Type - CEC
ITA - Sep 16th 2020
AOR - Nov 24th 2020
Medical - Upfront
Nationality - India
Residence - Canada
CRS - 488

Note: Applied for WIP extension, hopefully I will receive
Got my Medicals and BIL today (2021/01/06) and completed BIL today itself. When shall I order GCMS notes?

cyystef

Star Member
Oct 15, 2020
Hey guys,

I got an email saying they updated my application status, but when I checked my account, nothing changed.

Is this normal?

Thanks.

beyourownak

Jan 5, 2021
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-11-2020
Med's Done....
12-12-2020
Hey guys,

I got an email saying they updated my application status, but when I checked my account, nothing changed.

Is this normal?

Thanks.
yes, thats probably a ghost update. The first usually happens a day or two after the MEP

Reactions: cyystef

apollonoob

Star Member
Nov 16, 2020
Hey guys,

Is this normal?

Thanks.
It seems that you have a ghost update. Usually it is regarded as a good sign.could you please share When did you got your AOR? And what is your status of background check?

cyystef

Star Member
Oct 15, 2020
It seems that you have a ghost update. Usually it is regarded as a good sign.could you please share When did you got your AOR? And what is your status of background check?
My AOR is Nov 24, and MEP Jan 5. My status still remained "You passed the medical exam" and 24% complete. There isn't any sign of a background check.

cooldudeusa

Star Member
Nov 25, 2020
Hey guys,

Is this normal?

Thanks.
I got the same and it is a default email as it take 24hr for system to update the BIL. If you check the email timing it would be exact 24hr from the previous day MEP/BIL email. Yesterday after MEP/BIL the Biometric section was saying we don’t need biometric but with todays email it started showing as you need to submit the biometric.

Any such email in future will be a good sign.

Reactions: cyystef

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
No change, mine still says 'We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.'

The Background check status changes to 'Your application is in progress.....'.
Got it, thanks. Just wondering how much delay will happen without giving biometrics. Looks like VAC's will be closed to PR applicants for a long time in India.

Sharanm7

Mar 23, 2019
Got it, thanks. Just wondering how much delay will happen without giving biometrics. Looks like VAC's will be closed to PR applicants for a long time in India.
I hope they continue processing other stages whilst waiting for biometrics.

Les.09

Nov 26, 2020
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-11-2020
Med's Done....
04-10-2020
Hello @legalfalcon please, if someone withdraws their application post AOR without a final decision on their withdrawal application, is it okay to join the pool immediately again and submit a new eAPR should they get another ITA? Please your response will be greatly appreciated. Thank you