Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
What is the difference between criminality and security? They verify PCC only during criminality?
Criminality is to determining if you have been charged with any crime in any country that would make your inadmissible for a visa to Canada and is done based on PCC and info sharing.

Security on the other hand is more complicated process and is done by CBSA and CSIS.

To read on security and the security screening manual see https://bit.ly/39cTWOk

Reactions: seadrag0n and upon

wandrmnk

Jan 9, 2021
I was told the same thing that my BP was a little high and I might be asked for furtherance tests but thankfully I got MEP/BIL at the same time.

I checked older threads on this forum and found that if BP readings are >= 140/90, then IRCC will ask for furtherance tests and I have seen people getting MEP after the furtherance test results are submitted. The second value in your reading is higher than 90, that could be the reason you didn't get MEP with BIL. Did you give x-ray first before taking BP readings during the medical exam?
No, x-ray was after BP check. I probably should have gone back after the X-RAY and asked for another BP check. I bought a machine after this test and took reading for the last 1.5 months. Never have I seen diastolic pressure go above 90 although my readings are always elevated around 123 Sys and 84 Dia.

Should I now wait for a furtherance request from IRCC or try to get GCMS notes to see what the issue is?

Gabyor

Star Member
Mar 9, 2020
Hello @legalfalcon,
I am AOR Nov 20, MEP Dec 29. I would like to raise a webform just to know the status of my eligibility and VO. Would you advise to wait a bit more or send it now? I read that it takes a around a month nowadays that's why I'm thinking of sending it now to get the status of early February.
I want to know the status of eligibility just to get reassured since I am afraid of my NOC being rejected. Will maybe order GCMS after webform reponse if it's not clear enough. What do you think?
Thank you!

mangemort

Nov 28, 2020
Hello @legalfalcon,
I am AOR Nov 20, MEP Dec 29. I would like to raise a webform just to know the status of my eligibility and VO. Would you advise to wait a bit more or send it now? I read that it takes a around a month nowadays that's why I'm thinking of sending it now to get the status of early February.
I want to know the status of eligibility just to get reassured since I am afraid of my NOC being rejected. Will maybe order GCMS after webform reponse if it's not clear enough. What do you think?
Thank you!
I doubt that it'll help. Based on your dates, I'm not so sure that they even check your eligibility

Teenkatigda

Star Member
Nov 17, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
What is the difference between criminality and security? They verify PCC only during criminality?
Yes, that's right. Security includes verification with RCMP and their partner agencies like five eyes etc.

Canadacurious

Jan 10, 2021
So we've just booked a biometric appointment in dubai for Feb 1st week as none was available in January. Are there others who are travelling for biometrics or anyone who have finished it already?
TIA
Hi,

I've also booked an appointment for the second week of Feb for biometrics in Dubai. India is very ambiguous right now so thought I should travel to Dubai instead. Don't know anybody else whose doing it though.

Please do share your experience with us!

Gabyor

Star Member
Mar 9, 2020
I doubt that it'll help. Based on your dates, I'm not so sure that they even check your eligibility
By now yes, I agree. But by the end of the month it will at least be in progress, no? I've seen many cases where eligibility is done with first month after MEP. That's why I asked @legalfalcon if it's a good idea since they appear to take a month to answer these days.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon,
Thank you!
If your AoR is November, it is way too early. Wait until February. Due to COVID there are rampant delays.

As per IRCC's annual 2019 annual report it takes 8-9 months for an application to process.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/annual-report-parliament-immigration-2019.html

How long did it take to process an Express Entry application?
Table 35 displays the time, in months, that IRCC took to process 80% of applications under each program. In 2019, IRCC did not meet the processing standard of finalizing 80% of all applications sourced via Express Entry within six months. The processing time for Express Entry, overall, was eight months. As an alternative measure of processing times, 60% of applications finalized in the 12-month period ending on December 31, 2019, were completed within the six-month service standard.

Table 35: Processing Times for Express Entry applications finalized by year and immigration category, in months
Program201720182019
Canadian Experience Class457
Federal Skilled Worker469
Provincial/Territorial Nominee669
Federal Skilled Trades6712
All Programs558
Source: CIC_EDW (MBR) as of January 3, 2020
Data is operational and as such should be considered preliminary and subject to change.

• Processing times refer to the time in which 80% of applications were finalized by IRCC. The processing time is measured from the day a complete application is received until the time a final decision is made by an immigration officer.

When to order GCMS notes?

The GCMS refers to the programmed called Global Case Management System (GCMS) used by IRCC that holds the entire processing record of your application, including the the notes pertaining to eligibility by an officer evaluating your file.

All applications go through the following stages:

R10
Medicals
Criminality
Eligibility
Security

R10 or the completeness check is the first stage of the processing, wherein it is verified that your application is complete and all documents are submitted. Filing a complete application is the responsibility of the application, and if a document is missing, a reason and an exemption request should be filed.

If an application is incomplete, it will be rejected. R10 usually happens within 30-45 days of filing your application, around the time when medicals are passed. The exact date will be available in your GCMS notes.

There is no point requesting GCMS notes at this stage, since if your application is incomplete, it will be rejected anyway, and for the medicals, the MyCIC account does inform you of when your meds are passed.

GCMS notes become important only for the eligibility stage, which does not start until 3-4 months. Eligibility takes place in 2 stages. First a case assistant or an analyst will review and make a recommendation. This is then reviewed by an officer who makes the final decision on the eligibility. Since each document you submitted has to be reviewed twice, this is the most time consuming stage.

Only for this stage are the GCMS notes relevant.

While GCMS is a great tool, use it sparingly and only after 3-4 months have expired.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
By now yes, I agree. But by the end of the month it will at least be in progress, no? I've seen many cases where eligibility is done with first month after MEP. That's why I asked @legalfalcon if it's a good idea since they appear to take a month to answer these days.
Could you repost your question. I was unable to figure out what you are asking or tag me to your original question.

proudfrog

Oct 6, 2020
Hi,

I've also booked an appointment for the second week of Feb for biometrics in Dubai. India is very ambiguous right now so thought I should travel to Dubai instead. Don't know anybody else whose doing it though.

Please do share your experience with us!
I am in the first week of Feb. Quick trip to Dubai back and forth. A lot of people are doing it in this forum. Happy to assist on the same once I'm done with my appointment.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
No, x-ray was after BP check. I probably should have gone back after the X-RAY and asked for another BP check. I bought a machine after this test and took reading for the last 1.5 months. Never have I seen diastolic pressure go above 90 although my readings are always elevated around 123 Sys and 84 Dia.

Should I now wait for a furtherance request from IRCC or try to get GCMS notes to see what the issue is?
I think you should wait for an update on medicals because getting GCMS notes takes a long time and there is not much value in ordering them so early in the process. Maybe others here can give a better answer.

Rahul.jindal

Sep 19, 2020
India
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
05/11/2020
AOR Received.
02-12-2020
Med's Request
16-11-2020
Med's Done....
08-01-2021
@legalfalcon As VAC in India are not processing biometric for FSW PR applicants at the moment and not sure when will they start, does that mean the application will be on hold and cic can't progress further without biometrics and will add further delay in taking a decision of that application or they can still continue with checking other stuff.

In addition this, In which stage will they verify and really need the biometrics and can't progress that stage? Thank you in advance for your response.

wandrmnk

Jan 9, 2021
I think you should wait for an update on medicals because getting GCMS notes takes a long time and there is not much value in ordering them so early in the process. Maybe others here can give a better answer.
I was thinking of waiting another week to see if there is any movement. If not, I will probably prefer to order GCMS as I see some cases for whom the meds are stuck at reviewing results for months on end.

Could someone please help me with any other suggestion, please?