+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>NOVEMBER 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

kanwar144

Star Member
Mar 16, 2015
Does anyone have any idea of reopening dates of VAC centres in India for PR applicants biometrics?
No update of a particular date has been given, VFS of Nepal is entertaining for biometrics if you want to get over with biometrics. I know of person, who did is BIO from Dubai in Nov, AOR was Sep, Received his PPR by dec,
But, COPRS not valid till now to enter Canada so it's just keeping up will your paperwork till the government allows.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I ordered from both...I got the 90 day extension for the IRCC ones, for CBSA 30 days hasn't passed yet.
IRCC has been facing issues in relating GCMS notes. A Lot of people claim that if you request from one website or a provider then the extension will bot be there or less, which is completely incorrect and misleading.

The ATIP manual clearly states:

5.5.2 Without regard to the identity of a person making a request for access to a record under the control of the institution
Subsection 4(2.1) provides that the identity of the requester must not be considered when processing requests. This means that, although some requesters may require more assistance than others, all requesters shall receive the same standard of service throughout the entire request process.

All requests are to be processed in the same manner regardless of the applicant’s identity or the source of the request (such as media, business or political parties), and regardless of whether the applicant is a frequent requester or a party to a dispute or litigation involving the institution.

The identity of the requester should not affect the application of exemptions, except in specific circumstances in which identity is a relevant consideration (for example, the records contain personal or third party information about the requester or the organization he or she represents).
Only if your are a Canadian PR, a citizen, or an individual present in Canada, you can request your notes under the Privacy Act, and the maximum extension that can be taken by a federal institution is 30 days in addition to the 30 processing days.

ATIP issues have been reported since the beginning of the year and they become worse after every new lockdown is placed.

Also, when you get an extension of 90 days, it nearly means that the IRCC was unable to meet the30 days statutory timeframe and needs an additional time, unto a maximum of 90 days. In many cases the requested information will be released before the expiry of the extension.

Dilipbharti

Star Member
Sep 21, 2019
Hello everyone, my Aor is 30th Nov and medical was passed on 8th Jan 21. Do you guys think I should call IRCC to check on my application status as thr was a ghost update on 20 Jan 21 or should I give wait more before calling IRCC.
Suggestions will be appreciated and thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Ahamed06

Star Member
Apr 23, 2020
Hello everyone, my Aor is 30th Nov and medical was passed on 8th Dec 20. Do you guys think I should call IRCC to check on my application status as thr was a ghost update on 20 Jan 21 or should I give wait more before calling IRCC.
what your BG status?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello everyone, my Aor is 30th Nov and medical was passed on 8th Jan 21. Do you guys think I should call IRCC to check on my application status as thr was a ghost update on 20 Jan 21 or should I give wait more before calling IRCC.

It is too early to call and find the status. A GU is an update to your application and it is difficult to speculate what it means.

The BGC refers to criminality and security. This is why the BGC status changes twice during the processing of the application. Since your AoR is November, it may be very likely that your criteria R10 is passed and criminality started..

To read on security and BGC see https://bit.ly/2JPCk2g

Also, as per IRCC most recent update, IRCC is processing CEC applications with full capacity, all other streams will experience delays. Seehttps://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html?fbclid=IwAR1fdSQD9tY6-GFqy_9eY67CvFwDwymFDda1zU0AYbzc4e4k-uV-ELtusm8#processing

As per IRCC's annual 2019 annual report it takes 8-9 months for an application to process, which IRCC already knew at the end of 2019, but continued to show 6 months average time frame.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/annual-report-parliament-immigration-2019.html

How long did it take to process an Express Entry application?
Table 35 displays the time, in months, that IRCC took to process 80% of applications under each program. In 2019, IRCC did not meet the processing standard of finalizing 80% of all applications sourced via Express Entry within six months. The processing time for Express Entry, overall, was eight months. As an alternative measure of processing times, 60% of applications finalized in the 12-month period ending on December 31, 2019, were completed within the six-month service standard.

Table 35: Processing Times for Express Entry applications finalized by year and immigration category, in months
Program201720182019
Canadian Experience Class457
Federal Skilled Worker469
Provincial/Territorial Nominee669
Federal Skilled Trades6712
All Programs558
Source: CIC_EDW (MBR) as of January 3, 2020
Data is operational and as such should be considered preliminary and subject to change.

• Processing times refer to the time in which 80% of applications were finalized by IRCC. The processing time is measured from the day a complete application is received until the time a final decision is made by an immigration officer.

SlimShady123

Aug 6, 2018
Guys, last time i checked in early Jan, my criminality check passed, however Eligibility and Security had not started. My VO was Sydney, Nova Scotia. I called the IRCC number today, and the guy told me that my VO is London, UK and he is unable to provide me any status update and that he will send me information regarding contacting the UK VO. Is there any way to contact the London Office other than raising a webform? Why cant the IRCC agent check my status on his system?

Also, i am not sure why my app was shifted to the UK when the country has zero relevance to me. I live in the South Asia and have never been to thee UK. Kinda panicking. Help.@legalfalcon and anyone else.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Guys, last time i checked in early Jan, my criminality check passed, however Eligibility and Security had not started. My VO was Sydney, Nova Scotia. I called the IRCC number today, and the guy told me that my VO is London, UK and he is unable to provide me any status update and that he will send me information regarding contacting the UK VO. Is there any way to contact the London Office other than raising a webform? Why cant the IRCC agent check my status on his system?

Also, i am not sure why my app was shifted to the UK when the country has zero relevance to me. I live in the South Asia and have never been to thee UK. Kinda panicking. Help.@legalfalcon and anyone else.
Immigration files are transferred between visa offices for a wide variety of reasons. The visa office does not matter! It does not matter which visa office is processing your immigration application.

SlimShady123

Aug 6, 2018
Immigration files are transferred between visa offices for a wide variety of reasons. The visa office does not matter! It does not matter which visa office is processing your immigration application.
I have heard the London office is closed. So wouldnt that impact my app?

naveenjohn94

Jun 4, 2020
Got a ghost update today and the Background check status changed to
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.

AOR: Nov 15
BIL / MEP : Dec 21
Biometrics : Jan 4

Reactions: kanwar144

viksap

Star Member
Jan 12, 2021
Got a ghost update today and the Background check status changed to
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.

AOR: Nov 15
BIL / MEP : Dec 21
Biometrics : Jan 4
Category?
Is it your first or second GU since Biometrics?
Thanks