+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVEMBER 2019 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
I figured when I asked the applicant was from India. I have noticed many India apps getting ppr. Saw some in six to seven months. Happy for you.

MusfiraMohd

Jan 25, 2021
I figured when I asked the applicant was from India. I have noticed many India apps getting ppr. Saw some in six to seven months. Happy for you.
I did not get a ppr yet. Depressed.
My question was .. both the applicant and sponsor are in india.. is it allowed for the sponsor to stay in india.. he has been here for 2 months now.. i read in some forum that it is not allowed for a sponsor to leave Canada for more than 1-2 weeks

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
Umm. I am a citizen and I applied outland. I know a citizen can apply outland and I am also not in Canada. This is ok. Now referring to someone with pr I know you have to apply from being in Canada as the sponsor.

MusfiraMohd

Jan 25, 2021
Umm. I am a citizen and I applied outland. I know a citizen can apply outland and I am also not in Canada. This is ok. Now referring to someone with pr I know you have to apply from being in Canada as the sponsor.
The sponsor already applied when he was i canada .. application is in provess since November 2019.. he is on a visit now since November 2020.. will his visit affect my process ?

Onee

Nov 14, 2020
The current status in my online account changed to "application/profile updated" and then returned to "submitted" when I refreshed the page. I noticed that again the progress bar is gone. Has anyone else had the same experience recently?

Onee

Nov 14, 2020
The current status in my online account changed to "application/profile updated" and then returned to "submitted" when I refreshed the page. I noticed that again the progress bar is gone. Has anyone else had the same experience recently?
Progress bar has been reinstated. I'm starting to think that this means something. Could it be ghost updates?

p86shah

Star Member
Sep 24, 2017
The sponsor already applied when he was i canada .. application is in provess since November 2019.. he is on a visit now since November 2020.. will his visit affect my process

The answer to your question is no , it doesn’t affect that you are in Canada or India in sponsoring your PA from India. Due to COVID many firms all over the world allowing people to work remotely. So people are travelling back to their home countries.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
The sponsor already applied when he was i canada .. application is in provess since November 2019.. he is on a visit now since November 2020.. will his visit affect my process ?
If the sponsor is a PR, the sponsor must be resident in Canada. Shirt trips abroad - eg less than a month - seem to be fine. It is not clear how strictly they enforce this but they can simply cancel the app as sponsor not eligible.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
This is not true. Rules are clear, PRs must be resident in Canada. The enforcement may not be consistent, but they can cancel the app on eligibility grounds.