Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Thanks. So I can land in Canada, confirm my PR, not declare the car (which I haven’t even bought yet), buy a car in the US and declare it later (one time) when I’m moving in permanently?

Is my understanding correct?
Yes. You should have the car title with you meaning pay off any loans on the car. Also, its better to get the car from US as Canada has poor deals on cars.

hydrizxcv

Star Member
Jan 16, 2020
I am landing next week by car from the US. Do I need to declare my bank balance, crypto and stocks at the border crossing since they exceed 10K CAD?

I am not carrying liquid cash of more than 10K CAD. But I have bank statements and a letter showing a USD $11K balance (CAD $14K) and another bank statement with a $5K USD balance. Do I need to disclose this?

I also have stocks and crypto in my name. Do I need to disclose this as well?

On the E677 form https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/e677-eng.html it says this:

Monetary instruments” means securities and negotiable instruments in bearer form where ownership is conveyed by physical possession. It can include stocks, bonds, debentures, treasury bills, banker's drafts, cheques and money orders, other than warehouse receipts and bills of lading. It does not include securities or negotiable instruments that bear restrictive endorsements or a stamp for the purposes of clearing or are made payable to a named person and have not been endorsed.

Does this mean the crypto and stocks I own through Coinbase and ETrade websites which are essentially brokers should be declared? I don't have physical possession of these stocks and cryptos as it is not possible to be in physical possession of these financial instruments.

Last edited: