+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>NOVEMBER 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

chichukw

May 3, 2021
Hi guys,

FSW: Outland
VO: Montreal
AOR: Nov 2020

Currently residing in the USA as an F-1 student that is on STEM OPT. My OPT ends a year from now and I’m anxious about the FSW Outland applications still not being processed since a year now. My fiancé is in canada and already has his PR but we were thinking that we get married in a country we can both visit and then he files for me so that my application can be processed faster as a spouse. I tried applying for Canadian visa but due to covid, it’s a waiting game too. Same applies to him for USA.

I already had my own application in and was wondering if this makes more sense than waiting for FSW Outland to be processed? I heard spousal applications take atleast 18months before Covid so could be longer. Would this be better or do I just wait out my current pending application??

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
Hi guys,

Currently residing in the USA as an F-1 student that is on STEM OPT. My OPT ends a year from now and I’m anxious about the FSW Outland applications still not being processed since a year now. My fiancé is in canada and already has his PR but we were thinking that we get married in a country we can both visit and then he files for me so that my application can be processed faster as a spouse. I tried applying for Canadian visa but due to covid, it’s a waiting game too. Same applies to him for USA.

I already had my own application in and was wondering if this makes more sense than waiting for FSW Outland to be processed? I heard spousal applications take atleast 18months before Covid so could be longer. Would this be better or do I just wait out my current pending application??
@chichukw - filing as a spouse does not speed up the process. It is best to wait for your FSW application to be processed at this stage. Have you tried the work visa/visitor visa route since your fiance is already there, you can explore that option too.

johnnywasserman

Nov 27, 2020
Hi guys,

Wow, I'm pretty much exactly in the same scenario, except that me and my girlfriend have visitor visas to US/Canada. Spousal sponsorship does take time but it comes with an open work permit, and both FSW and spousal applications can be submitted simultaneously. I have checked with immigration lawyers, if you receive a PR for one of them, the other one immediately gets withdrawn and you don't get you money back (which is fine by me).

We have explored all paths in case they don't process FSW at all
1. We are getting married in Feb 2022, I will apply for spousal sponsorship immediately. My STEM OPT expires in March 2023, if I dont get PR approved till then, I will move to Canada on visitor visa (even if they ban visitors, they have always had exceptions for family) and apply for open work permit (I have heard it takes a few months), and then look for jobs on the open work permit. Its not ideal, because I have to quit and stay unemployed for a few months, but I dont mind taking a break for a couple of months.
2. My girlfriend is going to be able to apply for citizenship by Sep 2022, so she will receive it by Mar 2023, we will look for jobs back in home country, and come back to Canada in few years. (Canadian citizens can sponsor spouses from abroad, permanent residents can only sponsor if they are currently in Canada)
3. Look for jobs in Canada next year for companies that will sponsor work permit (looks unlikely currently)
4. Try for intra company transfer. I know my company will transfer me to Canada if I have PR, but doesnt look like they will apply for a work visa for my transfer, but still worth trying.
5. Ofcourse I still have one attempt left for H1b, but I have zero intention of staying in the US. In case I do get it, she can apply for TN1 visa once she gets her citizenship and join me in US.

DM me if you want more info!

Reactions: chichukw

GurpreetKalra23

Aug 31, 2020
Wow, I'm pretty much exactly in the same scenario, except that me and my girlfriend have visitor visas to US/Canada. Spousal sponsorship does take time but it comes with an open work permit, and both FSW and spousal applications can be submitted simultaneously. I have checked with immigration lawyers, if you receive a PR for one of them, the other one immediately gets withdrawn and you don't get you money back (which is fine by me).

