Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon To be honest I dont know how to say if i had got a GU or not. Thats why a lil confused. So far nothing has changed in my profile since Dec 10th when my medicals passed after that i gave my biometrics on Dec 28th and it got reflected in my profile.

GU is just a movement and any movement is a good sign. Your AOR is November and its too early to stress.

As per IRCC's annual 2019 annual report it takes 8-9 months for an application to process. The eligibility is usually passed after 3-4 months. However, due to COVID there will be significant processing delays. Wait until at least after 3-4 months have passed and at that stage you can request GCMS notes or send a webform to know the processing details and what stage your application is at.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/annual-report-parliament-immigration-2019.html

How long did it take to process an Express Entry application?
Table 35 displays the time, in months, that IRCC took to process 80% of applications under each program. In 2019, IRCC did not meet the processing standard of finalizing 80% of all applications sourced via Express Entry within six months. The processing time for Express Entry, overall, was eight months. As an alternative measure of processing times, 60% of applications finalized in the 12-month period ending on December 31, 2019, were completed within the six-month service standard.

Table 35: Processing Times for Express Entry applications finalized by year and immigration category, in months
Program201720182019
Canadian Experience Class457
Federal Skilled Worker469
Provincial/Territorial Nominee669
Federal Skilled Trades6712
All Programs558
Source: CIC_EDW (MBR) as of January 3, 2020
Data is operational and as such should be considered preliminary and subject to change.

• Processing times refer to the time in which 80% of applications were finalized by IRCC. The processing time is measured from the day a complete application is received until the time a final decision is made by an immigration officer.

Reactions: esc

oppositeofaproblem

Dec 30, 2019
AOR was 11th November, today I had my request for permanent residence fee - does this mean it likely my application will be approved? I haven't even given my biometrics yet, so not sure what stage I'm at really!

killswitch

Oct 1, 2020
GU is just a movement and any movement is a good sign. Your AOR is November and its too early to stress.

As per IRCC's annual 2019 annual report it takes 8-9 months for an application to process. The eligibility is usually passed after 3-4 months. However, due to COVID there will be significant processing delays. Wait until at least after 3-4 months have passed and at that stage you can request GCMS notes or send a webform to know the processing details and what stage your application is at.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/annual-report-parliament-immigration-2019.html

How long did it take to process an Express Entry application?
Table 35 displays the time, in months, that IRCC took to process 80% of applications under each program. In 2019, IRCC did not meet the processing standard of finalizing 80% of all applications sourced via Express Entry within six months. The processing time for Express Entry, overall, was eight months. As an alternative measure of processing times, 60% of applications finalized in the 12-month period ending on December 31, 2019, were completed within the six-month service standard.

Table 35: Processing Times for Express Entry applications finalized by year and immigration category, in months
Program201720182019
Canadian Experience Class457
Federal Skilled Worker469
Provincial/Territorial Nominee669
Federal Skilled Trades6712
All Programs558
Source: CIC_EDW (MBR) as of January 3, 2020
Data is operational and as such should be considered preliminary and subject to change.

• Processing times refer to the time in which 80% of applications were finalized by IRCC. The processing time is measured from the day a complete application is received until the time a final decision is made by an immigration officer.
Got it... Thanks a lot @legalfalcon

Reactions: legalfalcon

Rahul.jindal

Sep 19, 2020
India
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
05/11/2020
AOR Received.
02-12-2020
Med's Request
16-11-2020
Med's Done....
08-01-2021
@legalfalcon My aor is 2 dec and mep passed on Jan 8, 2021. If I switch my job during the processing time, do I need to submit the employer reference letter from my new employer or just inform cic about the changes would be enough. Would that create an issue with the application or create any further delays in processing?

POLEPALLE1704

Star Member
Dec 8, 2020
Called today
Criminality passed
Eligibility passed
Security not started .
AOR 6th

I asked about the dates when it was passed but the agent said that they cannot see the dates ..seems weird .. did anyone come across like this where agent did not had the date when it was cleared. ?
So can we expect that you be getting the COPR in next one month then as the major step "eligibility" is completed ?

Last edited:

GD06

Star Member
Nov 18, 2020
FSW-Outland. AOR Nov 7th, MEP & BIL Dec 15th, and Biometrics Completed Dec 21st.

I placed an order to GCMS notes on Dec 23rd to both IRCC and CBSA. Today I got a reply from IRCC saying an extension of 90 days.
Also, my background stays "we are processing..." since AOR and never got any update since MEP & BIL.
Just got a GU today (Jan 22nd, 2021), and the background check changed to "your application is in progress".
Does this mean that my application passed any stage?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon My aor is 2 dec and mep passed on Jan 8, 2021. If I switch my job during the processing time, do I need to submit the employer reference letter from my new employer or just inform cic about the changes would be enough. Would that create an issue with the application or create any further delays in processing?

The day you submit your application it is locked, you do not need a work reference letter form your new employer. However, if you have claimed points for your current employment, you only have to inform IRCC that you no longer work there in case IRCC wants to verify you employment, they should be aware that it is not your current employment.

nikcanwin

Jan 21, 2021
Hi all
Here is my timeline(PNP inland)

AOR 5th Nov
MEP pass 11Dec
BIL 17 Dec

Ever since Medical pass my BGC has been "We are processing your application."
After biometrics my ADR status changed from "We are reviewing" to NA on Jan 5th.
What stage is this and what does ADR status change mean

@legalfalcon

toanle307

Dec 22, 2020
Called today
Criminality passed
Eligibility passed
Security not started .
AOR 6th

I asked about the dates when it was passed but the agent said that they cannot see the dates ..seems weird .. did anyone come across like this where agent did not had the date when it was cleared. ?
I called yesterday and the status of my application is the same as your. Hopefully, we will get good news next month. The agent I spoke with told us that our security hasn't started yet because they still have a little bit in the background check need to be finished. I am curious why everything passed but still haven't started the security. Thanks for sharing

Reactions: JRD0218

amosi

Jan 3, 2018
Called today
Criminality passed
Eligibility passed
Security not started .
AOR 6th

May I ask- Did you submit RCMP PCC , Or they asked you for submission?

workingmind

Star Member
Aug 21, 2020
Something strange happened with my application status. Yesterday morning it was updated with the BGC message changing to 'Your application is in progress...' and then in evening it was back to 'we are processing....'. Has it happened with anyone else?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi all
Here is my timeline(PNP inland)

AOR 5th Nov
MEP pass 11Dec
BIL 17 Dec

Ever since Medical pass my BGC has been "We are processing your application."
After biometrics my ADR status changed from "We are reviewing" to NA on Jan 5th.
What stage is this and what does ADR status change mean

@legalfalcon
You are too early in the process. An average application takes 9 months and more to process.

All application are processed under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. The stages that they go though are:

1. R10 (Completeness check)
2. Medicals
3. Criminality
4. A11.2 Eligibility (The most important stage)
5. Security

To read on the stages, see https://bit.ly/3bzRxN8

The BGC refers to criminality and security. This is why the BGC status changes twice during the processing of the application. When your BGC status changes for the second time, that is an indicator that your security has been initiated.

Security takes an average of 110 days after to is initiated. Security is initiated after eligibility is conclusively passed. You can see my old post to read on eligibility available at #4,004

To read on security, how it is done, the record check via comprehensive screening see the comprehensive post at https://bit.ly/2JPCk2g