+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVEMBER 2019 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

papan5069

Jun 13, 2018
New delhi
Category........
Hi,

Can somebody kindly help me with the below queries regarding spousal sponsorship. I have landed as a PR and now sponsoring my wife and son from India

1) What is the approximate rate for translating chat logs from Whatsapp?
2) How much is the Biometric fees and can we pay it upfront during paying application fees?
3) What is the average time for spousal sponsorship nowadays?
4) I do not have a job now but I'm in the process of interviews/appointments. We are showing required funds as a proof that we can continue to stay for another 8 to 9 months and also we have some distant relative's place to stay. Anybody got rejection for not having a job ?

Any insight is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance

takitfree

Star Member
Nov 2, 2019
Hi,

Can somebody kindly help me with the below queries regarding spousal sponsorship. I have landed as a PR and now sponsoring my wife and son from India

1) What is the approximate rate for translating chat logs from Whatsapp?
2) How much is the Biometric fees and can we pay it upfront during paying application fees?
3) What is the average time for spousal sponsorship nowadays?
4) I do not have a job now but I'm in the process of interviews/appointments. We are showing required funds as a proof that we can continue to stay for another 8 to 9 months and also we have some distant relative's place to stay. Anybody got rejection for not having a job ?

Any insight is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance
1) rates can vary greatly I found Translation. Agency Ontario to be pretty good. https://www.taontario.ca/
2) 85 per person to a max of 170 per family. yes.
3) CIC says 12 months but the average amongst those tracking progress here is much better . 121 days between application received and passport requested from the embassy.
4) You do not need a job to apply but you will be asked how you intend to support your family. If you have dependents who also have children, having no job may be an obstacle. Whether you can get approval as a sponsor without a job is completely dependent upon the individual facts of your case i.e. how much money you have, how much support your family will need etc... It’s completely at the discretion of the officer reviewing your case.

Reactions: alaria

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Do we need to inform CIC about medical been taken or just wait for them to change the status after the hospital sends them the reports?
In all cases I'm aware of, the hospital sends the reports directly to CIC. Wait a week or two at least and see. In my case, they were updated after only three-four days, but of course it can take longer and still be normal. Note for example the hospital/clinic may need to wait for blood work and other test results to come back, data entry, etc.

Reactions: IkOnkar

papan5069

Jun 13, 2018
New delhi
Category........
1) rates can vary greatly I found Translation. Agency Ontario to be pretty good. https://www.taontario.ca/
3) CIC says 12 months but the average amongst those tracking progress here is much better . 121 days between application received and passport requested from the embassy.
4) You do not need a job to apply but you will be asked how you intend to support your family. If you have dependents who also have children, having no job may be an obstacle. Whether you can get approval as a sponsor without a job is completely dependent upon the individual facts of your case i.e. how much money you have, how much support your family will need etc... It’s completely at the discretion of the officer reviewing your case.
Thanks a lot for the information. I'm going ahead with the application.

Reactions: takitfree

AlexAU

Nov 6, 2019
Hi there,
Is it possible that my application (PA from Mexico) has been delayed in the SA due to the fact that my husband worked in Canada legally in the past? I am just a little worried about the times, I am hoping it goes as fast as the rest of you.

Thanks

papan5069

Jun 13, 2018
New delhi
Category........
Hi @takitfree : Can you kindly help me with one more query

I want to translate my whatsapp chatlogs. So, is it enough that I convert it into word and get it translated by a registered translator or " Do I need to get the whatsapp conversion notarised by a notary "

Kindly help me with the procedure, as I don't want to miss out any step

Reactions: takitfree

Pandacitaa

Nov 6, 2019
Hello ,
I got a request for medical and not biometrics? Anyone else in the same position as me ?

also my partner is Albanian working in Germany. Do you think he should go back home to do his medical or he can do it Germany ?

satcan

Star Member
Jul 16, 2018
Application received Nov 27,19. AOR1 recieved today. Does PA get any confirmation email too or only sponsor gets it ?
I was able to link our application. In our account it shows already biometrics number and expiry date. My spouse gave her biometrics in Sep 2019 for visitor visa. Will we be getting the biometrics request again ?, I already made the payment for biometrics