1. We are getting married in Feb 2022, I will apply for spousal sponsorship immediately. My STEM OPT expires in March 2023, if I dont get PR approved till then, I will move to Canada on visitor visa (even if they ban visitors, they have always had exceptions for family) and apply for open work permit (I have heard it takes a few months), and then look for jobs on the open work permit. Its not ideal, because I have to quit and stay unemployed for a few months, but I dont mind taking a break for a couple of months.
2. My girlfriend is going to be able to apply for citizenship by Sep 2022, so she will receive it by Mar 2023, we will look for jobs back in home country, and come back to Canada in few years. (Canadian citizens can sponsor spouses from abroad, permanent residents can only sponsor if they are currently in Canada)
3. Look for jobs in Canada next year for companies that will sponsor work permit (looks unlikely currently)
4. Try for intra company transfer. I know my company will transfer me to Canada if I have PR, but doesnt look like they will apply for a work visa for my transfer, but still worth trying.
5. Ofcourse I still have one attempt left for H1b, but I have zero intention of staying in the US. In case I do get it, she can apply for TN1 visa once she gets her citizenship and join me in US.

Wow you did such a research and now it is all not worth it as you got the PPR..

I dont know you but reading your post makes me feel so happy for you.. Congratulations!!!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon. I was asked to provide updated proof of funds along with transaction history of each account for the past three months and written explanation and supporting documents for all the source of funds in your accounts. The problem is that I have around 4000 CAD deficit from the amount that I should have in my account. My family is willing to give me this amount as a gift, can this solve the issue? if yes, how should i do this?

Another question is, do I need to send statements for all my bank accounts and credit cards or only the account the I have the money in?
It is an applicant's responsibility to show PoF when they apply as well as when they land in Canada. You can get a gift deed from your family, however, whether it will suffice will depend on the officer and your individual circumstances and facts of the application..

johnnywasserman

Nov 27, 2020
Wow you did such a research and now it is all not worth it as you got the PPR..

I dont know you but reading your post makes me feel so happy for you.. Congratulations!!!
Haha thank you, yes its been a long journey. I should be relieved I guess but I have a feeling there are going to be more twists and turns, after all its IRCC. Im just going to continue as is until I get my PR card.

Dreddy

Star Member
Sep 5, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon

We did our remedicals on 15th Dec but since my wife is pregnant now, we skipped X-Ray for her. We received our information sheets today. Mine says my health case is submitted to IRCC while her sheet says not submitted. Is it normal that clinic submits only after all tests are done or can submit results of tests that are carried out?

Screenshot below

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

We did our remedicals on 15th Dec but since my wife is pregnant now, we skipped X-Ray for her. We received our information sheets today. Mine says my health case is submitted to IRCC while her sheet says not submitted. Is it normal that clinic submits only after all tests are done or can submit results of tests that are carried out?

Screenshot below

Yes, this is the standard protocol, see:

see https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=987&top=4

and https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/department/partner/pp/pdf/imm5733e.pdf

Reactions: Dreddy

chichukw

May 3, 2021

Wow thanks so much for providing this information! It feels good to find someone in a similar boat as I’ve been racking my brain trying to figure out what to do. I definitely have to get a visitors visa so we can be in the same location. I also have one year for h1b slot but I’m not too keen on staying in the US either.

Yes I’ll certainly do you for more info!

MAK1991

Nov 29, 2020
Hi,
Can anyone answer a query of mine?
I have raised a webform about my marital status change on 26 December 2021. But I haven’t received any “no-reply email about your webform has been submitted”.
Is this normal? I’m not sure IRCC received my webform yet.
should I raise another webform about the same issue or wait longer for the email confirmation?
Best Regards

baryonix

May 21, 2019
Just wanna note to you guys that today is the expiry date of the Public Policy for Auto-extension of medical result for In-Canada applicants:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/temporary-public-policy-exempting-some-foreign-nationals-canada-requiring-immigration-medical-exam.html

My application has not been updated to show extended yet. I don't know if it's already extended behind the scene....

Edit: this policy is extended on Dec 24, 2021 here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/public-policy-extended-medical-exam.html

Last edited:

Bilalranjha

May 19, 2018
Hello Everyone.

I am Nov 2020 AOR-FSWO. I have not heard anything from IRCC for the past 13 Months. Anybody has any idea what maybe going on ? Is there any chance that they would process my application or should I lose hope about it ?

Your Response would be highly appreciated.

