+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>NOVEMBER 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

wandrmnk

Jan 9, 2021
Won't it reflect in the account status ?
The account status on the MyCIC portal is a different beast when compared with how the application is actually processed.
The processing has the following components:
1. Completeness Check
2. Medicals
3. Biometrics
4. Eligibility
5. Criminality
6. Security
The Criminality is dependent on biometrics and the last three steps overlap with Security usually being the final step.

However, the portal status is really focussed on informing us if we need to act on the application like:
1. Biometrics
2. Medical
3. Interview
4. Additional Documents

Apart from this, there are the following, statuses that don't necessarily correspond with the actual steps:
1. Background Check - seems to update (or not) when eligibility, criminality and security are being affected by the agent/officer.
2. Eligibility - As far as I can tell, this remains in review till PPR.
3. Final decision - Self explanatory

This is why many people (including myself) are concerned about where exactly our file is at.

chaz_dance

Star Member
Jan 14, 2021
The account status on the MyCIC portal is a different beast when compared with how the application is actually processed.
The processing has the following components:
1. Completeness Check
2. Medicals
3. Biometrics
4. Eligibility
5. Criminality
6. Security
The Criminality is dependent on biometrics and the last three steps overlap with Security usually being the final step.

However, the portal status is really focussed on informing us if we need to act on the application like:
1. Biometrics
2. Medical
3. Interview
4. Additional Documents

Apart from this, there are the following, statuses that don't necessarily correspond with the actual steps:
1. Background Check - seems to update (or not) when eligibility, criminality and security are being affected by the agent/officer.
2. Eligibility - As far as I can tell, this remains in review till PPR.
3. Final decision - Self explanatory
I have only called IRCC once and they said I had passed Eligibility and my Background check had not started. For background check are they referring to both criminality and security?

wandrmnk

Jan 9, 2021
I have only called IRCC once and they said I had passed Eligibility and my Background check had not started. For background check are they referring to both criminality and security?
Yes, when the agents say Eligibility passed, they mean that the "actual" eligibility is passed. They only ever tell you about criminality and security if you ask about them individually. Otherwise, what they call "background" is a combination of both.

Reactions: upon and chaz_dance

POLEPALLE1704

Star Member
Dec 8, 2020
Hate that i am stuck at VO London and i cant get any updates. :(
It is no different even in CPC Ottawa but just better. Sent passport for TRV stamping in December and no update. The agents over web form and phone are assuring that passport is with them and it takes time. I am not able to book my appointment for biometrics. So just be patient. All of us are on same boat

beyourownak

Jan 5, 2021
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-11-2020
Med's Done....
12-12-2020
I don't think any PPRs are being issued in India, I've seen people from Nigeria and other countries but no cases have come up from India, Correct me if I am Wrong ?

jerinmp

Sep 1, 2020
Hello All,
my AOR was on Sep 2020
profile submitted on 29th Oct
Medicals passed on 11th Dec
Biometrics request letter came on same day completed on 15th Dec and its updated in the application.
After that till today no updates in the profile.
Me in FSW inland but my spouse and kid in India.
Any idea why its not having any updates in the last 40+ days.
Please advise.

Thanks in advance
JM

Last edited:

sgoldsmith

Nov 20, 2020
Any idea why its not having any updates in the last 40+ days.
Please advise.

Thanks in advance
JM
Your best bet is to order your GCMS notes to get a useful answer to that question and see exactly what is the status of your application.

Other than that, you are between 3 to 4 months in a process that had an expected completion time of 8 months in 2019, with an immigration system dealing with quite a backlog and reduced capacity.

And remember what is written in the profile : "You may not hear from us for a little while, this is normal. Most of the progress on your application happens closer to your estimated completion date."

andreynitro

Jan 4, 2019
Hello guys, I have following question. My AOR for PR is Nov 12th. We also applied for BOWP on Dec 3d. Today I got the news that BOWP was approved for all family. So my question is if there is any dependence approval of BOWP and status of PR? Does BOWP approval means that I passed anything else except R10? As per my PR I’ve passed Medicals in mid of Dec and my biometrics data was attached to profile somewhere in a same time.

jerinmp

Sep 1, 2020
Your best bet is to order your GCMS notes to get a useful answer to that question and see exactly what is the status of your application.

Other than that, you are between 3 to 4 months in a process that had an expected completion time of 8 months in 2019, with an immigration system dealing with quite a backlog and reduced capacity.

And remember what is written in the profile : "You may not hear from us for a little while, this is normal. Most of the progress on your application happens closer to your estimated completion date."
Hi sgoldsmith,

Thanks for your response. ya i am planning to drop a GCMS or a call. But when i am checking the forums i could see that profiles submitted later than mine has crossed the stages and almost in the final level so I am bit worried that something got wrong in my profile or any such issues...

Thanks in advance
JM