccinated if vaccination rates continue to climb.
The prime minister would not confirm or deny this is the plan. “We have no announcements to make today. The 21st of every month is the date on which the measures we’ve had for many months between Canada and the United States get rolled over, or not.”
Mr. Trudeau said Canada is still working with epidemiological experts and the United States on a plan. “When there are announcement to make you can be sure we will be making them.”
More to come.
With files from Bill Curry and Canadian Press
Post by @legalfalcon

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Received my GCMS notes today, requested on March 26th, generated on April 12th, FSW/PNP Outland AOR 23rd November 2020:

Eligibility: Passed
Security: Not Started
Criminality: Passed
Medical: Passed
Info Sharing: Complete

Primary Office: CIO
Secondary Office: CPC-Ottawa

Nothing specific mentioned by the agent other than that my work experience and POF documents were verified and another note says police certificates are OK and criminality is passed.

One thing I noticed is that there are two review types mentioned in the notes, one is A11.2 CASE PROCESSING AGENT and the other is Program Assistant. Both say the same thing with different wording, I am guessing both were made by the same agent? @legalfalcon

Reactions: HezekiahVelle