Thank You

imm2canadaordie

Nov 1, 2017
Category........
FSW
I am Nov 2020 AOR-FSWO. I have not heard anything from IRCC for the past 13 Months. Anybody has any idea what maybe going on ? Is there any chance that they would process my application or should I lose hope about it ?
Nobody knows in short. There were rumours that they'll turn all outland VOs on 100% in january and resume processing AORs april 2020 and so forth. But besides rumours there's nothing and no movements towards this.

If you have spare 10k$ wait for like half a year and then you'll have a strong case to file for mandamus, which basically is legal thing that forces immigration to give you an answer.

For now you can only keep waiting.

walnorez

Feb 14, 2021
Hello Everyone.

Your Response would be highly appreciated.

Thank You
I assume FSW-O for Canada is pretty much same as a similar immigration program to Australia - dead since the Pandemic began. If you got any chance to become a student in Canada or find an employer who would issue you a work permit to come to Canada - use it, there might be no other chance like this any more - at least until Pandemic ends, which as South Park depicted it - can last 10 years or more.

Personally, I don't see how this Pandemic is relevant any more from the perspective of health danger. Rich countries are just happy that suddenly there is something allowing them to stop poor people immigration and that's why they will look for excuse to continue Pandemic as long as it's "beneficial" in their view. It's Brexit on international level, they just don't want to call it like that. You now have only very difficult ways of immigration - through work visas and work permits, which were always limited to extremely talented or lucky few thousand ones. EU is pretty happy with internal immigration from East EU to West EU - so they don't need outsiders, US will always have enough immigrants from the South even with "closed" borders, Canada apparently has dozens of thousands of foreigners on Temporary Residence to convert to permanent residents. So everyone is happy with status quo.

We all expected FSW-O will restart processing in September, when Canadian borders reopened for foreign tourists and we saw still no progress. So, January-2022 seams unlikely to change anything. In Summer IRCC said Afghanistan nationals are a priority (which I'm not against, but they don't focus on residents of Afghanistan, you can be living many years in Germany and wishing to move to Canada - you will be a priority in such case, which is not related to the current situation in Afghanistan), then recently they again introduced quarantine for everyone because of Omicron (which no one proved to be a dangerous version so far). They'll always find excuses.

metalgear

Dec 31, 2021
I assume FSW-O for Canada is pretty much same as a similar immigration program to Australia - dead since the Pandemic began. If you got any chance to become a student in Canada or find an employer who would issue you a work permit to come to Canada - use it, there might be no other chance like this any more - at least until Pandemic ends, which as South Park depicted it - can last 10 years or more.

Personally, I don't see how this Pandemic is relevant any more from the perspective of health danger. Rich countries are just happy that suddenly there is something allowing them to stop poor people immigration and that's why they will look for excuse to continue Pandemic as long as it's "beneficial" in their view. It's Brexit on international level, they just don't want to call it like that. You now have only very difficult ways of immigration - through work visas and work permits, which were always limited to extremely talented or lucky few thousand ones. EU is pretty happy with internal immigration from East EU to West EU - so they don't need outsiders, US will always have enough immigrants from the South even with "closed" borders, Canada apparently has dozens of thousands of foreigners on Temporary Residence to convert to permanent residents. So everyone is happy with status quo.

We all expected FSW-O will restart processing in September, when Canadian borders reopened for foreign tourists and we saw still no progress. So, January-2022 seams unlikely to change anything. In Summer IRCC said Afghanistan nationals are a priority (which I'm not against, but they don't focus on residents of Afghanistan, you can be living many years in Germany and wishing to move to Canada - you will be a priority in such case, which is not related to the current situation in Afghanistan), then recently they again introduced quarantine for everyone because of Omicron (which no one proved to be a dangerous version so far). They'll always find excuses.
Okay, mostly-assuming, personally-believing, wholeheartedly-writing, reply-jacking BUT self-proclaimed-realist Walnorez. Now go back to work and stop wasting your precious time on forum when it's that sad situation. Your venting is well noted. Let us know when IRCC personally calls you again for your next speculative oh I mean realist post.