+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVEMBER 2019 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
Received SA today.
what could be the next and when to expect it?
Thank you guyz.
Once an application is received by Sydney, they enter info into their system. At some point later (currently it takes around 3 weeks) a sponsor gets AOR (acknowledgement of receipt) email to their inbox. At this point a sponsor or a PA can link an application to their online account. Either of them can do it. Here's the detailed explanation about that https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-to-link-an-application-to-cic-account-step-by-step-instruction.619724/
After AOR is issued, CIC starts processing sponsor's part of the application, i.e. they determine if a sponsor is eligible to be a sponsor. If the sponsor is approved, ECAS shows "Decision Made" under sponsor's part (on the left) and an email is sent to sponsor's inbox notifying of the decision.
At that time PA's part of an application starts and PA is requested to pass biometrics (this is done in the closest VAC) and medical exam for PA and all dependents listed in the application.
Once all that is done (or sometimes even before that) an application is transferred to a visa office responsible for PA's country. That also might be Mississauga which is considered to be the fastest one. A sponsor receives an email from CIC notifying of the transfer, and some time later ECAS starts showing "we started processing your application" under PA's part and a PA receives an email. This email is considered AOR2. Depending on your visa office you might have to wait for a few months before you can see this on ECAS.
And the final step is decision made under PA's part on ECAS and passport request.

gracey31

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
Once an application is received by Sydney, they enter info into their system. At some point later (currently it takes around 3 weeks) a sponsor gets AOR (acknowledgement of receipt) email to their inbox. At this point a sponsor or a PA can link an application to their online account. Either of them can do it. Here's the detailed explanation about that https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-to-link-an-application-to-cic-account-step-by-step-instruction.619724/
After AOR is issued, CIC starts processing sponsor's part of the application, i.e. they determine if a sponsor is eligible to be a sponsor. If the sponsor is approved, ECAS shows "Decision Made" under sponsor's part (on the left) and an email is sent to sponsor's inbox notifying of the decision.
At that time PA's part of an application starts and PA is requested to pass biometrics (this is done in the closest VAC) and medical exam for PA and all dependents listed in the application.
Once all that is done (or sometimes even before that) an application is transferred to a visa office responsible for PA's country. That also might be Mississauga which is considered to be the fastest one. A sponsor receives an email from CIC notifying of the transfer, and some time later ECAS starts showing "we started processing your application" under PA's part and a PA receives an email. This email is considered AOR2. Depending on your visa office you might have to wait for a few months before you can see this on ECAS.
And the final step is decision made under PA's part on ECAS and passport request.
Thank you, this is very helpful.

Bage

Dec 1, 2019
Application received: Nov 25
AOR1 : Dec 13

I hope they process the application fairly quickly...

Thanks, everyone on this forum for your valuable input as it has helped me immensely during this crunch time.

Reactions: alaria

jfeags

Dec 3, 2019
Hi, my application was delivered on 18th November and I have not received any AOR yet. Also, i am unable to link my application on gc key. Should i be worried?
no, some just go slow unfortunately...mine was from the 13th and got today. I was really worried!

Reactions: i_sanjana

gracey31

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
I received my medical request letter today, but worried I cannot do my medical exam coz of menstruation, anybody here who knows how many days after medical exam will the IRCC received the result?
I plan to take my medical exam at St Lukes Taguig City.

gracey31

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
Everywhere it is different, 3-5 days. You should ask your medical authority when they upload to CIC.
Okay thank you for your answer, I’ll take my medical exam one week after my menstruation, just worried because the medical request is good for one month only

satcan

Star Member
Jul 16, 2018
Application received Nov 27,19. AOR1 recieved today. Does PA get any confirmation email too or only sponsor gets it ?

halexhowellosuna

Mar 24, 2019
Quick q: is there a glossary somewhere of what all these acronyms mean?

Application received: Nov 14;
Confirmation email rec'd: Dec 7;
Sponsor Approval: Dec 12
Husband got email about biometrics: Dec 11
Medical Exam: Dec 13

I'm assuming they're just front-loading biometrics and medical exam requests because they tend to take a while. How quickly does everything go once biometrics and medical exam are submitted?